Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help With graphics card

Options
  • 05-11-2008 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Ok i need help with my PC's graphics card my friend says it's a PCI not PCI-E which is not good I also check yougamer to test if i can run Dead Space my system didn't meet the minimum requirements but for some magical reason it runs on it but it's slightly slow.

My graphics card NVIDA GEFORCE 6150 LE.

What i would like to know is how can i run a game were my system doesn't met the minimum requirements and any advise in which graphics card i should get

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

nani17 wrote: »
    Ok i need help with my PC's graphics card my friend says it's a PCI not PCI-E which is not good I also check yougamer to test if i can run Dead Space my system didn't meet the minimum requirements but for so magical reason it runs on it but it's slightly slow.

My graphics card NVIDA GEFORCE 6150 LE.
    That's not a graphics card, its an integrated graphics chip on the motherboard afaik.

Find out what your motherboard is. If you don't know how you could grab Belarc Advisor and I think it'll tell you what your hardware is...been a while since I used it.
    What i would like to know is how can i run a game were my system doesn't met the minimum requirements
    In a word, badly.
    and any advise in which graphics card i should get
    Which games do you want to play? What is the rest of the hardware in your system? (CPU, RAM)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Ok i need help with my PC's graphics card my friend says it's a PCI not PCI-E
    Not in this century.
    Its *almost* definitely AGP - the fact that its integrated doesn't change this, just means it isn't in an AGP slot.
    how can i run a game were my system doesn't met the minimum requirements and any advise in which graphics card i should get
    1) It uses shared video memory, in the system BIOS you can assign more memory to the graphics card.
    2) In the game options, turn down the video settings - resolution, pixel depth, shader effects etc.

or

3) Check whether your motherboard has a PCI-E or AGP slot. It should have one or the other and you will easily get a card for €50 off Komplett, or €20 off e-bay which meets all the requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

That board you have is most likely a 939 board with a PCI-E slot for graphic expansion.

If you post up the model of the board I am sure we can verify that for you.

4850 if a good mid range card if it is within your budget. Othwise a 9500GT or similar would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭nani17

Well thanks very much guys for replying figured out it's PCI-E and bought a graphics card off e-bay for what little money i have is it any good it cost me 40

256mb Nvidia Geforce 8500GT 8500 GT PCI-E Graphics Card

Advertisement