Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OBAMA WINS !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ill just point at random people in the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

juvenal wrote: »
    Only Red, White and Blue :D

bravo sir. I too,don the red white and blue. God bless America

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

seanybiker wrote: »
    ill just point at random people in the crowd.

clap clap point, clap clap point

Jules wrote: »
    Amazing speech, worth staying up for!

Ok, now who is taking bets on how long he lasts?
    He wont last 2 years. Bet ya 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

That was such a fatastic speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I get the feeling... Could be very wrong now.... but I get the feeling dRNk SAnTA and seanybiker... don't like Obama.... could be just me though

I love biden's mum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Am very proud of my country and my state right now. The tears, they are a'comin.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Lads....sit back and enjoy!

We may never see something like this again!

The Berlin Wall was the closest yet for me!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

back to dodgy box. Any good films on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ya think he will last that long? Don't get me wrong i hope he does but he just has that JFK feel about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Isnt this normally the part where it goes to credits and we hear the star wars theme song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    That was such a fatastic speech.

I'm wiping away tears right now and i'm a full grown man. I'm just so moved right now. I have some hope now for my country for my people and for the world in general. Its true YES WE CAN!

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I get the feeling... Could be very wrong now.... but I get the feeling dRNk SAnTA and seanybiker... don't like Obama.... could be just me though
    i dont mind him just getting into debate for the laugh

I guarantee Barack will last the 4 years... You can quote me on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

nycman wrote: »
    I'm wiping away tears right now and i'm a full grown man. I'm just so moved right now. I have some hope now for my country for my people and for the world in general. Its true YES WE CAN!

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm genuinely wondering what big difference you think Obama is going to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I guarantee that this day will go down in history as one of the biggest anti-climaxes ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Overheal wrote: »
    Isnt this normally the part where it goes to credits and we hear the star wars theme song?

they have to get their medals first

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I found the "Yes we can" a bit cheesy and hackneyed but then I'd be one of those cynics he talks so much about. ;)

Sure he dosn't take over for 2 months anyway so I wouldn't be getting too excited yet.

• Advertisement

nycman wrote: »

I welled when he started saying "Black, white and everything in between, gay, straight, disabled and non-dsiabled" particularly gay, as I now feel the US can hope progress with LGBT rights

A bold statement.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I think they are celebrating the end of the empire. Did they not cut to Coruscant after that?

Wait. Was not the quote "So this is how liberty falls. With a thunderous applause" ?
    Ya think he will last that long? Don't get me wrong i hope he does but he just has that JFK feel about him.

Yes. USSS is a very dedicated organisation and not against throwing their weight around. Anyone with negative intentions is going to go up against a hell of an opposing force. I think anyone likely to want to have a crack at him is also going to seriously overestimate himself.

NTM

Done:pac:

Not really.... this would be a bold statement

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I guarantee that this day will go down in history as one of the biggest anti-climaxes ever.

YEP It will

The Berlin Wall was too!

But nice while it lasted!

Enjoy!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm genuinely wondering what big difference you think Obama is going to make.

Get the Religious Right out of the White House for a start. If that's all he does, it will be good enough for me ;)

Sure he dosn't take over for 2 months anyway so I wouldn't be getting too excited yet.

Yeh actually, that's true. By January we'll have lost interest probably, and wish we'd elected Biden's mum. She'd sort out those messers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    I welled when he started saying "Black, white and everything in between, gay, straight, disabled and non-dsiabled" particularly gay, as I now feel the US can hope progress with LGBT rights

Boo hoo. grow up. Politics is a personality contest akin to the likes of X-Factor. Just coz Westlife are No.1 doesn't make 'em any good. It's falacy. this time it comes in a shade od cappachino. So f4444in what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement