Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OBAMA WINS !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

amacachi wrote: »
    I don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm genuinely wondering what big difference you think Obama is going to make.

I feel proud to be an American for the first time in 8 years. Thats a big difference in my books. I feel that come Jan 20th we will have a leader who will justly represent America. I believe that the rest of the world might regain the respect it once had for America that was destroyed by the Bush Administration.In short I believe in Barack Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    I welled when he started saying "Black, white and everything in between, gay, straight, disabled and non-dsiabled" particularly gay, as I now feel the US can hope progress with LGBT rights

that's my one and only beef with Barack Obama. He doesn't go far enough on Gay rights. But he'll certainly be more progressive than the republicans.
    First thing he has to do is pass the stem cell research bill that Bush vetoed twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Would it not be before the whole Clinton scandel since you were a proud American?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I spent the last 7 hours with Americans, French, Swiss, Polish, Austrians, watching the results come it. Everyone was nearly overcome. Whatever about Obama's policies, for a black man (with the middle name Hussein) to be elected US President is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm genuinely wondering what big difference you think Obama is going to make.

backed up by a potential majority in the senate and the house if the dems dont sort the country out in the next 4 years they wont see any power for long time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Seanies32 wrote: »
    YEP It will

The Berlin Wall was too!

But nice while it lasted!

Enjoy!

BErlin Wall? Christ -that was even worse tha Pink Fllyod's wall.

Tom65 wrote: »
    I spent the last 7 hours with Americans, French, Swiss, Polish, Austrians, watching the results come it. Everyone was nearly overcome. Whatever about Obama's policies, for a black man (with the middle name Hussein) to be elected US President is huge.

Barrack Obama.

Osama Bin Laden.

Barrack Osama.

Sadam Bin laden.

Sadam Hussein.

Barrack Sadam Osam Bin Laden Hussein.

Now it's clear to me & it's all to much.

I will now self destruct.

oops. the counter is ****ed

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Would it not be before the whole Clinton scandel since you were a proud American?

I quite liked Bill. Met him once in a rally in NYC. Great guy and a great president. Sure he wasnt perfect but he didn'y royally fu*k up the country. The minute those ballot boxes went missing in florida I lost faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

BErlin Wall? Christ -that was even worse tha Pink Fllyod's wall.

:D

I'd like to see Palins Wall!

There's a job for her?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Barrack Obama.

Osama Bin Laden.

Barrack Osama.

Sadam Bin laden.

Sadam Hussein.

Barrack Sadam Osam Bin Laden Hussein.

Now it's clear to me & it's all to much.

I will now self destruct.

oops. the counter is ****ed

There's one "R" in Barack. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

backed up by a potential majority in the senate and the house if the dems dont sort the country out in the next 4 years they wont see any power for long time...

Yup, coming in with the economic problems could well turn out to be a major poisoned chalice.

I loved Clinton... Who cares if he is president.. A man is gonna be a man :D... That's why I didn't want Hillary to become president its all sympathy for her.. She dosn't deserve it.. She is the first lady she should have been down there.. Lewinsky shouldn't have stood a chance.

I loved Clinton... Who cares if he is president.. A man is gonna be a man :D... That's why I didn't want Hillary to become president its all sympathy for her.. She dosn't deserve it.. She is the first lady she should have been down there.. Lewinsky shouldn't have stood a chance.

Not to mention how ackward if would be for hillary if she won. Could you imagine. She'd probably replace all the oval office furniture if you get my drift...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Red Soup

My god Obama can speak. If he can act as decisive in his presidential role as his speech was convincing he'll be pretty damn good!

nycman wrote: »
    Not to mention how ackward if would be for hillary if she won. Could you imagine. She'd probably replace all the oval office furniture if you get my drift...:D

She would probably have a fella in there and look at the picture of Bill Clinton and go "Ha 2 can play at that game" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Guy's this isn't AH, try at least to keep discussion on topic.

She would probably have a fella in there and look at the picture of Bill Clinton and go "Ha 2 can play at that game" :D

I know this is terribly off point but Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Thanks for the image of marvin lewinsky in the oval office. if you get my drift so to say.

Sorry again for being off point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Congtatulations USA!

womoma wrote: »
    Congtatulations USA!

God Bless Team Amerrica..

(yes, it has 2 "r"s like BArracks)

God Bless Team Amerrica..

(yes, it has 2 "r"s like BArracks)

Banned for continuing to act the muppet after warnings.

I'm being generous to people because I appreciate how much of a moment this is for many but there is a limit to amount of silliness that I'll tolerate tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Red Soup

Wow. That's a bit harsh.

I thought the Team America comment was pretty much on topic...

Red Soup wrote: »
    Wow. That's a bit harsh.

I thought the Team America comment was pretty much on topic...

I deleted a far worse post by him on this thread 20 minutes ago. He was on very thin ice. The Team America comment alone would not have got him banned. Every post from him tonight has been simple talking crap tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nesf wrote: »
    I deleted a far worse post by him on this thread 20 minutes ago. He was on very thin ice. The Team America comment alone would not have got him banned. Every post from him tonight has been crap tbh.
    ....**** yeah.

So quick poll: Are you a bastard if you didnt cry or tear up at obamas election?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Overheal wrote: »
    ....**** yeah.

So quick poll: Are you a bastard if you didnt cry or tear up at obamas election?

Nah, it just means ya have balls.

TBH I'd say most of the tears at his rallies are from people who really don't get how government works. He's going to go in and inherit a mess, part of which was caused by the Republicans, and it's gonna be tough for him to change anything. He'll probably get some infrastructure propjects going, but they were already on the books I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

TBH I'd say most of the tears at his rallies are from people who really don't get how government works. He's going to go in and inherit a mess, part of which was caused by the Republicans, and it's gonna be tough for him to change anything. He'll probably get some infrastructure propjects going, but they were already on the books I believe.

Agreed. However, it looks like he'll have congress *mostly* on his side atm, so who knows.

I'm so sad it's over. I don't follow sports, so this is like my world cup, or olympics, except that it only comes around every 4 years.*

*i am not this dumb

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

that's my one and only beef with Barack Obama. He doesn't go far enough on Gay rights.

What do you want him to actually do for gay rights? I mean this on the practical level: There are no federal laws banning homosexuality that I know of, the bans on gay marriage are State-level issues which are not the President's purview and which are going to be addressed by the courts with respect to the Constitution, not the White House. About the only thing which I think he could do would be to revoke the don't ask, don't tell policy for the military.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 83,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Exactly!

My brother was like

"Theyre going to make a lot of new history books" referring to the epicness

to which I replied

"and Math books, Science books, and Geography books. Lord knows our education system needs a change."

It broke down into bickering :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FeliciaSophia

Obama is an inspiring human being and I am proud to have him as a leader.
    Thank you to those who are supportive of America and our new president!

Also, I missed McCain's concession speech, does anyone know if there is a video/audio/transcript of it posted online yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Obama is an inspiring human being and I am proud to have him as a leader.
    Thank you to those who are supportive of America and our new president!

Also, I missed McCain's concession speech, does anyone know if there is a video/audio/transcript of it posted online yet?

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3177867&referralPlaylistId=c985e69916535a2170b2b18ab0ab7eb60401f9bb

• Advertisement
Advertisement