Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Delivery Delay

Options
  • 04-11-2008 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

I've been getting messed around by Dell one way and another over a Vostro system i ordered on september 11th. I've finally found out from Dell what is delaying the delivery of my system. They are waiting for a component-that component is an updated version of Adobe Reader. Yes-Adobe Reader. That is what is causing a 2 month(and growing) delay for my laptop. I told them send it to me without it as it is free and readily available for download. I've been told i have to negotiate with sales to get that done. They've told me that a number of ppl are having this problem and that a department has been set up to deal with it. They guaranteed me a call from this dept within 15 minutes. Of course nothing-so i have to ring them again tomorrow.

I'm beginning to think they want me to cancel the order because the same system is now €500 and i got it for €380 in an offer. They keep offering to cancel and send me back my money or else wait for the "component". Out of sheer stubborness i don't want to make life easy for them and just let them cancel my order after all this hassle.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Seems pretty stupid to be honest, i doubt its the software it normally never is. the only way possible way they could have delayed the order because of the software is if there is a problem with the ordering system.

first off if you still want your computer i would be playing hard ball and basically asking what is taking so long. If it is a part issue understandable you cannot order what isnt there but something as stupid as missing adobe software lol.

lets just say if it was me having to call back again i wouldnt be best pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

write to their complaints department in Bray the address is boghall road afaik and outline the issue and what you have been told on the phone and they will probably sort it out in a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

That doesn't sound right....the only reason SW should delay the order is if the version they have is corrupted & essential....certainly should account for a 2 month delay.

I'd call back & insist on speaking to a manager.

It would not be normal policy to hold off on a delivery due to pricing changes as that happens all the time in the PC business. Ask if you can opt for a higher spec system at the same price & see what happens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Dell are paid to ship applications like Adobe Reader with their computers, it's possible they'd be breaking a contract if they ship without.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

• Advertisement
Advertisement