Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please..blackberry storrm or iphone 3g

• 05-11-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

which one should i buy?

i dont surf the ney loads on my phone as i have a netbook for that

i slated people who shelled out for an iphone for ages and now i find myself thinking about one..for that reason id rather a Storm !

as i said i have netbook so lack of wifi on the strom for me isnt a big deal....sooo..which one??

also is there any mobiles that support flash media player??

ThANKS

PS. i kinda dont want to join o2 as the fact they charge for voicemail gets me in a rage when i think about it! but at the en of the day i want the coolest phone..so advice please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

how about an LG Renior....a lot more usefull features than a iphone but very similar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I used the Storm a few weeks ago and couldn't have been more disappointed with it. Can't really go into it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

The only phones to support Flash are Pocket PC phones... if you're ok with Windows Mobile;) However, it's an old cut down player... so don't expect all sites/videos to work. I think it's based on Flash 4... so quite old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

I used the Storm a few weeks ago and couldn't have been more disappointed with it. Can't really go into it..

how did u manage that? you work for vodafone?

anyway go on, spill the beans...

if your talking about the lack of wifi then ive just about come to terms with that...i was kinda hoping it would be a let down as i couldnt let myself sign up to their ripp off crappy plans especially for this device..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Size, weight, boot time, responsiveness... Using an iPod touch all morning before using the Storm probably done it no favours. If anything though, it really did highlight it's shortcomings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

cojomo2 wrote: »
    which one should i buy?

i dont surf the ney loads on my phone as i have a netbook for that

i slated people who shelled out for an iphone for ages and now i find myself thinking about one..for that reason id rather a Storm !

as i said i have netbook so lack of wifi on the strom for me isnt a big deal....sooo..which one??

also is there any mobiles that support flash media player??

ThANKS

PS. i kinda dont want to join o2 as the fact they charge for voicemail gets me in a rage when i think about it! but at the en of the day i want the coolest phone..so advice please

I've been having this debate with myself for the last few weeks. Having used both a Blackberry previously and currently the iPhone 3G, I think that the Blackberry is definitely more in the "Business" category if e-mail is going to be your thing and the iPhone is better suited to web surfing and maps. The Exchange on iPhone is really a cut down version of what you will get from a Blackberry as you cannot save documents down to the memory of the phone. This is a real pain if you need to make some changes etc. before forwarding on to another via. e-mail.

BTW, you are also making a choice between networks here also as the iPhone is only available from O2 and the Storm is only from Vodafone (unless you want to pay the SIM free price).

As you said yourself above, if you are not buying a phone to surf the web, then go with the Storm....the novelty of the iPhone will wear off after a few weeks :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm confused by these "phone X or iPhone" threads. I could understand someone asking the question Blackberry or E71, but if the choice is between one of those and an iPhone then I think people need to investigate the actual differences between the type of devices a bit more first.

I gues the questions are reaally actually "which shiny new toy should I get?" though which then kind of explains the iPhone versus random new completely different style of device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

robinph wrote: »
    I'm confused by these "phone X or iPhone" threads. I could understand someone asking the question Blackberry or E71, but if the choice is between one of those and an iPhone then I think people need to investigate the actual differences between the type of devices a bit more first.

I gues the questions are reaally actually "which shiny new toy should I get?" though which then kind of explains the iPhone versus random new completely different style of device.

I agree. I have noticed that a lot of people tend to gravitate towards the iPhone because either everyone else has one, everyone else wants one, or a combination of the two. There are countless threads of "iPhone vs. Brand X" etc but people should realise, the iPhone is not the handset that every other handset should aspire to be. It does certain things well, but it is a jack of all trades, yet a master of none; in my opinion.

If people want a business handset for business purposes, get the Nokia E71. It does the business orientated features better than most, if not all, current handsets.

Advertisement