Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Data on Vodafone

• 05-11-2008 1:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭

I recently set up my Samsung Tocco to act as a 3G modem for my laptop over bluetooth. Its working well, only problem is the cost. I purchased a €9.99/month 500mb GPRS package, but whenever I connect over 3G I am being charged €1/mb! I am aware GPRS is 2.5G or whatever (and wrongly assumed this bundle would cover 3G use), but does Vodafone not allow pay monthly customers to purchase some sort of package for using your phone as a modem etc? I can't seem to find any. Any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

make sure that your connecting through vodafone live not vodafone isp. If your connecting via vodafone isp that would explain the high cost. Vodafone isp is much better that vodafone live because you have no internet restrictions that you have to endure with vodafone live. You should ring vodafone and ask them to change your data tariff. Vodafone currently offer 1GB data tarrif with vodafone isp for €9.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

ye, you were right. Did that. thanks

Advertisement