Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vince McMahon

• 05-11-2008 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭

Can anyone shed some light on where the hell Vince McMahon has gone??

I know there was a whole big "thing" about a light falling on him while he was doing McMahon's Millions a while back but have they actually killed him off or did he genuinely hurt himself or whats the craic??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

MILF wrote: »
    I know there was a whole big "thing" about a light falling on him while he was doing McMahon's Millions a while back but have they actually killed him off or did he genuinely hurt himself or whats the craic??

He wasn't hurt. It was just a stunt.

It was part of a storyline that they kind of just forgot about but maybe it might be brought up again sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rainybobainy

Last night shane and stephanie were talking about him in the past tense so there should be a storyline for him coming up soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Last night shane and stephanie were talking about him in the past tense so there should be a storyline for him coming up soon

Either Meltzer or Alverez said they suspected that they could be going for a Vince and Shane vs. Stephenie and Hunter angle soon if they keep playing up tension between Shane and Steph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Either Meltzer or Alverez said they suspected that they could be going for a Vince and Shane vs. Stephenie and Hunter angle soon if they keep playing up tension between Shane and Steph

Aw no! Seriously? That sucked in 2000, it didn't draw money, it didn't draw interest then. Whats the difference now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Aw no! Seriously? That sucked in 2000, it didn't draw money, it didn't draw interest then. Whats the difference now?

WWE in re-using old old storylines shocker;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Thought it was obvious they were goin down a family feud from what I saw the other night.

Well Vince is older and Steph and Shane are far more experienced, not to mention that he has taken alot of time off from T.V. recently so he might be willing to give them more control of the product which would certainly make the fued more interesting than last time, if they tied it in with a real switch in control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

would it involve a super Hunter heel turn

always preferred him as a heel anyway

would it involve a super Hunter heel turn

always preferred him as a heel anyway

It would have to. It would be very difficult to turn Shane heel against his sister considering how popular he is. The man is a hero

It may not have to. It wouldn't be very difficult to turn Shane heel against his sister considering how boring he is. The man is a one major bump spotmunky

Now that i've fixed your post for you, you can thank me later.

• Advertisement

Vince is good in short bursts here and there, but I dont like when he sticks around for months and months at a time. He loses his appeal quickly to me. :(

Now that i've fixed your post for you, you can thank me later.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Shane vs. XPac=Buys.

Probably has more to do with how great of a heel Steph was with Jericho. In general she is an awesome heel. Chip of the old block

Said it before and I'll say it again, Shane vs. XPac=Buys.

Yes, because we all know that was the real main event of Wrestlemania 15 ;)
    Probably has more to do with how great of a heel Steph was with Jericho. In general she is an awesome heel. Chip of the old block

Steph is as good of a heel as Vickie Guerrero is. Screechy, annoying irritating voice which gets right on the crowds nerves.

Mind you, it works..

EXCUSE ME!!!!

Kinda sucks though. That because you have an annoying voice, they make you a major heel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

To the OP think Howard Hughes ;)
    Aw no! Seriously? That sucked in 2000, it didn't draw money, it didn't draw interest then.

Sorry what?

rovert wrote: »
    Sorry what?

It's simple, it was overdone in 2000. They crucified Wrestlemania that year by taking the focus off the guys in the ring, and focusing it on every McMahon that was in their corner, hell, that was even the tagline to promote the event!

It's simple, it was overdone in 2000. They crucified Wrestlemania that year by taking the focus off the guys in the ring, and focusing it on every McMahon that was in their corner, hell, that was even the tagline to promote the event!

That wasnt what I asking you about. They did draw money and interest, if they didnt where did they get that reputation with the Networks as being able to draw money and interest?

if you the didnt where did they get that reputation with the Networks..

To quote your good self... "Sorry, what?!"

To quote your good self... "Sorry, what?!"

Fixed.

That wasnt what I asking you about. They did draw money and interest, if they didnt where did they get that reputation with the Networks as being able to draw money and interest?

They had that reputation long before the family feud storyline came into it, you know that as well as I do. Austin/McMahon is primarily responsibility for their reputation with the networks. USA Network in particular.

However their reputation with networks wasn't as great as you made it out to be by the time 2000 rolled around, one of the reasons Vince moved to TNN towards the end of that very year. Wrestlemania is still one of the poorest Wrestlemanias to be churned out by the WWE as a result of the four way made that way to throw every McMahon in there (because Show wasn't drawing as champion from a few months earlier and Foley has officially "retired" by that stage)

• Advertisement

They had that reputation long before the family feud storyline came into it, you know that as well as I do. Austin/McMahon is primarily responsibility for their reputation with the networks. USA Network in particular.

However their reputation with networks wasn't as great as you made it out to be by the time 2000 rolled around, one of the reasons Vince moved to TNN towards the end of that very year. Wrestlemania is still one of the poorest Wrestlemanias to be churned out by the WWE as a result of the four way made that way to throw every McMahon in there (because Show wasn't drawing as champion from a few months earlier and Foley has officially "retired" by that stage)

Vince and Stephanie did good business in their feud on the Smackdown brand after that and after 2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm glad Vince is off screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Yes, because we all know that was the real main event of Wrestlemania 15 ;)

I just want to see Shane take more big bumps onto padded crash mats . I liked the Xpac match but there was no big bump. Shane's a wannabe stunt man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I would have said "wannabe" stuntman as opposed to "glorified".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Fixed ;)

Advertisement