Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95GB and Nokia Photos

• 05-11-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A quick question:

If I synchronise my phone with my computer so that it copies over all my photos and videos, and then delete them off my phone - do I risk losing them on my computer when I perform another sync?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've never lost any photos. I've used the Nokia Suite and it copies over to a specified folder and stores the photos in folders according to the date they were taken. So when I sync again, it just continues on, creating a new folder after the previosu one (if that makes sense?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

humanji wrote: »
    I've never lost any photos. I've used the Nokia Suite and it copies over to a specified folder and stores the photos in folders according to the date they were taken. So when I sync again, it just continues on, creating a new folder after the previosu one (if that makes sense?).

Thanks for your reply. Have you deleted photos from your phone and then ran a sync afterwards yet? Were any photos ( specifically the photos you deleted on your phone) also deleted from your computer in the sync?

I need to clear up some space, and don't think this is the case, but want to be sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

John_Mc wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. Have you deleted photos from your phone and then ran a sync afterwards yet? Were any photos ( specifically the photos you deleted on your phone) also deleted from your computer in the sync?

I need to clear up some space, and don't think this is the case, but want to be sure...

No they definitely dont get deleted from your PC when delete them on the phone and then sync again. Have done it a few times. Safe as houses:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

No, just your phone. No changes will be made to your computer.

As a general rule of thumb, you can take it that Nokia PCSuite will only only make changes to your phone. the only thing it will do to your PC is add files.

Advertisement