Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League (any other business thread)

• 05-11-2008 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Results from tonight

CFR Cluj 1 – 2 Bordeaux
    Roma 3 – 1 Chelsea

Anorthosis Famagusta 3 – 3 Internazionale
    Werder Bremen 0 – 3 Panathinaikos

Sporting Lisbon 1 – 0 Shakhtar Donetsk
    Barcelona 1 – 1 Basel

Liverpool 1 – 1 Atletico Madrid
    Marseille 3 – 0 PSV Eindhoven

Almost every result tonight is of interest, Barca and Sporting are through, while Shakhter go into the UEFA cup.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Watched the Inter game myself and they were lacklustre to say the least. That young fella Balotelli was quality up front with a goal and an assist.

Goal of the round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Jesus chelsea got destroyed, Vucinic was fantastic for the third goal, ran rings around Mikel. Isn't he from Montenegro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

roryc wrote: »
    Jesus chelsea got destroyed, Vucinic was fantastic for the third goal, ran rings around Mikel. Isn't he from Montenegro?

I wouldnt say he ran rings around him. Mikel was unlucky as it bounced between them and out for your man when he made the tackle. Silly decision to go to ground though.

And yup he's from Montenegro.

Yeh but he lost the ball to Vucinic in the first place, looked fairly tbh.

Just saw the Inter game, some SHOCKING defending for the first two goals thy conceded

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Chelsea were crap tonight but Roma did play some good Football, nothing like the form they have been showing in Serie A.

• Advertisement

Yeh Roma aren't a bad side.. United knocked in a few against them though :)

Roma played excellent tonight though, really thought Chelsea would at least get a draw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Thought the same myself. Forgot what it feels like to get thrashed!

Yeh Roma aren't a bad side.. United knocked in a few against them though :)

Roma played excellent tonight though, really thought Chelsea would at least get a draw.

What are you basing that on? One win against Chelsea?

Roma are an awful side this season. 2 points off bottom in Serie A, have lost all their away games and have a player in Totti who is showing his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ketsbaia seems to be doing something right. A few people on the various Toon forums are talking him up for the managers position should we get new owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Watched the Inter game myself and they were lacklustre to say the least. That young fella Balotelli was quality up front with a goal and an assist.

One thing I can never understand is how Balotelli doesn't have a bigger reputation outside of Italy. He is absolutely awesome. Better than Bojan IMO which would make him the best youth prospect in Europe

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What are you basing that on? One win against Chelsea?

Roma are an awful side this season. 2 points off bottom in Serie A, have lost all their away games and have a player in Totti who is showing his age.

I'm basing that on the last 5 years, not this season in isolation. I meant Roma aren't a bad side (historically). That fact that a team is struggling in their home league doesn't necessarily mean they will be a walkover in the CL. I wouldn't underestimate Roma regardless of current form. They somewhat proved this last night. The CL can throw up some strange results though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'm basing that on the last 5 years, not this season in isolation. I meant Roma aren't a bad side (historically). That fact that a team is struggling in their home league doesn't necessarily mean they will be a walkover in the CL. I wouldn't underestimate Roma regardless of current form. They somewhat proved this last night. The CL can throw up some strange results though...

Roma really really miss Mancini. It's devestated the team and they certainly aren't a great team anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Frisbee wrote: »
    I wouldnt say he ran rings around him. Mikel was unlucky as it bounced between them and out for your man when he made the tackle. Silly decision to go to ground though.

And yup he's from Montenegro.

Damn :(

Was surprised Barce didn't win by a couple of goals.

Galvasean wrote: »

Was surprised Barce didn't win by a couple of goals.

That's what happens when Xavi gets rested

Galvasean wrote: »

Thats what I was thinking, he's already scored away vs Italy, we can't give him any space when they come to visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

AaB Aalborg 2 – 2 Villarreal
    Celtic 1 – 1 Manchester United

Fiorentina 1 – 1 Bayern Munich
    Lyon 2 – 0 Steaua Bucharest

Arsenal 0 – 0 Fenerbahçe
    Dynamo Kyiv 1 – 2 FC Porto

BATE Borisov 0 – 2 Zenit St Petersburg
    Real Madrid 0 – 2 Juventus

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Do itv have highlights tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I <3 Juvesandro Del Piero...

Juve are starting to worry me, Sods law says Pool will draw them at some point and get knocked out by a Sissoko/Riise combination.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Riise plays for Roma?

• Advertisement

Thank God - we're safe. Unless Sissoko does have his shooting boots on, or we draw Roma! :eek:

Mike

Advertisement