Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOBO Upgeade Problem

Options
  • 05-11-2008 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi all, I'm a little confused.

Basically, upgrading an Intel D925XCV board to a new MSI (P7N SLI) Platinum board. And I've encountered a few power issues.

First off, all parts/components are working in this PC. I switched over the board, and I can't get any power to it. Sure enough, the mainboard light is coming on, but when i press the ON switch, it powers for a split second (just a fan spin really...) and then powers off.

I tried the above with all peripherals connected, so then I stripped it to the bare, and tried again, still no luck. I think I may have connector issues, IE> On the Inel board, there is a 24pin main connection, a 4pin CPU power connection AND a milex connection onboard, which i haven't really seen before.

The new board has a 24pin main connection also, but it has an 8pin CPU power connection and NO onboard molex.

I'm thinking its got to do with this 8pin CPU power connection, just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem...

By the by, the mainboard PSU connection is a 20pin, which the manual assures me will work with this board.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Hi,yes it is the 8pin thats causing your problem.this is needed to power the cpu.
    Did you get a "molex to 8pin" adapter with the board as that will sort it?

Advertisement