Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best car Insurance

Options
  • 04-11-2008 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all im looking to get insured for the first time and some of the quotes im gettin seem to be very very high on average €1800-€2000. Im (female) 20 and on my second provisional. Also does the fact iv had a few lessons help at all????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That is fairly cheap for a first time provisionally licenced driver. Just get your full licence and it should go down (and you'll even get a rebate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I was 18 when I took out my policy with Quinn Direct nearly a year ago. I paid circa €1800(TPFT) on a 1.9L. I thought it was reasonably given that fact that I didn't have my full licence for long.

Sure you should try them and see. You don't even have to ring them - just get a quote online. I know some people hate them but if you want cheaper insurance you'll have to consider them.

Sure when your getting your quote, check how much it would be with a full licence, at least then you will have a better idea of what to expect when that time comes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Quinn seem to be fairly cheap and common for first timer's.
    http://www.quinn-direct.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lola88

iv tried 123.ie loads but everytime i just get the same reply saying they cant offer me a quote at this time.. dunno if its my age or what :S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

www.bestquote.ie

Got a cheaper quote by Hibernian (via the website above) than Quinn quoted me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

OP - You need to pick up a Golden Pages and hit the phone. Try everyone.

HIB generally give better quotes for mroe experienced drivers. Not too fond off the first timers.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Anan1 wrote: »
    OP - You need to pick up a Golden Pages and hit the phone. Try everyone.

+1, when I was shopping around for my first insurance I found I got better deals over the phone than online. Also I found it easier than filling out endless forms on the net, and some companies like Eaglestar (I think they're Zurich now) don't do online quotes if you're under a certain age, and you go through filling the whole form and get to the end only to be told you need to call them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

lola88 wrote: »
    iv tried 123.ie loads but everytime i just get the same reply saying they cant offer me a quote at this time.. dunno if its my age or what :S

try cornmarket they insured my misses on a lexus is200 with a provisional for about €1300.

also try ladystar insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Forget about online quotes, they are only really designed to give quotes to low risk catagory profiles. Anything no matter how small outside of the norm and the website tells you to ring them for a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

try some of the sertus brokers, try the ones nearest you

http://www.sertus.ie/brokers.asp

my daughter 17 years old on first learner permit was €1380 fully comp. (first car in her own name t. Yaris. 1L value €6k) from AXA through a sertus broker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

What are you driving OP?!

Eagle Star seem to be good with women, my girlfriend started driving with them for 700 quid on a provisional, two years ago now mind but still.

First Ireland is who I'm with and I only pay 840 quid and I'm still pretty young so try them maybe.

http://www.firstireland.ie/V2/contact.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 buer25

try Top Quote, they will try and get the cheapest quote for you. I found them brill every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

How about doing the ignition course with Hibernian, gives a big discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

try:
    quinn
    britton insurance
    fbd (very competitive for older drivers but not sure about starters)

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Britton Insurance, cheaper by a country mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

handbraker wrote: »
    try:
    quinn
    britton insurance
    fbd (very competitive for older drivers but not sure about starters)

you better be sitting down when you phone FBD for a quote for young drivers

snowman707 wrote: »
    you better be sitting down when you phone FBD for a quote for young drivers

Lol, a friend of mine wasn't. I heard they give mad qoutes, likewise with HIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

FBD have crazy prices for young people.
    Defo try Brittons, they were €500 cheaper for me than quinns (1.4 97 pos):D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 RobbieC

im gonna spell it out so write it down;)
    I N S U R E. IE

AHHHH...

Where are all these threads coming from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement