Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OBAMA WINS !

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nickpr53

the best thing that's happened to america in a loooong time :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Not wanting to start a new thread, but any observations on this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEAYgm0Dv8

It's from a Finnish documentary, hence the funny language at the beginning, but I'm not entirely sure the teacher is entirely playing the neutral facilitator of discussion here.

NTM

The teacher is way out of line, no doubt about it. That said I had a teacher very much like that in Primary school so it's not unheard of over here either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

I haven't had the chance to get on since last week so I just want to say well done Barack. I didn't think the American people would actually do it but they did.

ban-llama.gifban-llama.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Whilst waiting in line for our shots, engaged in conversation with one of my troopers, who happens to be black. Not all that common in Northern Nevada.

Apparently on the day after the election, someone came up to him, offered him a hand to shake, and said "Congratulations!"

He asked "What for?"

"Obama won."

"So why are you congratulating me?"

"You're black"

"So? I voted for McCain"

"....."

NTM

Advertisement