Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM, where to shop... suggestions?

Options
  • 04-11-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question.

I am looking to upgrade the RAM on my laptop with 1GB of RAM. Its PC2700 DDR 200Pin RAM. I have tried komplett and crucial, and Komplett seem to be the cheapest (50% cheaper) but are unfortunately out of stock. Anyone got any other suggestions of where to get cheap RAM?

Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

offtek.co.uk & crucial.com are also good resources, if you want an Irish supplier try shop4memory.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I would also recommend MemoryC/shop4memory (same business)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

aye another vote for shop4memory.com next day delivery and free postage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Ordered ram yesterday from shop4memory arrived this morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i am looking for 2x2Gb RAM sodimm pc2-5300 667mhz around the websites,cost me about 60euro??

i thought the ram are cheaper nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

SO-DIMMs aren't :)
    And 4GB is still quite a lot compared to the average you get these days.

Also, what OS are you using? If it's 32-bit the whole 4GB may not be available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

it's vista 32bit,i know it will go max of 3.2gb but i will just upgrade it anyway,since they work better in dual channel - based on what i think they are cheap to get.i probably will wait till next year then.

thought i can get them for about 40-50euro,again,we are in the ripoff EU zone :(

anyway,i found that dabs.ie has the better deal than those websites mentioned above,crucial/corsiar 2x2Gb pc2-5300 laptop ram is 60euro including postage,i prefer them to g-skill etc brand

Advertisement