Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon FS10 Camcorder

• 05-11-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all... I am looking for some opinions from any of you who might have experience in using a Canon Camcorder (model: FS10). I am about to purchase my 1st camcorder, and a lot of reviews on the web seem to favour this one. I dont want to spend a fortune and I'm looking for something that is handy to bring around. This model is compact and the use of the flash memory sounds good to me, no carring around a lot of extras wherever I'm going etc....

Anyway, if any of you would like to express an opinion on this I'd be delighted with the info. Would you even have any alternative recommendations that might be worth a look at? I'm not looking to spend more than €400 or so.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I got the Canon HV30 last week. Absolutely blown away by it. I've attached a video of some test shots with the camera and a 35mm adapter. Probably out of your price range at 800e but worth saving for if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

sweet. which 35mm adapter were you using? been looking into getting one myself for my hv20, but with the like of the letus out of my price range might go for a homemade one.

I take it the vignetting is from the adapter rather than a post effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

it's a twoneil homemade static adapter. Vignetting was a bit strong because i hadn't it lined up perfectly and the light was lower than you'd think.
    Got it on the Hv20.com forum second hand with an f1.4 lens for $150.. Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jamie_jj69

m83, thanks for the info on that, i watched your clip, and think its amazing. I briefly looked up the hv30 and noticed it uses tape (or mini dv), is this correct? anyway, you guys would know a lot more about camcorders than i would, but i was looking into going down the Flash memory route. I know the quality wont be top notch because everything is compressed and all that, but i was looking for something hassle free and easy to upload to a pc. you lot will probably warn me against it, but being new to all this, i'm not sure i'd see any differences in quality.

anyway, what i'm looking out for is something with an external mic input, good manual white balance, optical stabilisation, decent internal flash memory.

is there anything else i should look for? or anything else i should beware of?

thanks again. its appreciated.

Advertisement