Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginning of Change?

Options
  • 05-11-2008 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

If Obama wins (which appears to be a cert!) will this finally end the poor me attitude and oppressed feelings that many blacks in America believe in.
    I think it should bury all the "Black people are opressed in USA" and "The Federal government hates African Americans". Surely this type of belief will be blown out of the water with a black President being elected (I speak in the broadest sense).

Hopefully it unites all Americans rather than divide different peoples like George W. Bush has done. I do believe it will at least stop the negative self outlook many Black Americans hold, as the saying goes "Self pity is no pity"

Discuss....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

People worse off than others will always, rightly or wrongly, blame someone or something other than themselves.

Advertisement