Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is very depressing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rovert wrote: »
    :eek:

Yeah I mean what can you say to that? It's just angry redneck rhetoric that doesn't deserve a response. One thing for sure though is that they can't be too safe, Barack needs tight security, especially in the first few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

It's appalling that comments like that are made

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah they will get over it. Come on people, they voted bush in. Twice. This time a very large majority have spoken and want new leadership. They finally got someone who can make change and will work for the people. Those eejits wouldn be spouting the same ****e about majority voting not being fair etc. Its these muppets that give america a bad name and they are the minority. The failures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Eerie parallels with Kennedy though - considerably young (for a U.S. president), a "first" from a persecuted group (Kennedy was the first catholic president), the turnout yesterday was apparently the highest since 1960 (the election Kennedy won)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Dudess wrote: »
    Eerie parallels with Kennedy though

So, who bought Chicago for Obama, who was his Joe Kennedy :D ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Ah i wouldn't worry too much about the inbreeds posting on that forum. They have the next 8 years to cool their porridge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The election of a black president will herald the end of the world. I've seen it in "Deep Impact"....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

No its ok, that only happens if they elect morgan freeman president. Around 2016 will be that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

America : The land of freedom, liberty, justice...oh and racist bigots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm not gonna read them but I've picked up a couple on this thread - very sad that a man is considered a "pig" and has death wished upon him because he's not a staunch neo-con/white/evangelical christian.

Then again, to be fair, it might just be his abortion stance that's causing a lot of those comments, rather than his ethnicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mad Finn

mumhaabu wrote: »
    And so begins the dissolution of the United States, the Confederacy and the South will rise again, California would probably have broke away had McCain won so populated with myopic liberals it is.

Ooh I love this. And all the other whinging bitter comments by the ugly, and happily defeated, side of America and their cringing, forelock tugging, greed-is-good wannabe admirers on this side of the pond.

Reminds me of a quote from a particularly corny film, Conan the Barbarian.

"What is best in life?"
    Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."

Yeah Baby!! Keep the grumbles coming!!

BTW Conan was played by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Isn't he the REPUBLICAN governor of California?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Scary stuff, Obama is not just hated by some of these people he is despised and loathed.
    Sadly a some of it appears to be very racially orientated.
    Look at the states that voted for McCain, it is kinda reminiscent of the Confederate Map.
    America does look divided with the far right moving further right thanks in part to people like Palin.

Every country (including our own) has their nutjobs, their fundamentalists, their narrow minded inbreds, but the scary thing is that in America they are often very well armed :eek:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

America : The land of freedom, liberty, justice...oh and racist bigots.

And also the land of free speech remember

Is there freedom to dislike people even when they're speaking freely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

Lol - I can see them all now eating up their mayonnaise sandwiches, combing their mullets, polishing their guns and looking for grassy knolls ......

Grassy Trolls?

Gassy Trolls?

I think someone should develop a virus to take all these unacceptable posts and unreasonable sore losers out.

Get an Ark "B" and send them somewhere.

And when did Fox ever qualify as a media channel?

:D

p.s. the kitties love their new Obama tshirts ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

More fun stuff here...

http://townhall.com/blog/g/79a4a653-6421-43ec-a3b9-0a6d056d9ee6?comments=true&commentsSortDirection=Descending

Ironically, this stuff makes me happy. Because the more I see this acrimony and bitterness, the more I can't help but think to myself, 'CRY MORE N00bs!' and it brings a smile to my face every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

SetantaL wrote: »
    The anti-christ- god these people are nut jobs.

Still though- it's Fox- what do you expect.
    There's a real FOX news bias here.Curiously I read an article on the Canadian free press website which give figures that showed that many show on fox were heavily biased in favour of Senator Obama.McCain hadn't a chance with all this Obama mania.He did brilliantly to get 47% of the vote.

You have to watch this speech at the Al Smith dinner in 2008 - hilarious.

Obama is accused by Fox News of fathering 2 African American children - within wedlock.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Memnoch wrote: »
    More fun stuff here...

http://townhall.com/blog/g/79a4a653-6421-43ec-a3b9-0a6d056d9ee6?comments=true&commentsSortDirection=Descending

Ironically, this stuff makes me happy. Because the more I see this acrimony and bitterness, the more I can't help but think to myself, 'CRY MORE N00bs!' and it brings a smile to my face every time.

There are some sensible voices in that rabble:
    I am a Republican of 34 years. The Republican Party will not recover for the next decade due to their inability to listen. If this Party does not take a more Moderate direction and view of America immediately they are toast and will lose even more seats in the next election. This right wing extremism that I have seen from southern and midwest states is scary - and yet it continues after the brutal losses of the past two elections. GIVE UP THE CHRISTIAN/RELIGIOUS MORALITY AGENDA, FAMILY VALUES DIRECTION AND GET BACK TO BASICS. Let the religious institutions lead in that area. It was always about business and thats the direction the Party should take - less government - less taxes - helping business and people be successful - let us compete in all global areas. The Republican Party no doubt will be strong in the south and midwest - unfortunately -it is not enough and will continue to lose elections. The whole east coast and west coast is on its way to Democratic dominance. I was once called a Conservative but after the Republicans began to interfere with their rhetoric and laws on how I should live my life and spend my money - that was too much to take. I am embarassed to be a Republican. WAKE UP.

This is a reminder that Republicans are not a single homogenous ideological bloc. Lets hope that level-headedness like this will prevail in the power struggle that the GOP is probably going to find itself caught up in. With any luck the neocons and radical bible thumpers will get squeezed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

cornbb wrote: »
    There are some sensible voices in that rabble:

This is a reminder that Republicans are not a single homogenous ideological bloc. Lets hope that level-headedness like this will prevail in the power struggle that the GOP is probably going to find itself caught up in. With any luck the neocons and radical bible thumpers will get squeezed out.

Sadly such voices seem to be a tiny minority right now. The GOP started a stupid class war by pandering to racists, xenophobes, and religious ideologues. Their constant 'mainstream liberal media elite,' bashing has lead to the rise of the likes of sean hannity and rush limbaugh, and the kind of base that is more enthused by someone like Palin than their presidential pick.

The hardcore fundies are too firmly entrenched still and it will take a long time in the wilderness before they wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

cornbb wrote: »

That would be the ultimate victory of this election. I liked John McCain prior to the republican convention, I would love to see more republican politicians like him. However I predict that the extreme right will still have a grip on the republican party for at least the next two election cycles. Sarah Palin is on the rise and she will have to be defeated before the party can return to the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There was a myth that only 10 % of Americans have passports.

There is a god. :D

I think the figure is closer to 30%.

But we seem to have the sensible ones over here.

Some of those forums posted by people that don't know what foreign policy is (still think there is a country called "abroad") are scary.

:confused:

To be fair, is the proportion of Irish people who have been outside the EU in the past 10 years much higher? The US is a big place.

That's what I meant - I think its now 30% or higher. Couldn't see any figures.

And Europeans tend to travel more.

Sheesh - why am I spending so much time on this lol!!! I have to feed my kitties! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Since there is only one person with the right to judge, I will leave my opinion only and let you take strong refuge within yours….(and to the person that made the ‘left-wing nut for teachers’ comment, I am a teacher and I worked to empower my students to realize the importance of really knowing who you are voting for and why)!

Barack WON because of several factors…

One: he is black and the young voter wanted to be a part of a historical, monumental event.

Two: The blame for the economy has been aimed and fired at the Republican party

Three: When America feels that one party has caused damage…they are quick to elect a new party in hopes of Change…The Democrats always swoop in and take credit for the “Restoration” of our country–it is easy to do when the Republican lays all the ground work, sweat and tears. Example: Ronald Reagan put alot of time and effort into the betterment of our country. He then warned the American people that the benefits of his plan would not be attainable for 10 to 20 years…WOW, who happened to be in office when that time arrived–Clinton, yes Clinton. He was quick to take credit for the positive actions put in place prior to his election. But, let us not forget his ignorance…I mean, the World Trade Center was bombed in 1994 and we were told that terrorism was not a threat…who are you kidding.

and finally, Four: (for all of you Christians out there) we have been warned that this day would come. Our people have elected a man that lies by omission, has made Anti-Christian remarks, Anti-white remarks…etc. He is the embodiment of the Anti-Christ and like we have been told in the Bible…the corruption and destruction of our world will happen from within. Well, good job to all you Democrats who put politics above and beyond Religion. Life as you know it has begun its journey towards the end. You may think I’m crazy and that’s fine…everyone is entitled to their opinion; however, when your freedoms and beliefs (and money) begin to dwindle…I will proudly declare that God is my one and only Leader and that we, Republicans, told you it was sure to happen.

GOD Bless America….hmm, no where in that statement have I every heard Allah Bless America!!!!!!

wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Given up reading it to be honest. The level of ignorance is unreal. I wonder if Fox News will actually look at that and go "Fuk me! These are our viewers?!"

some of the posts reminded me of this :)

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/11/3/mr-period-returns/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    wow...

Barack is a Christian so how could he have made an anti-Christian remark? All Barack said was that religion is a personal thing for him (similar thing for me) and that it should be for everybody so he would look to make a more secularised society. Which is the right thing to do.

• Advertisement

Maybe a good idea to reduce that passport level for our travelling Americans from 30% back to 10%?

Give it out based on IQ? Keep the rest over there lol......

Next thing you know the crosses and the boys in white will be getting out a lynch mob ....

Intelligence? sheesh...

Barack said himself at a dinner speech the other day that the person that gave him the middle name "Hussein" certainly never imagined he would be running for President ... he said his new name now is Barack "Steve" Obama.

This is great entertainment value :D

Advertisement