Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Night

Options
  • 05-11-2008 6:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Well folks, its been a pleasure and joy to be posting here tonight on this forum at this great time.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, jokes and time.
    I'm off to bed now but it's been a pleasure to chat on this big night.

Night all. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Yep - boards has been a great companion to viewing the results tonight. As has my phone, which even at this hour has been buzzing with texts every so often. And my Dad, who despite his age has waited up with me to share this truly historic night!

Thanks & goodnight all!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Was a great 5 hours.

I wonder if I'll ever care this much about Irish politics. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Was a great 5 hours.

I wonder if I'll ever care this much about Irish politics. :confused:

I don't think we ever will,

thanks for all the updates everybody, fantastic night, now time for 2hrs kip, woohoo

night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

G'night folks, im glad i just woke up at his time. And a bit dissapointed boards decided to restart the server at that crucial crucial time.

Great night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,277 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

G'night folks, im glad i just woke up at his time. And a bit dissapointed boards decided to restart the server at that crucial crucial time.

Great night.
    I know Right!?

I'm going to make sure to smack cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I would like to agree with everyone above ... Posting here with fellow boardsies on this historic & memorable night shortened the countdown no end ... It was a good night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Good job team. it's been a pleasure posting and lurking here the last 12 months.

I'll be gonig to bed when they call montana, north carolina and indiana. but then it's good night to all and to all a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

I'm hitting the hay, 6.33am here in D12.

Obama looks like he might shade North Carolina and Indiana, with McCain shading Missouri and Montana.

That will give us a total of:

Obama 364
    McCain 170 (with another 3 in Alaska, that's 173)

with one missing, perhaps it's in Nebraska or Maine.

At present the popular vote goes to Obama;

Obama 52% (55.61m)
    McCain 47% (50.80m)

Right, that's me away now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Thanks to my In-laws I'm only finishing watching the coverage now. I really need sleep but they all want to go on the pi.s in a few hours.

If this keeps up I'm gonna start wishing that McCain had won.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement