Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Thread On After Hours

• 05-11-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Here

I dont post on AH because I tend to just get dragged into pointless arguments with idiots but thought id just highlight this thread thats running at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I swear to god, if that thread gets moved here I will hunt down and kill everyone who posts/posted on it, as well as the AH mods and their families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Popcorn anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

It is just that typical retarded argument we hear over and over again. To be honest both sides are being pretty ignorant. WHO GIVES A **** WHAT SPORTS PEOPLE DO OR DONT LIKE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

This thread wouldn't have happened if Munster fans had just accepted they're all wánkers. :rolleyes:

Seriously, what is with this petty provincial shíte? It's making the rivalry boring. :/

Anyway, hope it gets moved in here and locked, fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Amz wrote: »
    I swear to god, if that thread gets moved here I will hunt down and kill everyone who posts/posted on it, as well as the AH mods and their families.
    QFT. In fact, i'll race yeh if it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

I always thought the Mods here where OTT but its a mad house over there the animals are running the zoo.

Sadly I think the Munster/Leinster rivalry means that this place has to be run with an iron fist.

Hmm how do I come across vindicated through the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sadly I think the Munster/Leinster rivalry means that this place has to be run with an iron fist.

2nd that nearly every Irish thread turns into a bashing mess and thus iv seen alot of good posters move elsewhere because of it.

Hmm how do I come across vindicated through the internet?

/vindicated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The Munster/Leinster thing is a joke. At least it's not as bad as Man Utd/Liverpool shoite on the soccer board.

Surely you mods must have some sway in being able to convince others to lock it. :p

Might end up posters from here getting involved and continuing it on over there if there's going to be a zero tolerance for Munster/Leinster crap then it should be throughout boards when rugby is mentioned to keep things consistent

Well, y'see if we raise the issue as being a rugby one, they're more likely to move it here and NOBODY wants that.

Maybe Trojan could lock it given his super SMod powers. If one of ye want to PM him with a link to it or something :)

Well, y'see if we raise the issue as being a rugby one, they're more likely to move it here and NOBODY wants that.

Maybe Trojan could lock it given his super SMod powers. If one of ye want to PM him with a link to it or something :)

Isnt that your job as a mod :P Have to do everything yourself in this place if you want things to get done lol

Well the first three posts on that thread are the only thing I've read on After Hours for a few years, so I'd feel a little hypocritical if I were to take issue with it like that.

It's all about the paper trail :pac:

It ll all lead back here with scrapped knee's and tears in people's eyes.

All part of the fun.

Well, of all the mods with the power to lock that thred Trojan is probably the most sympathetic to "the cause".

(Sorry Trojan :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

In fairness, the tw@t that posted that rant seems to have got a poor reception on AH. The majority seem to find the whole thing sh1t stirring bullsh1t. He obviously couldn't back up anything with any evidence or anecdotes, so he posted on a forum that has nothing to do with rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Other thread is dull. On a bright cheery note, picked up my terrace tickets for saturday evening. Hope it doesn't rain.....much

• Advertisement

Jesus some of the stuff in that thread is dire Ruggie would have a field day if it was in this forum :p

At least we know who the masochists in this forum are now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'd like it to be moved.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

What intrests me about that thread is all the people who still bang on about people who play rugby in Dublin and more specifically in schools are ****. It cut me deep, I think I'll steer clear of AH for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

If I make a copy of that thread and move it here...do I still get hunted and killed? It's technically not "that thread."

Karoma wrote: »
    If I make a copy of that thread and move it here...do I still get hunted and killed? It's technically not "that thread."
    Why? Was I unclear in my promise to kill, should that thread (in any form) end up here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

I recommend hand to hand combat between "rugby heads" and their detractors to sort all this out.

Why? Was I unclear in my promise to kill, should that thread (in any form) end up here?
    Boards CMod Battledeath Arena

That **** would sell.

I reckon I could take him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Nothing to do with rugby. Just a bunch of geeks who have found something to argue about and waste bags of time in front of a monitor.
    Sad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

This thread wouldn't have happened if Munster fans had just accepted they're all wánkers. :rolleyes:

Seriously, what is with this petty provincial shíte? It's making the rivalry boring. :/

Anyway, hope it gets moved in here and locked, fast.

surprised this was let slide..

Junior wrote: »
    report.gif

Junior wrote: »

Sarcasm, dorling. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It's not "that thread", it's a copy of that thread.

Karoma, Amz scares me. I think she could take you....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

What i'd like to know is where yah get a pair of footie boots shaped like the stilleto ?? I could have done with them last weekend!!

You mean these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

You mean these?

Imagine trying to slow down the ball with the opposing scrumhalf having them on ? . Ouch ! .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 runny babbit

Aren"t they Gavin henson"s boots..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

My favourite part was how quickly Leinster got dragged into it...

"Yeah well.........at least we're not Leinster - Elitest D4 snobs...Oh look - a ladeez rugby boot! That one was for the people"

yeah yeah yeah, play us another tune :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Whatfor

Any tips on getting to Edinburgh for the Heiniken cup final on Friday 22nd May.
    Tried lots very expensive

Yeah, buy a blue membership with the Leinster supporters club. They will be chartering a flight over and you'll be able to purchase a seat through that. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Whatfor

Thanks I'l check it out

:o Ah I was kind of only messing.

If you can get the time off work, you can fly out on the wednesday and come back on the tuesday (6 nights - HEC session!!) for a total of €75 with Aerlingus, normal flights on the Friday and back on the Sunday with Ryanair are €339 - The €264 difference would pay for your B&B accomodation over there so for the price of the Ryanair flights you would get flights and 6 nights accomodation. Not too shabby!!

You could try the ferry to hollyhead and train, but to be honest I dont think it matters what you do, it'll be pricey, so might as well look for the best value out of the money you'll have to pay, like above. (with Aerlingus if you try and come on Friday and leave on Sunday it's more expensive again - madness)

Advertisement