Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain renewal scam mail?

Options
  • 05-11-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I got a 'final notification' mail from a an address that was xxxxxxxx@operamail.com, saying that my domain ending in .US is expiring. The domain stated is using another domain name that I have but in a .com. So, I own example.com and they are saying example.us is expiring.

They list an American street address and a 1800 phone number.

As far as I know I don't own example.us and have never attempted to register it.

Looks like a scam right? Getting my contact info from whois, and then attempting to scare me in to ringing this 1800 phone number to see what's going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Well the fact that they're using free webmail (i.e. opera mail) for their business would make me think this is definitely a scam!

PS Nice avatar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I got one in the post a few weeks ago from some American crowd looking for me to renew my .com with them at a ridiculous rate.

Advertisement