Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here goes....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Thanks a million RubyK. Unfortunately a stupid volcano has delayed our travels. Our flight has been cancelled but luckily we have been rebooked for Saturday. Just had a little cry:( but Im sure it will be fine.Fingers crossed they open the airports tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Bally8 wrote: »
    Thanks a million RubyK. Unfortunately a stupid volcano has delayed our travels. Our flight has been cancelled but luckily we have been rebooked for Saturday. Just had a little cry:( but Im sure it will be fine.Fingers crossed they open the airports tomorrow.

:(:( Hope it works out ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Nooooo! frickin' volcano. My SIL was supposed to go to Madrid today with her hubby to see his Mam in hospital - they're rebooked for tomorrow morning, fingers crossed everyone gets out asap. Hope it all gets sorted for you and you're on your way on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭earnyourturns

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Hope it all works out :( I mean :)

Hey Bally8 hope your head isn't completely melted with this volcano thing. Um, I hear going for a run is sometimes good for stress relief...

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. Still stuck here unfortunately. Have been eating all round for the last few days- comfort eating I suppose. Will get out for a run tomorrow, I really need to ease some of this stress!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Jebas, it must be so frustrating for you all Bally8! I was thinking about you on Saturday morning, when I heard the restrictions were ongoing my heart sank for you (I'm not a wierdo, I promise!).

Hope you are ok ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Aw that royally sucks. I really hope you get out tomorrow, keeping everything crossed it goes well.

Ah no :( Is there a plan B or will you still go to Vegas when the dust settles (so to speak).

RubyK wrote: »
    ! I was thinking about you on Saturday morning, when I heard the restrictions were ongoing my heart sank for you (I'm not a wierdo, I promise!).

;)

Ha ha thanks Rubyk I lolled at this. I really appreciate everyones concern. I love the A/R/T forum!!

• Advertisement

littlebug wrote: »
    Ah no :( Is there a plan B or will you still go to Vegas when the dust settles (so to speak).

Plan B has swung into action today littlebug once we knew for sure our flights were cancelled we got to meet the registrar in Nenagh who agreed to marry us on the 30th which is the date we already have a party arranged to celebrate the wedding! Its great because we really didnt want to have to cancel that aswell and try reschedule 200 people. We got a court appointment for next Tuesday and hopefully the judge will allow us the exemption from the 3 month waiting rule and we will be good to go. Not the wedding we had ever imagined but still a wedding and we will make the most of it. The important thing is we get married (and I get my name on the deeds of his house:eek:) Joke!!!

And finally some running to report on...

4.33 miles in 43 minutes. Not fast I know but this is a good time improvement for me. Recently all my runs have been of the lsr type where I have been just plodding along happy to rack up some miles not too worried about time. Today I decided I was sick of that and needed to start improving my pace. I ran for 15 mins walked for 1 ran 15etc. Getting sick of walking so I am going to phase that out. I know I can go much faster than this but today I was just happy to get out there and pick up the pace a little.

A few other things...
    1. Running is great for stress, I should have been out there running from the very first day of all this wedding mess
    2. Shorts are cool- I ran in shorts instead of capris for the first time ever today. I felt so free:) and much more like a real runner.
    3. Body glide is also cool- no thigh chaffing in my shorts.

Hey Bally8 glad that you're feeling ok about everything. It's great you have a back-up plan!

Nice run there too :D

Thursday 22nd April
    4.06 miles with my OH. Beautiful day, lovely company, nice relaxing run/walk. My garmin died 10 minutes from home but I think it took us 53ish minutes. Mr.Bally8 is still only starting with running so we took it very slow 3minutes running/2 mins walking. Had a pain in my right shin for a while and in my knee and quad of the same leg. I've been getting these weird little pains in that leg since I changed runners. Not sure if its the runners or my imagination. Hopefully its not the runners, just a reaction to the little step up in running activity.

Then later... 4.34 miles in 43:23. While my OH was at soccer training and my daughter at camogie I decided to go back out for a second run on my own. Pushed myself a little, thought I was faster than the watch actually showed. Felt really cool to go back out for a second run in a day, I've never done that before. No pain anywhere along my right leg which was a great relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Good news....all the best Bally8!

Friday 23rd April
    Another nice 4mile run/walk with my OH. We took a very hilly route, once or twice my body seemed to be begging me to stop going, I actually wanted to just sit down by the side of the road. But I couldnt let my OH see Im not the amazing runner-type woman he thinks I am, so I plodded on.

Pain back in my quad area, very very sore now when I go from a sitting to standing position. Will ice it later I think and take tomorrow off from running. Have a hair trial for the wedding so that will keep me busy.

Sunday 25th April
    Watched the London Marathon this morning with a lump in my throat, remembering Dublin last October and how great it felt to finish. Cant wait to start training in June.

Went out in rain with more enthusiasm than energy aiming for 10/12 miles but after a few miles of rain sloshing round my toe boxes I didnt have the heart or legs for more so headed home. 7.2 miles in total, very very slow. Garmin went beserk from the rain so data was a bit messed up- says my fastest pace was 0.89min mile:eek:

What a week its been- I was supposed to be in Vegas getting married instead I was at home frantically trying to organise a wedding in 10days and running the most milage per week this year. I really think the running helped me through what has been one of the most stressful, disappointing times of my life and I sit here tonight happy and excited again.

Summary
    Total this week: 24 miles
    Total this month: 54.53 miles
    Total this year: 236.87 miles

Tuesday 27th April
    4.34 miles in the rain and wind, total battle against the elements, great fun. Slow going 45.19.

No more running for me this week, wedding is going ahead on Friday. We got the ok in court this morning so its full steam ahead trying to organise everything in 2 days. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Best of luck with the wedding. I'm sure you'll get it sorted in time. It'll be memorable at least!! :)

Good luck Bally8! Put some pictures up for please after the big day :D And fair play for you keeping on running through all this nightmare stuff!

• Advertisement

Best wishes for your big today today Bally8 - hope you have a fantastic time, God knows you both deserve to ;)

Happy Wedding Day Bally8 and Mr Bally8:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

+1

Its the things that don't go to plan that make it a memorable day. Don't sweat the small stuff. (It's all small stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Bally8. Hope ye have a lovely day and all the best in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Hey bally8, congratulations, woohoo, i don't want to hear any stories of silly dancing now, you still gotta save those legs for running, hope you are having a ball

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone it was such a brilliant day. Everything went so well. We are just back from a 1 day honeymoon in Galway. Will post more tomorrow. Im married - eek!!

Friday 7th May
    Finally back running today. Went back to work on Tuesday so life is returning to normal after all the craziness over Vegas and the wedding. 9.18 miles in 1:37:09. Happy with it, I went out trying to do a PMP run of 10.30min/miles and did 10.35 so not too bad really. Im trying to run at a steady pace not my usual wild fluctuations from snail pace to almost spriniting. I think my walk breaks arent helping on that front so I'm going to try stop them soon enough.

Im attaching some wedding photos for anyone interested
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50000740@N08/sets/72157624012335848/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Your dress is gorgeous :D Congratulations again!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dublinrunner

Been reading your log, couldnt believe it about your wedding, you've dealt with the stress so well and it looks like you turned what could have been a bad situation into an amazing wedding! You will have great memories of the day and the journey to get there! Plus, its a great story to tell in a few yrs time!
    Well done on the running, and congrats again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Congrats Bally8. You look stunning. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Advertisement