Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road Rage.....

Options
  • 05-11-2008 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

caused by the price of sandwich.

In a clients today, took a bit longer than anticipated, no lunch till about half 3, pulled into the on-the-run esso at the end of the long mile, 1.12 for petrol, I was in reserve so said yeah cheap enough, went in needed food, asked after about 5 mins waiting and needing jax badly, for a ham, egg mayo and onion roll.

I get

half a slice of ham, cut in two, spread the lenght of the baguette
    a spatula (metal thin one) of egg mayo spread over the ham
    a hair slice of onion spread over the mayo

I grabbed a bottle of coke and a packet of king (comfort food) and hit the till, €4.85 for the sandwich, I nearly fell over, I asked are you taking the pi$$ and the guy just laughed, took it on the chin, I was hungry and eventually brought my coke and king to the main counter and told them they'd just lost 70 litres of business as I wouldn't give them the sting of my p1ss (waited till I got home).

I was stunned, country is in a heap and these f*ckers are still ripping us off, I'm on a mission tomorrow as I did the price list for Kerryfresh I'm going to calculate how much it actually cost to make that roll.

Ok rant over.

sorry lads.

N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Well in fairness its more down to the roll maker being a scappy git. If the roll was made properly, the price might have been a bit more justified. Having said that, a fully loaded roll in my local Centra is €3.19, good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You see Esso dont have as much controls on their Deli as lets say Centra, Supervalu, Spar, Mace, Londis as some others.

Musgraves and BWG who own most of the shops licenses have very good trainers and cost control techs who go from shop to shop making sure there is consistency of price and offerings and that each sandwhich(within reason) should be made the same.

You are buying from a central warehouse so your ingredients should be the same, the only variable are the staff and a penny pinching manager whom the area manager would soon sort out.

Buy from one of these people and you should get consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

@ Op is the expression not Steam of my piss ? If you have a sting off your piss I reccomend a trip to the doctors... Im fairly sure his bill will give you road rage too.

I see spar are doning cheapy €1 sambos ( just ham, cheese etc) , wack and packet of king bewtween the bread and you have yourself a feast !

Advertisement