Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left Full

Options
  • 05-11-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what you all thought of the current rumours of ins and outs of left fulls within the club. We have apparently been linked with Bridge from the Bridge whom I quite like. I know Harry was after him before while at Pompey and he'd be a good signing.
    But while reading these stories, Bale has been linked with a move out. While Im sure we all agree he has great potential, he has yet to set the world on fire since he signed(yes I know he got a bad injury). Dont get me wrong, Im against selling him, because he could well be a star in the making, but Im just wondering what your different opinions are on the situation.

I personally would keep Bale at all costs, but signing Bridge would certainly be strengthen us in a position we have struggled in for a quite a while !!

P.S. I dont rate BAE,although he has done ok in recent games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I dont rate BAE either,if we could sign bridge it would be a good deal for us, an english player with premier league experience.i cant see Bale going any where for a while yet either.signing players with premier league experience is the way we needto go for now to get us out of the rut...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Dont rate BAE either he wont do at left full,lets hope Bale can get more confidence and improve for the rest of the season,as far as signing Bridge i would say why not an international player with premier league medals.By the way i thought Edman was the best left full we have had in the last 5 or 6 years,never understood why he was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agree about BAE, he's too much of a liability. He's decent going forward but doesn't have the positional sense or awareness required for the team. I still think Bale will be class and is just suffering from a lack of confidence like quite a few in the team. He's still very young and I reckon later in the season we'll start to see the form we saw before he was injured in Jol's last season.

Having said that, I'd have no qualms about Bale moving to left wing and Bridge being brought in to play left back as I rate him above that total tosspot Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

SuprSi wrote: »
    Agree about BAE, he's too much of a liability. He's decent going forward but doesn't have the positional sense or awareness required for the team. I still think Bale will be class and is just suffering from a lack of confidence like quite a few in the team. He's still very young and I reckon later in the season we'll start to see the form we saw before he was injured in Jol's last season.

Having said that, I'd have no qualms about Bale moving to left wing and Bridge being brought in to play left back as I rate him above that total tosspot Cole.

I would love to see Bridge, I think he is more of an out and out defender, but also has pace and can cross - Bale has pace and can cross, but still needs time to develop his defending. BAE is not much of a defender, and is OK going forward, but not a great crosser.

Verdict, I would love to get Bridge, keep Bale and let BAE go;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think we'd do very well with Bridge, That would leave us with Hutton on the other side.

BAE can go Cant really hack the quailty we need. I would be sorry to see Bale go but He's somewhat Surplus to requirements if we could sign Bridge We could sign a Better player for his position in midfield. and I don't think he would be happy as cover and would just be a waste.

Knowing Arry he has some major scheming on his mind He prob doesn't know himself actually having a budget to but players with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement