Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising (With zero funds)

• 05-11-2008 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have recently set-up a website for my own start-up business.

Currently I have a marketing budget of zero (at least until some funds come in)

I have signed up to a website linksreferral.com (no much use though)

Was wondering if anyone is aware of places willing to give you free advertising or a free trial at least.

If anyone can help please pm me or post here

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Focus your efforts on SEO

Nobody gives away advertising for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 gezas

Hi,

We could exchange banners if you want. 468x60 my web page www.yourofflicence.com

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Out of curiosity - why did you setup a website if you have no budget to market it? What was your budget for setting up a website?

You could approach an investor or SEO company and ask them if they're willing to invest on the basis of future revenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭albert-bundy

quick note .because he is trying..
    I have several companies some doing very well some just ok..all were started from an idea not based on a budget so good luck and keep the CHIN UP.
    contact me in private and i will chat about linking you to some of my companies 7 web sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 gezas

quick note .because he is trying..
    I have several companies some doing very well some just ok..all were started from an idea not based on a budget so good luck and keep the CHIN UP.
    contact me in private and i will chat about linking you to some of my companies 7 web sites.

can I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

For a start you could add your URL to your post. No point getting links from other sites if they don't directly relate to your field and reciprocal links should be handled with care if not avoided altogether.

Make sure you have done all you can to optimise your pages before you start looking beyond your site. When you are sure you have done all you can on your end, start looking for blogs, forums and directories relevant to your sector and start making (intelligent) contributions which reference links to pages in your own site - don't post rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Prime Entertain

What is your website/business about?

I can help you out. Pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wefinditcheaper

I recently started my own website, www.wefinditcheaper.ie and I am in the same boat witht the advertising.letting people know.Im 22 and took a year out to persue my idea but nothing works without alot of money for advertising. contact me on wefinditcheaper@gmail.com if you can help me thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

If you have no budget then its alot of seo work that needs to be done by yourself to get you recognised on top of search engines.

Link building will help you achive this as well for some of your keywords that you are ranked low with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

Firstly what you need to do is get your website indexed if it is not already.

Simply the steps I take to get my site indexed within anywhere between 24-48 hours

1. I like to create wordpress sites...google seems to like them.

2. Activate all in one seo plugin.

3. Activate Google sitemaps xml

4. Title Tags should contain relevant keywords.

5. Create Unique content for your website

6. Make sure you use your keyword within the page, however do not over
    do it!

7. LSI keywords are an excellent way to give you a higher SEO score - Use them!

8. Place google analytics onto your site, google crawls your site to verify.

9. Submit your website to google webmaster - This basically telling google now that you are serious about ranking.

10. Lets just top it off by submitting to another google website- Feedburner- submit your feeds to feedburner. This is in the form of http://www.yoursite.com/feed

11. Ping your site map and site at pingomatic.

12. Ping your site at pingoat

13. Very important step- Google likes to keep up to date with what is going on so this is why google wants to know whats popular and what should be ranking.
    Social bookmarking. Submit your website to 20 Social bookmarking websites. I use social poster.

For a free service use social marker

For SEM there are many free methods.

A few but not an exhaustive list:

Write articles using Ezinearticles.

Use forum marketing. This involves joining forums in your niche and give quality information and have your website in your link. At no stage should you start promoting your website. this is one way to get your self banned.

You can use yahoo answers and answer questions related to your niche and link to a page on your website with related content.

Write quallity keyword optimised material for your website.

Create a video using a free tool like camstudio or get a premium tool like camtasia and create a video around your niche.

Upload your video using tubemogul which distributes to the top video sharing sites. Youtube etc.

You will need to create accounts at each site, might take you 20-30mins but you can always use these account details.

Make sure when writing the articles on ezine articles you only link to your website in your resource box. Articles need to exceed 250 words. Use keywords.

Competitor analysis is paramount so there is no point in targeting keywords unless you know you can rank for them.

Keyword research is the most important thing yu can do and will be the deciding factor from an SEO point of view.

Use the google keyword tool ---> type in your keywords ---> Select Exact match as opposed to broad which is preset. Also select the country you are targeting.

In conjunction with this use wordtracker to check how many daily searches a keyword receives.

Link building is very important for ranking successfully! What you need to have is a lot of high PR sites linking to your site.

Forget about linking to other sites, its not much use to you.

Use web 2.0 sites to create content and link to your website.

By having high PR sites linking to your domain you are getting a vote of trust from google.

Hope this helps! Any other questions just ask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭afishyfish

Nice Post Shaneod.
    I like it.
    Might I add, submitting your site to your local enterprise board for a link to your site.
    Example:
    http://www.fingaldirectory.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mscannell

I'm in the same boat as most of you as have launched a site called www.iriswordaday.ie but have no money to market it. I'm going to follow some of the steps that Shaneod listed but I also setup a facebook fan page for Irish Wod A Day and have over 1000 fans now. I have targeted different groups within facebook and it seems to work a bit.

Advertisement