Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most pleasant street/area to walk down in the city?

Options
  • 04-11-2008 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

It would be interesting to hear from people who enjoy different parts of Limerick City. My own favourites are;
    Peoples Park especially in morning.
    Canal bank and the walk/cycle all the way to Plassey.
    Westfields - a short walk or cycle from city and full of wildlife.
    Thomas street Cafes on a sunny afternoon.
    Market on Saturday.
    New paved area on North side of river.
    Area of river opposite Hunt Museum- near Treaty stone.
    Etc., etc., etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Really enjoy walking down Henry St.

It has come on so much in the past few years, such a huge difference to what it was about 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

George's Quay, love driving/walking down there

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

Pery square, catherine street, st. josephs st., O'connell ave. Evening or morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Thomas street cafes do tend to get overun by posers from BT though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I like to pop into the cafes on Thomas St after buying a few bits and pieces in BT's. Although they do tend to get over run with riff raff from the William St Mall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I like to pop into the cafes on Thomas St after buying a few bits and pieces in BT's. Although they do tend to get over run with riff raff from the William St Mall.

I'll stop going there then:P

BarryCreed wrote: »
    Thomas street cafes do tend to get overun by posers from BT though...

ah, yerra, I was only taking the Mickey...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I find walking to Mary I from upper Henry Street very pleasant quite early in the morning. Theres a great bustling vibe about and theres a lovely mix of people bustling about (aka no ruffians) -mums and dads dropping little children to school, businessmen hurrying to the office, Mary I students chatting to friends on the way to college, local priests and nuns on morning errands from the nearby church and convent and a few very sweet old people out for a morning stroll. Always strikes me as a far cry from the constant damning reports we always hear of Limerick through the media -there's a hell of a lot more to Limerick than Moyross.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Always strikes me as a far cry from the constant damning reports we always hear of Limerick through the media -there's a hell of a lot more to Limerick than Moyross.

Well said my friend. Very true.

My fave streets to walk on are:

Pery Square
    Bedford Row
    Ennis Road (from bridge to Union X)
    Howley's Quay (Poorman's Kilkee)
    Charlotte's Quay (Lock bar)
    O'Connell Avenue

some of the old town around king johns castle is nice. the narrow streets and so on, but unfortunately you have shams hanging around there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I've completely changed my training routine in the last few months.
    I used to do a lot of running out in Castltroy.
    I train for marathons, so I do a lot of running.

Lately though, I tend to go for runs along the banks and out the Ennis road.
    town in general is just a much nicer place, and is only getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

People's park is lovely, one of the nicest areas in the city, all aorund the park is nice (bar parnell st), all the georgian houses etc.

I remember I always used to park my car beside the park last year when heading to Limerick tutorial on the weekends for grinds and always loved walking along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Interesting to note that readers prefer to posts threads on the 'Most depressing areas of Limerick' thread than the 'pleasant area of Limerick thread'.
    Interesting experiment.
    Kinda tells you something about human nature.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

maybe people cannot think of much nice areas?

another post for this thread. great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Interesting to note that readers prefer to posts threads on the 'Most depressing areas of Limerick' thread than the 'pleasant area of Limerick thread'.
    Interesting experiment.
    Kinda tells you something about human nature.;)
    Not really, people are just stating facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I actually love walking from town to Thomond Park

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Really like the city centre in the morning.
    Nice buzz.

Bedford Row and Thomas st are real nice.
    And Henry st all the way to the SCR is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

used to love walking o connell ave on a sat night home to SC road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

maybe people cannot think of much nice areas?

another post for this thread. great.
    UL on an early brigh sunday morning. Its very nice. go down there on a cold but bright and sunny morning and go to the river. Ducks all over the place and stream rising from the water. tis lovely:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

that's countryside, that doesn't count! ;) just kidding! i walk the dog there regularely...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Myself and the missus went for a stroll through the Arthur Quay park yesterday, it looks a lot more inviting since they took down the guardrails and you can actually see what you're about to walk into, thought it was nice until 3 scumbags took out a few cans of spraypaint and started writing on the steps, ****ing knackers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

that's countryside, that doesn't count! ;) just kidding! i walk the dog there regularely...
    It is country i suppose. I walk the dog there too.

Advertisement