Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton: alleged racist incident. no one suprised.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I hope Barton concentrates on his football as he is a fairly good player.
    If and when he does stupid again only then we will be able to jump on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

:rolleyes:

Cop on FFS and admit you got it wrong.

Admit to what?are you more interested in getting one over me and proving me 'wrong' then debating the issue at hand? im just commenting on this issue from my perspective. This whole thing stinks to high heaven, as i said it seems more likely to me Villa/Agbonlahor didn't pursue for want of leading the quiet life rather then Barton being cast as an innocent.

You go on how difficult it is for you to defend Barton and that because of 'tabloid' sensationalism he is vilified. Look at the pic i posted does that look like a man who is telling someone to shut up? furthermore does it look like a man who has turned a leaf?, you cite that he's changed, a few games out of prison and a few glib statements and he's a different man apparently.

He's got the benefit of the doubt for now but i'll wager good money it won't be long before he is involved in another 'incident' and you'll be on here defending him and blaming tabloids, opposition players and fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

This is going round in circles.

I've said what i've got to say, and stand by it, but i'm not wasting anymore time on this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Look at the pic i posted does that look like a man who is telling someone to shut up? furthermore does it look like a man who has turned a leaf?

Come on, you can't just post up one still photo and claim he's guity. That's ridiculous. He could be doing anything in that photo, he could be licking a freshly picked greener off his finger for all we know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If I were Barton and completely innocent, I would be calling for a full investigation as the alternative is Agbonlahor was crying wolf, something that should be just as liable to a ban as racial abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Boggles wrote: »
    If I were Barton and completely innocent, I would be calling for a full investigation as the alternative is Agbonlahor was crying wolf, something that should be just as liable to a ban as racial abuse.

FFS can someone please show me where Agbonlahor made any accusation??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Villain wrote: »
    Sorry can you show me where Villa have complained to the FA or where Villa or Gabby have said he made racist remarks?

Instead of dancing around the subject why didnt MON just ocme out and say "We dont really need to talk to the FA because Gaby has told us Barton said nothing racist to him."??

As for this by Joey's agent, wow.:eek:
    Who do you think scored Newcastle's two goals on Monday night? It was a black lad (Obafemi Martins) and Joey celebrated with him. Are those the actions of someone who would get caught up in something like this?

Sure Joey cant be a racist, he celebrated a with black lad who scored a goal for his team. Jesus, no wonder he's Bartons agent,talk about Dumb and Dumber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Villain wrote: »
    FFS can someone please show me where Agbonlahor made any accusation??

He didn't. Some people are trying to be smart, while making themselves look very very stupid.

Does anybody honestly think that somebody (who is not a stranger to controversy) would to go out their way to prove something didn't happen? When they have no need to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Hobart wrote: »
    He didn't. Some people are trying to be smart, while making themselves look very very stupid.

Does anybody honestly think that somebody (who is not a stranger to controversy) would to go out their way to prove something didn't happen? When they have no need to?

last time i checked it was innocent untill proven guilty, although the Sun has a good track record of getting the story correct......

Honestly if Agbonlahor had been racialy abused he would have persued it, quiet life? why? He'd be a hero and a role model for putting the final nail in Bartons coffin.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Come on, you can't just post up one still photo and claim he's guity. That's ridiculous. He could be doing anything in that photo, he could be licking a freshly picked greener off his finger for all we know.

To me it looks like he is flickign his lip and callign Agbonlahor a baby, a nothing incident imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Gabriel Agbonlahor has explained why he decided to drop any case against Joey Barton after their spat at St James’ Park on Monday as the Aston Villa striker appealed to Martin O’Neill to keep picking him before a likely England debut.

Despite allegations of racial abuse, Agbonlahor asked Villa not to lodge a complaint with the FA, which then opted against proceeding with an investigation of its own.

Agbonlahor would prefer to draw a line under the unsavoury incident. “It happened and you try to forget about it,” he said. “At the time, I wasn’t very happy, but he has had enough bad press so I decided to leave it. The club decided they would back me, but I just decided that that is the sort of player he is. I thought I’d just leave it.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5110342.ece

Well which one of you Barton apologists wishes to call Gabby Agbonlahor a liar then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Well which one of you Barton apologists wishes to call Gabby Agbonlahor a liar then?

Me.

If he isn't man enough to pursue a case of racial abuse, then something is arye. He acted like a real twat leading up to Barton's 'flick' and came across as a WUM. For me, it just doesn't add up. He's using this whole incident to save face for what really was childish and petulant behavior on his behalf.

It stinks to me as if someone started an alleagation, perhaps someone close to Agbonglahor, not expecting it to blow up as much as it did, and now realise that if investigated, there would be some very red faces all round. Why else would he be so insistent nothing more comes of it. He certainly doesn't owe Barton anything, and by all accounts, the pair had a fiery encounter on the pitch the other night. Surely he would be happy to deliver Barton his perceived 'just desserts'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

If Barton did make a racist remark to Agbonlahor than he has a duty to take it further imo, every year we have The Kick Racism Out of Football campaign, if Barton has not made a racist remark than Villa have to come out and say that he didn't, if he did they should follow it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Amazing to think this excuse waste of space footballer has made more headlines for not playing football

.Oh wait ........he scored a penalty .

Make no mistake about it , Bartons biggest enemy is himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

OPENROAD wrote: »
    If Barton did make a racist remark to Agbonlahor than he has a duty to take it further imo, every year we have The Kick Racism Out of Football campaign, if Barton has not made a racist remark than Villa have to come out and say that he didn't, if he did they should follow it up.

agreed

• Advertisement
Advertisement