Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Laguna won't start

Options
  • 05-11-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I am sooo p!ssed off at the moment. My husbands 1994 Renault won't start. We only bought it 2 months ago and we have been having trouble starting it since. When you use the key a lot it eventually wont work. The engine sounds like it's starting but then dies. You have to leave it for a few hour and then start it. Anyone any suggestions? It cost us 950 and will prob cost 500 to get a new key. Is it worth it??

Edit: The place that sold it to me told me they will give me a second hand ecu kit(?) and they will charge me as it was not under warranty but wont be as expensive as a coding in a new key?? any thoughts....advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

foxy06 wrote: »
    I am sooo p!ssed off at the moment. My husbands 1994 Renault won't start. We only bought it 2 months ago and we have been having trouble starting it since. When you use the key a lot it eventually wont work.

Doubt if thats the reason TBH ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I know it sounds ridiculous but if you open and close the car too much it eventually wont start with the key and the car wont open when you press the button on the key. I thought it might be the battery but if you leave it for an hour or so it will work.

Can anyone tell me what an ecu kit is?

Advertisement