Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What game should i buy?

• 05-11-2008 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

ok the amount of class games that seem to be coming out at the moment is insane but ive a problem. i really am only to able to afford one. Can people give me advise on what i should go for. im open to any type of game as ive no particular preference. i just want to get a good gaming experience and value for money.Ive looked at alot of reviews but still cant make my mind up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

ok the amount of class games that seem to be coming out at the moment is insane but ive a problem. i really am only to able to afford one. Can people give me advise on what i should go for. im open to any type of game as ive no particular preference. i just want to get a good gaming experience and value for money.Ive looked at alot of reviews but still cant make my mind up.

John Madden NFL 02.

Thank me later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

In value for money terms Fallout 3 imo, there is about 60 hours in that.

Experience, that would be Dead Space, very good game but a tad short at 12hrs.

Far Cry 2, great graphics but its very tedious after a few hours and the shooting isn't the best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

cadogs wrote: »
    John Madden NFL 02.

Thank me later.

oh i just don't get those Madden games :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I would second Fallout 3, very engaging, absolutely tons of stuff to locate across the map, looks amazing and damn damn addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Another vote for Fallout 3.
    Whilst Fable 2 is a good game it's too short and dare I say not challenging enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

looks like Fallout 3 has many hooked.
    Might just give it a lash so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just getting into Fallout 3 at the moment (on the pc, but it should still be nice to control on the 360)
    Absolutely essential stuff so far.
    Fable 2 is worth a look as well, the main quest isn't that long but there are plenty of side quests to keep you coming back...

They're both region free as well, so you might even be able to stretch to buying both from VG+ or play-asia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

Just wait 'till friday.Gears 2. or Ninija Gaiden 2. Hard, yes. but one of the best games on the 360.period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Plain and Simple - Gears of War 2,thats 60 bones well worth it..co-op campaign plus countless hours in mutliplayer = great value for money..

If you have money to spare rent fable 2 or dead space for a few days...thats what i did..play it,cleared it and done with it..

i am about 3 days into FALLOUT 3 at the mo and i think {gulp} this just might be the best game EVER. it is CRAZY good.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Fallout 3 is great but it wouldnt be for those who dont like RPGs. i love it.

Gears of War 2 is out this week too. It has been rated slightly lower than Fallout 3 on IGN. But its still 9.5 or something.

Advertisement