Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Night every Wednesday in the Hard Rock Café!!

Options
  • 05-11-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Activision Publishing Ireland and the Hard Rock Cafe in Temple Bar have joined together to raise money for charity every Wednesday!

At the moment it's €1 per play or more if your feeling generous-it all goes to charity! It has been running for a few weeks now and has so far raised money for Pinktober-last month was renamed in honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

If a tournament gets going there are spot prizes to be won!

Show off your skills and possibly win an Activision Guitar Hero prize! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

What is it? a restaurant with a section cut off for GH gaming? Isn't that kinda loud and in everyone else's way? Is it a separate room?

When you say Wednesday... What hours is it available from? When you say "night", can you elaborate?

What version of Guitar Hero is it, and what type of Guitars do they have? (GH3 & les paul guitars assumed)

Will it have Guitar Hero: World Tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 poolac

Cully wrote: »
    What is it? a restaurant with a section cut off for GH gaming? Isn't that kinda loud and in everyone else's way? Is it a separate room?

When you say Wednesday... What hours is it available from? When you say "night", can you elaborate?

What version of Guitar Hero is it, and what type of Guitars do they have? (GH3 & les paul guitars assumed)

Will it have Guitar Hero: World Tour?

yeah! check out http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe.aspx?LocationID=392&MIBEnumID=3

great food, cocktails and for now, GH3!!

it's set up downstairs at the back (to the left when you go down the stairs)

it starts at 7, depending on the crowd waiting. when it builds up in popularity it will be more structured but for the moment generally 7-9pm is for anyone to drop a euro in the charity collection box and play solo or against another person. if a tournament is on, it will start at 9pm after the 7-9 random player slot. winner stays on until knocked out or wins.

it'll either be played on a wii or PS3 console, so the guitars may vary!

activision will be sending over the World Tour set ASAP!

the nights are still finding their feet so please contact them on: +353 1 671 7777 next wednesday to make sure it's running as i've said here!

it's definitly on tonight, it'd do no harm to give the staff there a call if you're going with a large group so they can help you out!

Interested... even though I'm more of a rock band fan ;)

I'd be more interested in trying to get a crowd of my friends over.. We all play a lot of rhythm games.. Actually, most were playing rhythm games 5+ years before Guitar Hero even got invented..

Anyway.. as per usual, I have more questions (sorry about that).

1. When you say "winner stays on", does that mean they need to keep paying the €1 per song or free until they get knocked out? Or is that only the Competition?

2. What kind of screens and sound to you have? Last time I was in that area was ages ago and there was an open mic night. There were various screen sizes and I think there was a projector.

3. Could we order food upstairs and bring it down, or is it purely bar only stuff? (drinks + crisps).

4. Can you please update here when World Tour gets there? This would probably see a big influx of people to there... Especially as it's more group orientated... (eg.. suits that environment more).

I won't be able to make it tonight, but I'm definitely interested. Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I had actually gotten wind of this while i was on the plane to Whitby on Friday. My only question is what levels are being played on? I'm still trying to master hard, and would be an absolute flop on Expert!

But yeah, i'll definitely be popping in there over the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Do you have to be over 18 for this? If not I'll be there for sure.

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    My only question is what levels are being played on? I'm still trying to master hard, and would be an absolute flop on Expert!

Does GH force both people to play on the same level in battle mode? Damn.. from memory I think it does :/

In RB1 and RB2, I like the way anyone can play on any level... I regularly have meetups with my "expert-playing" friends, and my "easy-playing" friends. I like how both meetups are awesome and the level doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure Guitar Hero: World Tour is the same and lets each player choose their level.

Can anyone confirm on the Guitar Hero? I can pass maybe half of gh3 on expert, but the latter tiers are nasty. I'd actually feel uncomfortable being forced into playing a harder level or easier level than I'm comfortable on.

you can choose your own levels!

i will let y'all knwo when GH:WT lands!!

now to answer cully's Q's!:
    1. When you say "winner stays on", does that mean they need to keep paying the €1 per song or free until they get knocked out? Or is that only the Competition?
    A: no, the competition is different, you pay a euro to play and then stay on without having to pay again if you win!
    2. What kind of screens and sound to you have? Last time I was in that area was ages ago and there was an open mic night. There were various screen sizes and I think there was a projector.
    A: Atthe moment, it's a large plasa screen with surround sound. The dining area next to it isn't blasted out of it with the music but there's great sound when you're in theplaying area!
    3. Could we order food upstairs and bring it down, or is it purely bar only stuff? (drinks + crisps).
    A: you're best off ringing the venue about that, i'm not sure about getting served where the GH players are. They're very sound staff and i'm sure will accommodate you as much as possible!
    4. Can you please update here when World Tour gets there? This would probably see a big influx of people to there... Especially as it's more group orientated... (eg.. suits that environment more).
    A: I will of course-I'll be the first one in there to play the drums!
    I won't be able to make it tonight, but I'm definitely interested. Thanks for the info :)Yay! i hope so, it's great craic!!

Cully wrote: »
    Does GH force both people to play on the same level in battle mode? Damn.. from memory I think it does :/

In RB1 and RB2, I like the way anyone can play on any level... I regularly have meetups with my "expert-playing" friends, and my "easy-playing" friends. I like how both meetups are awesome and the level doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure Guitar Hero: World Tour is the same and lets each player choose their level.

Can anyone confirm on the Guitar Hero? I can pass maybe half of gh3 on expert, but the latter tiers are nasty. I'd actually feel uncomfortable being forced into playing a harder level or easier level than I'm comfortable on.

In gh3 you must be on the same level for pro-face off (where the person with highest score wins) but in battle mode (the one where you use attacks on the other player) you can be on any difficulty.

In gh:aerosmith you can play any multiplayer mode with both players on a different difficulty,but the person on the higher difficulty usually wins if they hit around the same percentage of notes as the other(i.e. if two players a playing on diffierent levels and they both score 100%,the guy on the higher difficulty will win)

Do you have to be over 18 for this? If not I'll be there for sure.

i'm not sure -phone them to check!: +353 1 671 7777

poolac wrote: »
    i'm not sure -phone them to check!: +353 1 671 7777

Just phoned them... very helpful.

ANY age can go...but obviously you can't get alcohol if under 18. (not an issue for me cos I'm 31)

Also.. It is possible to get food from upstairs and bring it down, but they most likely won't have anyone serving downstairs, so you'll have to go up and order, then bring it down when ready. You can "ask" the manager before you go in and they may be able to arrange something.

I have a feeling I'll be the only one interested in getting a full meal there.. heh.

• Advertisement

Yeah I phoned and it's all ages,woo.

Not sure uf it would be worth going tonight though?

Yeah I phoned and it's all ages,woo.

Not sure uf it would be worth going tonight though?

round up a few mates and go in, sure what else will you be doing on a wednesday? :D

round up a few mates and go in, sure what else will you be doing on a wednesday? :D

None of my friends would be interested in this kind of thing,I'll be there next week though.

None of my friends would be interested in this kind of thing,I'll be there next week though.

cool, fair play to ya! i think the boards.ie heads should all go together!

It'd be worth going anytime if you had some friends to go with.

Wednesday is the day that new Rock Band 2 content is available (tues night in US) :rolleyes:

Also.. isn't Wednesday the day that students get their grants? if so.. doesn't that mean it's drinking night?
    cool, fair play to ya! i think the boards.ie heads should all go together!

boards.ie people or random strangers... would be the same thing to me tbh.... I don't know anyone on here IRL.

but that's a good thing I think... meeting new friends that have an interest in playing plastic fake guitars?

Anyone else going tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Sounds like fun! It would be something different to do anyway! Thanks for info!

Apparently its been called off :(

Advertisement