Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2005 BMW 320d SE

Options
  • 05-11-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

I'm looking round for a 320d for a while and have found the following one on UK plates.

2005 (Post Sep 05) 320d SE Saloon
    6 speed Manual
    65,500miles
    1 owner
    Full BMW service history:
    08/06 @ 21000 miles
    05/2007 @ 36000 miles
    10/2007 @ 46500 miles
    Green with beige heated electric leather seats (non sport).
    iDrive sat nav
    As well as usuall SE spec.
    cruise
    parking sensors
    cd changer

The garage its in is looking for about £10,300 for it (about €12,700).

Is this a good price for this car ... and does anyone have any comments about the 320d model itsself?

Is it a good time to buy from the UK or should i hold off.

Cheers,
    Opti
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Looks like a good spec and good price, if it passes a full AA inspection it would seem good deal on a great car. Now is a good time to buy from the UK, you could wait until the new year when the price may drop a bit more, but it would be gone by then. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The E90 320d is a great car. I'd sooner sports seats though, I found the standard ones quite uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bonham23

The only issue may be the resale value of a green car. They generally go for less than more desireable colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

bonham23 wrote: »
    The only issue may be the resale value of a green car. They generally go for less than more desireable colours

Generally true, but a beige leather interior would help to compensate for that, its a good combination. Green was fashionable in the late 90's. There is no reason to think it may not be flavour of the month again, if people are buying white cars then anything is possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bonham23

You make a good point stevie but there is no escaping the fact that the price of the car probably reflects the colour. The op should bear this in mind.
    Most people would sooner have a black or silver car over a green one . Granted it has an idrive but there is no shortage of these cars on the second hand market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've been keeping an eye on these recently as it is on my list, that seems to be a good price for a car of that spec and mileage. Just becareful of the extras as you may have to pay extra VRT on them. The VRO now check the chassis number with Roslare with regards what factory extras were fitted to the car.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bazz26 wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye on these recently as it is on my list, that seems to be a good price for a car of that spec and mileage. Just becareful of the extras as you may have to pay extra VRT on them. The VRO now check the chassis number with Roslare with regards what factory extras were fitted to the car.

on a 2005 car, the extras should not be considered anymore.
    iirc i heard that after 3 years the vrt dont take account of the extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Extras don't count towards VRT after 4 years, they devalue as follows:

car < 1 year old: additional VRT calculated on full retail price of extras.
    1 to 2 years old: additional VRT calculated on 75% of retail price of extras
    2 to 3 years old: additional VRT calculated on 50% of retail price of extras
    3 to 4 years old: additional VRT calculated on 25% of retail price of extras
    > 4 years old: No additional VRT charged on extras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

kceire wrote: »
    on a 2005 car, the extras should not be considered anymore.
    iirc i heard that after 3 years the vrt dont take account of the extras.

I'd say they will be, given the recent comments by the SIMI about people taking advantage of this thing called "competition":(!

I second the E90 320d as a great car btw, though I'd prefer my E90 with one of those silky smooth 6 pot petrols.

As for colour, if it's the dark green we're on about well I think it suit BMWs extremely well(particularly with the chrome window surrounds and kidney grille slats found on the 6 cylinder models), so I think it's a great choice. Once you have metallic paint that's all that matters really for resale IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I like the green (Deep Green) but i have to say the SE wheels will have to be changed out when i can afford them.... Think i'm going to book an expection tomorrow.

Now another question:

Bringing it into Ireland... I know i need the V5 and go to the local VRT office etc but what i want to know is about insurance. What do i do here in order to be insured in the UK to drive it back? Dealer is also giving a 3 month warranty.

• Advertisement

Just call your insurer, they'll do it over the phone. Are you buying from a BMW dealership? If so, be sure to have them include the most recent Irish mapping disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

sorry to hijack the thread!

I see all these E numbers being mentioned when talking about BMW's and also on the ROS VRT site.. what are they exactly?

Thanks,
    mada

They're model numbers, ie the current 3 series saloon is the E90, the previous one was the E46 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mada999 wrote: »
    sorry to hijack the thread!

I see all these E numbers being mentioned when talking about BMW's and also on the ROS VRT site.. what are they exactly?

Thanks,
    mada

E36 - 1991 to 1998 3 Series:
    no-image-large.gif

E46 - 1998 to 2005 3 Series:
    no-image-large.gif

E90 - 2005 to present 3 Series saloon and estate:
    no-image-large.gif

E92 - 2006 to present 3 Series coupe:
    no-image-large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

Thanks for that!! Really appreciate it!