Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UKdirect.ie ??

Options
  • 05-11-2008 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Anybody use them? Seem to have some very good deals for cars shipped over from the UK...

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

don't actually seem to have any cars though, just fake ads at guessed prices on Carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

Looks like they don't actually sell cars but source them when a customer tells them what they are looking for and then they charge a fee for doing it. Are they a new company? I've been looking into importing a car from the UK for a while now and I've never heard of them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Another middle man?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Id say they are no more than a recently out of work car salesman with plenty time on his hands and enough cash for a carzone trade account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

mickdw wrote: »
    Id say they are no more than a recently out of work car salesman with plenty time on his hands and enough cash for a carzone trade account

Northside Automotive, Mano War, Balbriggan, Co Dublin
    http://www.northsideautos.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

thats a joke..they should not be allowed sell cars they don't have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 UK DIRECT LTD

Hi,

I am a Director of UK Direct and I feel it important to state the aim of our business. We have setup a business designed to help save customers money on purchasing a used car. Since the changes in the VRT in July 1st, there are thousands of euros to be saved on all types of vehicles, especially those with low CO2 emmissions.

1. All advertised prices are claculated from previously sold prices from auctions, or from a CAP valuations and include the correct VRT level and our fees.

2. All adverts clearly state that we source vehicles for customers from the UK and that they are not currently held in stock.

Last week we saved a lady over €5000 sourcing her a 2006 mini diesel for only €12,900.

I am slightly confused as to why people are posting negative thoughts on our business. We are helping lots of people save money on overpriced cars in Ireland.. That is simply it !

So If you would like to learn more about our services, please feel free to contact me directly at info@ukdirect.ie

All the best

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Hi,

I am a Director of UK Direct and I feel it important to state the aim of our business. We have setup a business designed to help save customers money on purchasing a used car. Since the changes in the VRT in July 1st, there are thousands of euros to be saved on all types of vehicles, especially those with low CO2 emmissions.

1. All advertised prices are claculated from previously sold prices from auctions, or from a CAP valuations and include the correct VRT level and our fees.

2. All adverts clearly state that we source vehicles for customers from the UK and that they are not currently held in stock.

Last week we saved a lady over €5000 sourcing her a 2006 mini diesel for only €12,900.

I am slightly confused as to why people are posting negative thoughts on our business. We are helping lots of people save money on overpriced cars in Ireland.. That is simply it !

So If you would like to learn more about our services, please feel free to contact me directly at info@ukdirect.ie

All the best

Jason

Hi Jason,

Can you explain to me what you can do that saves me money that I would not save myself by me importing and vrt'ing a car myself ?

The vrt people here don't do favours for anyone so once I give them my car make model chassis number etc they calcuate the vrt from that. Where does your service improve the price I will pay?

For example say I buy a car from a UK BMW dealer for €20k, lets say the vrt price I am given by the vrt office here is €10k, how do you reduce my payments from 30k downwards?

This is a genuine question.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I would presume they won't save you any money if you are willing to do the importing yourself, they would only save money compared to the irish price.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hammertime wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Can you explain to me what you can do that saves me money that I would not save myself by me importing and vrt'ing a car myself ?

The vrt people here don't do favours for anyone so once I give them my car make model chassis number etc they calcuate the vrt from that. Where does your service improve the price I will pay?

For example say I buy a car from a UK BMW dealer for €20k, lets say the vrt price I am given by the vrt office here is €10k, how do you reduce my payments from 30k downwards?

This is a genuine question.

Thanks.

I don't think they said they would, they are just offering the service to save people the hassle of doing it all themselves. Presumably plenty of people would pay the 1 or 2k extra over importing themselves to get someone else to do it. Which would still save thousands on Irish dealer prices.

My issue with them is that they are advertising cars on carzone and the like that they don't actually have. Shouldn't be allowed imo. There are plenty of other dealers on carzone actually importing the cars, vrting them and selling them on. However they all actually have the cars which is the key imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The two signs of the coin have been mentioned.

Make up your own minds, thread locked

@ UK Direct LTD
    If you would like to advertise on boards please contact the admins on how to do it properly, otherwise please refrain from further posts promoting your company, thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement