Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of SNG action on ipoker

Options
  • 05-11-2008 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

Not sure if many use this network but I've noticed that with the $30 sngs there's very few people playing them - and this is in the evening time. Sometimes I could be waiting 30 mins before a game pops up which sucks a lot.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

no one will openly admit to playing sngs on this forum im clearing the leprechaun bonus at mo playing 50s and 100s plenty of games at all speed levels.the turbos and super turbos seem to be the most popular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Turbos etc are crap...I can't get used to them at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Sngs & MTTs are all I play, but only $5 games or $2 turbos now and then for a quick fix. 6-seater tables are best. I play $10 and $20 sngs when I'm up a fair bit. There's more donks at that level than in the lower ones IMO.

I played a $50 one once, I was doing grand until it was down to 3 of us and one player started going all in every single hand. So i did what you do in that situation and waited for a good hand to call him, I got AK and his 10 6 os beat me ... never again.

try the $20 ones, they seem to fill up quick enough on Boylepoker at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mits2006

Sngs & MTTs are all I play, but only $5 games or $2 turbos now and then for a quick fix. 6-seater tables are best. I play $10 and $20 sngs when I'm up a fair bit. There's more donks at that level than in the lower ones IMO.

I played a $50 one once, I was doing grand until it was down to 3 of us and one player started going all in every single hand. So i did what you do in that situation and waited for a good hand to call him, I got AK and his 10 6 os beat me ... never again.

i played a 50 sit go once got all in with 10 6 v AK scooped pretty sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I lied, it was 10 4 he had. So you're a donkey then?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Stoko

There's no problem for the $10 tables fill quick!

Yeah I agree that SNG players are not very active in posting!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

sickpuppy wrote: »
    no one will openly admit to playing sngs on this forum

I think you are wrong,this forum has loads of good players who only play sngs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Hi everyone. My name is bantee, and I'm a SNG player :pac:

Nice one!!
    We are lots! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

This thread will become like a group therapy session like the AA for the SNGers :D

man my AA is crap .. cannt hold on for the last few days :mad:

SNG is so annoying haha and yet so pleasent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Im starting playing $10 sngs for the first time in the next few days!

Ive played a small sample of sngs on another ipoker skin and a small sample on stars.Im a winning player on them accounts over maybe 200 games. Im a losing player over 76 games on the current account but these are from when i began playing so im not taking much into account.

Anyone got any tips on playing at this level ? Ive no interest at playing at a lower level really! Id be pretty confident of been a winning player at this level.

What kind of volume should i look to put in i have about 15 hours a week?

Im not getting any great deal at the minute im using my PP account at the minute but im sure theres better loyalty deals out there!

Is sharkscope essential?

Hi,

200 is way too small sample..

Good deal is in KiwiPoker for SNG.. you get almost 40% rake in bonus.. check it

Tips:
    low blind level play tight (the tighter the better)
    when blinds get high get ICM in cosideration. If there is dead money in the pot with more than 10%-15% of you stack start thinking of shoving with position and strong holding. Try win the pot PF
    Try steal and re-steal in good spots...

In Small blind high blinds if you have less then 8BB most of the time shove into BB with any holding, unless BB is very short stack or very big

GL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Stoko wrote: »
    Hi,

200 is way too small sample..

Good deal is in KiwiPoker for SNG.. you get almost 40% rake in bonus.. check it

Tips:
    low blind level play tight (the tighter the better)
    when blinds get high get ICM in cosideration. If there is dead money in the pot with more than 10%-15% of you stack start thinking of shoving with position and strong holding. Try win the pot PF
    Try steal and re-steal in good spots...

In Small blind high blinds if you have less then 8BB most of the time shove into BB with any holding, unless BB is very short stack or very big

GL!

Im pretty ok with the theory behind sngs ( well time will tell ) !! Il look in to kiwi poker but need to get moneybookers sorted thats why im with PP at the min! I might have a look at your sng forum

Have you got Collin's book? Brilliant one for SNG

Kiwi has something called Aces. For each $ they give you 20Aces
    for 500Aces they give you $10, so for 25 $10+$1 games you get $10USD, which is not that bad imo

Sorry for the theory thougt this is what u asked...

I used sharkscope HUD for a while but did not help me as much as a noraml HUD wit VP$IP/PF/AF does... maybe it helps for high levels..

Advertisement