Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few from the weekend

Options
  • 05-11-2008 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

Had a lovely weekend in Galway and Clare.

Here's a few images.

3002703937_82b08ec237.jpg

3003540362_8d8e0b8775.jpg

3003532816_6f14c1a7f6.jpg

3002690353_b64759427f.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

wow cool, love 1 and 3 nothing bad to say at all

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Very, very nice paul...shot 3 looks farmiliar to me.
    I'v been here & shot that stone bridge.

Love the second one, so peacefull & secluded... excellent.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Wow, beautiful shots there Paulw. I love the storm clouds in the last one, it looks like its about to p*ss, hope you didn't get wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Nice shots there, Paul.
    Good mix of rustic browns, greens & blues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I havent got a clue about photography but I would hang one or two of those on my wall.
    Bravo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Lovely shots Paul! Looks like it was a great weekend all round, nice work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Very nice Paul, 2 and 4 do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭phog

1 & 3 for me, though you wouldn't get me to cross that bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

sweeeeet

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

The second one looks like a postcard shot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Mm they're gorgeous. I'm glad you got some nice weather for shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

cliffs of Moher is a great place for pics

well done paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

some cool shots indeed and your hotel was only 2 mins from my door - tut tut tut tut tut!!!! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, had some wonderful shots that I'm really happy with. Some will be printed up and will decorate my apt.

It was a brilliant weekend, and even managed to get engaged. So, I've no complaints about that weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Lovely photos and congrats Paul!!

Good man, Paul!
    Don't forget your boards pals, when you put the photography contract out to tender! :D

City-Exile wrote: »
    Don't forget your boards pals, when you put the photography contract out to tender! :D

Already done. For anyone who does weddings, if I didn't contact you about being the photographer, it might be because you're a potential on the guest list instead. :D

I've already contacted a photographer (or two) from boards, with regards to being the official wedding photographer. Other than that, I'm considering putting together a contract for any "guest photographers", giving me rights to use their images (for print), while they retain full copyright. :rolleyes: I'm sure there will be loads of cameras at the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Paulw wrote: »
    It was a brilliant weekend, and even managed to get engaged. So, I've no complaints about that weekend. :D

Congratulations Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Congrats Paul.

Paulw wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be loads of cameras at the wedding.

Will be interesting to see what gear people are sporting, by the time you actually get married. 25MP P&S models and 10MP Mobile Phones. :D

• Advertisement

City-Exile wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what gear people are sporting, by the time you actually get married. 25MP P&S models and 10MP Mobile Phones. :D

Thanks folks.

Never mind what everyone else has, I'll have my gear too (ready in preparation for the honeymoon, of course). :D Many of my friends (outside of boards) would also have decent cameras (not all P&S), so there should be a good array of cameras and lenses.

The hardest choice (for me anyway), will be the wedding photographer. I've done some research, spoken to a few people about their weddings, and the more I see, the harder it seems to be to get a good photographer. I want someone who can do a good job, at a decent price (not cheap but not paying through the nose), who can produce quality images and also who can deal with me.

Why anyone would look outside of the wonderful photographers on this site gets me. There's a wealth of great photographers here, who do weddings and events. If I'm ever asked who I'd recommend (and I've been asked by a few friends and associates), I'd always recommend 3-4 people from here as a starting point. After that, they can check with their local pro, or any choice from the wedding magazines.

Anyway, plenty of time for planning. It's likely to be early 2010 when the wedding is.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

CONGRATULTIONS on the engagement,some lovely shots there paul

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

You kept that one quiet last Saturday :P Have a good un this weeekend and I'll see you for the Argentina match or Poland if you're back for that.

Advertisement