Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent pop-psych books?

• 05-11-2008 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭

For fun reading mostly... Recommend?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Xander82

Id actually buy a very basic textbook with colour pics and stuff if I was you. There are no good pop-psych books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Not read it yet but plan to look at Cialdini's books on influence - was referred to in an attitudes lecture.
    Also take a look at Obedience to Authority - a classic study and the book is fairly enjoyable.
    Anything by Oliver Sacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Cheeeeeeeeers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Pretty offensive to Sacks and Milgram to call their books "pop psychology", p.pete! They're nothing of the sort.

Well the books are popular at least, sorry to cause offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

"pop psychology" means the "fluffy" stuff like "Chicken soup for the soul", Paul McKenna's books etc, just to clear that up ;-)

my faith in humanity led me to hope that while pop psychology was asked for, maybe they'd accept something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are psych pop up books now ? cool.
    How many pop up penis will there be in the Freud editions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

There's a few of them "Introduction to..." books that touch on psychology. I think I had one on Freud and another simply called "An Introduction to Psychology". Waterstones and Hodgy Fidgy both have a psych section you should find something light in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭taztastic

POP UP FREUD TEXTBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I love it!
    Someone get a publisher now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement