Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox transfer cable

• 05-11-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Well lads, I was just wondering does anyone in my area on here have one of these cables? Im going to be buying an elite today or tomorrow and want to transfer all the data from the 20gb I have now to the new one! Just I dont want to have to wait for MS to send me one if I could just get a loan of one somewhere near me?

I meant to go into gamestop last week and put a deposit on one and get the serial number but ive been too busy working to do anything, so if anyone could help me it would be great if not, ill just wait for one :P

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

You could always ask the staff in Gamestop to do the transfer for you. They did do this when trading up from a 20gb Premium to Elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Gamestop have done transfers before, but if you have no luck with that I have one that you could borrow (and post back to me when you're done?). I ordered it from MS (it's free) when I traded up to an Elite and it only took about 3 weeks. I had a spare 360 HD that I traded in with my Premium so I didn't mind waiting.
    Don't live anywhere near Waterford though so it'd have to be through post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Does a 120 gig HD come with a data transfer kit does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah they still come with the 120s thats how I got mine. Also you can get one for free from MS when you ring up and give them an Elite serial number.

You could also just set up your new Elite, recover your existing gamercard from Live, takes a while to download. You still have everything except games saves which you can transfare with a memory unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Cool, think i'll just buy a 120gig drive and transfer everything then sell the 20gig one afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

koneko wrote: »
    Gamestop have done transfers before, but if you have no luck with that I have one that you could borrow (and post back to me when you're done?). I ordered it from MS (it's free) when I traded up to an Elite and it only took about 3 weeks. I had a spare 360 HD that I traded in with my Premium so I didn't mind waiting.
    Don't live anywhere near Waterford though so it'd have to be through post.

If you want to post it down to me ill post it back and pay for both ways... How long does it take to do? I dont feel like standing in gamestop waiting :P

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Depends on how much is on your harddrive, you could leave it in with them, go shopping and come back, if they still do it. It took about an hour for me IIRC.

Advertisement