Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to lose some weight!

Options
  • 05-11-2008 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi guys! :)

I'm new to this but am starting a healthy new burst today!!

Last February my start weight was 15 stone (210 pounds). Through restricting calories and running I got down to 10 stone (140 pounds) in July but am back up to 11 stone as the last few months have been stressful.

I'm back on track the last 2 weeks though. My goal is to be down to 9 stone (126) by my birthday in February. That's 2 stone in 4 months which is very doable.

Just on here to get some support and people to share their stories and we can help each other do it!

Anyone any tips for kickstarting healthy plans again?? :P:confused:

xxxxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

murphs11 wrote: »
    Hi guys! :)

I'm new to this but am starting a healthy new burst today!!

Last February my start weight was 15 stone (210 pounds). Through restricting calories and running I got down to 10 stone (140 pounds) in July but am back up to 11 stone as the last few months have been stressful.

I'm back on track the last 2 weeks though. My goal is to be down to 9 stone (126) by my birthday in February. That's 2 stone in 4 months which is very doable.

Just on here to get some support and people to share their stories and we can help each other do it!

Anyone any tips for kickstarting healthy plans again?? :P:confused:

xxxxx

well done on the initial weight loss, and dont worry too much about one stone you gained back .. your still 4 down from 15!! You prob have a fair idea what you need to do seeing as it worked before! my only advice would be not to restrict calories too much, dont cut out any major food groups and exercise 5 - 6 times per week .. Even if you have al ot of weight to loose (which you dont now :) ) i dont think its a great idea to loose anymore than 1 st per 6 weeks ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 murphs11

Thanks, I know. I just have to keep going with it. It's just a case of getting back on track! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i've been tryin to be healthy past few weeks,,ive been havin smoothies,,wit fat free yoghurt,,i've also signed up to do a half marathon:confused:,,so need to get some runners on now and start walking,,lol,,i dunno are you allowed post other site but minimims.com is fantastic,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Last February my start weight was 15 stone (210 pounds). Through restricting calories and running I got down to 10 stone (140 pounds) in July

That is fantastic going murphs11. Well done. I wouldnt worry too much about the stone- you have decided to stop any more coming back on so thats the first step. Im sooo impressed- you really know way more than most about how to lose weight. All I can say is that the support you get here on these forums is excellent so keep checking in and it will really help you get back on track.

Thanks Bally8. My partner was overseas with the army for 6 months and it was then that I lost all the weight! Everytime that I felt like going off the handle and giving up with all the rabbit food, I just thought of him coming back and me feeling like a million dollars and it kept me on track! And it worked, the look on his face when I met him at the airport was priceless!

It's since he's come back that we've fallen back into our old habits of chinese takeaways on the weekends etc and watching a dvd instead of going for a run! He's able to eat whatever he wants and doesn't have an inch of fat cos he trains so much at work but it takes its toll on me! :( Damn metabolism! lol
    Anyway, just being strong with myself again!! Have to be, am so happy the way I am now, don't wanna go back to being overweight!

Thanks for the support!

• Advertisement

tantipie wrote: »
    i've also signed up to do a half marathon:confused:,,so need to get some runners on now and start walking,,lol,,

I was the same when I first starting running. :D I used tog o out and literally within 2 or 3 minutes I was out of breath but I kept at it day after day, I'd go for walks and put little jogging sessions of 5 minutes into my walk. That way I didn't feel useless coming home after 5 minutes. And I gradually built it up! Ran a 10K mini marathon there in June and was so so proud of myself!! :D

U can do it!:)

Hi guys!

Was away for the weekend and had such a great time! Also stayed really healthy, being away is usually a crap time cos you go for meal etc but I stayed with the healthy options! Quite chuffed with myself! :D

Advertisement