Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia PC suite Uninstall Probs/BUG?

• 05-11-2008 8:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

So I had to uninstall nokia pc suite 7.something from an xp machine at work, and everything goes haywire! Than my good friend kovacz kills his vista lappy uninstalling the same pc suite using revo's uninstall program!

After much work trying to get both machines in working order again, we visit nokia.com, and we find there's now a dedicated pc suite clean up program! Apparently, it's a bad idea to uninstall the latest pc suite using anything more thorough than windows' 'add/remove'. But using 'add/remove' leaves registry keys that mess up later re-installs of the suite! So it seems you gotta use the nokia pc suite clean-up before your pc's back to normal.

I read quite a bit about mobiles/nokia/etc...how come I missed this?
    Has anyone else had probs with the latest pc suite? I also still have probs with the ca 101 cable driver - it works fine to drop files etc, but no pc I tried recognises the phone as a modem?!!!
    Anyone?

Advertisement