Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama : off to get his rescue pup.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

I've just caught the last few seconds of the news, something about having to get a hypo anajelic (cant spell) dog. ?

Anyone catch it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

There's a story here
    One of the pet's mandates, besides being a rescue dog from a shelter, is to be hypoallergenic, the Obamas have said. These provisos could point, according to one expert, to the selection of a Bichon Frisé – or a poodle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

yes, in in speech he said one of his daughters is allergic, so the dog will need to be a hypoallergenic breed.

However, they really want to rescue a pup... they're just not sure if they'll be able to with his daughter's allergy requirements. He said that the are going to try to reconcile the two requirements.

It's good Obama said it in his speech, as I'm sure that shelter's hearing that will be looking for a dog to match the criteria. I can see many shelters wanting one of their dogs to have a cushy new home in the White House :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Thanks Beth, glad to see the Grey hounds are as well that should open more doors for them to be re-homed, they have just passed a law in Massachusette's to stop grey hound racing and phase it out by 2010.

Since the election started and they were aware of Obama, loads of laws including factory farming has been voted out in some states even if Obama did nothing at this stage the influance is there for Americans to start to change their laws.

Can't wait to see what they get hope it's a grey hound. :D

Advertisement