Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K.O.! The Fight Before Christmas!

Options
  • 05-11-2008 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

TFBC_flyer_web.jpg
    The last thread got a little derailed so I hope the mods don't mind me starting a fresh one.

Tickets are now available from:
    Paypal Online
    KO Gym in Glasnevin,
    Warriors MMA Shop in Moore Mall, Moore Street.
    From Susan on 0833644690

The tickets are already flying out and a lot of the fighters haven't taken their allocation yet! So if you want one, get on it now! We have a limited capacity of 300.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

We will be showcasing some of Ireland's up and coming fighters with one under 16 bout already on the card and 3 'D' Class bouts.

U16 Novice match MMA League Rules
    Conor Hughes (KO) vs. Tommy (Spartan MMA) 61kgs
    Two young lads from two of Ireland's top junior clubs take each other on under MMA League rules. A great opportunity for these two to showcase their skills in front of a crowd. There is no striking to the head allowed in League rules, but you can expect an exciting curtain raiser nonetheless as anyone who has witnessed the standard at the junior championships will tell you!

D Class Rules 2x3mins
    Grant “The Nuisance” Carroll (KO) vs. Enda Fenton (Point Blank) 61.2kgs
    The senior ranks are next up, with Fenton, an MMA League veteran from Point Blank in Galway taking on KO's Carroll. Both young men will be eager to get their amateur careers off to a winning start.
    Kyle Delavri (KO) vs. Aidan Carney (Point Blank) 77kgs
    Another KO versus Point Blank match up, one of three on the card. Delavri and Carney will aim to bring home the bacon to their gym on their first outing.
    Michael O’Leary (KO) vs. John O’Hara (Spartan) 70kgs
    O'Leary will be aiming to outdo his Ryanair fronting namesake and provide some in-fight entertainment, but the Spartan will have something to say about that.

We have some excellent C class bouts in store on the undercard.

Andrew Connolly (Maynooth) vs. Antoine Mobian (Point Blank) 77kgs
    These two are both making their C class debuts on TFBC. Expect fireworks as Connolly, fighting out of one of Ireland's newer teams the Maynooth Shootfighters takes on Mobian who fights out of one of Ireland's most experienced gyms.

Olli Loutenen (KO) vs. Trevor McGlynn (Strabane) 77kg
    Loutenen from KO via Finland takes on McGlynn in what should be a stormer! McGlynn will be hoping to use his MMA nous to keep this standing while Loutenen will be hoping to use some of the experience he's gained from his submission wrestling background to take this one to the floor.

Aaron Smith (KO) vs. Phil McRory (Rush) 73kgs
    Smith is an all rounder who is making his debut. McRory has been here before though, and will hope to bring his experience to bear on the KO man.

Seán Duffy (Rush) vs. Colin English (KO) 65.8kgs
    Expect a striking war in this featherweight clash. English is a boxer turned grappler who likes nothing better than to bang, Duffy comes from a team coached by boxing afficionado Paul Cowzer. Someone might have to remind them that it's MMA!

El Arf Yousseff (KO) vs. Lee Metcalfe (Rush) 77kgs
    KO's Yousseff takes on fellow debutant Metcalfe in a welterweight battle. Even though this is Youssef's home show, the Frenchman may find himself feeling otherwise as Metcalfe is bound to bring a crowd of his fellow Dubs!

Myles Sheridan (Kyoujin) vs. Cathal Prendred (Kokoro) 84kgs
    You'd better hold on to your seats for this one, as these two middleweights will shake the house! Both of these guys are big and strong, so expect a battle!

Mick McLaughlin (Kyoujin) vs. Cian Ruane (Kokoro) 77kgs
    Ruane makes his debut on this show and will be looking to impress. McLaughlin will be aiming to make up for his disappointing loss on his debut a month ago.

More previews of the pro fights to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

Really coming together Barry. Looking forward to it. Half wishing I could just spectate!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Really coming together Barry. Looking forward to it. Half wishing I could just spectate!

me too, well actually no id much prefer to be doing what i am :D but still its a great card so far..im sure theres even more to come with the Pro's...

B Class Pro Match ups:

Conor 'Notorious' McGregor (SBG) vs. Zilve (Rush) 70kgs Lightweight

Quick question: can you get sparks from leather? Because I'm torn between writing how sparks will fly, and to comment on the amount of flying leather we're bound to see once these two boxers turned MMA fighters climb through the ropes. Zilve is a strong boxer who we can expect will throw down, McGregor is well know to Irish fans having been on most of the major Irish shows including Cage Rage contenders. This one has the potential the be a slobberknocker! And that's a word you don't get to use too often.

Jonny 'The Kiddie Krippler' Kerins (KO) vs. Benjamin 'Son of Life' Davis (Point Blank) 65.8kgs Featherweight

I can confidently predict that there will be enough energy in this bout to power the national grid for a week! The dynamic Kerins has been on sabbatical for a year and is desperate to get back into action. He does so against one of the Galwegian Team's standouts. Davis is an all action, spectacular fighter who has two good wins under his belt. This could be a darkhorse for fight of the night!

I'm waiting on a few bits of information and a couple of fighters to confirm and then I'll preview the remaining pro fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

I've just realised that this is on the Friday night. I better go check my calendar and see if I'm free...

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    I've just realised that this is on the Friday night. I better go check my calendar and see if I'm free...

you better be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Roper wrote: »
    B Class Pro Match ups:

Jonny 'The Kiddie Krippler' Kerins (KO) vs. Bejamin 'Son of Life' Davis (Point Blank) 65.8kgs Featherweight

that would be Benjamin

that would be Benjamin
    Mine is spelled right, you just quoted it wrong. I edited my post above for another reason entirely. Ahem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

The Kiddie Krippler? Am I seeing things? Does that say what I think it says. LMAO. He'll be a fan favourite! Brilliant.

• Advertisement

Judomad wrote: »
    you better be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a hot date planned but I can reschedule I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RearNakedJim

I cant believe you would stand me up again Tim :(

I cant believe you would stand me up again Tim :(
    Ya I know, but you can call around to the swanky hotel Barry's putting me up in afterwards. How's that sound? :)

Im sure you'll be ok Timmy, i dont think sheep hold grudges like Dublin woman so im sure you'll be forgiven:D:D

Judomad wrote: »
    Im sure you'll be ok Timmy, i dont think sheep hold grudges like Dublin woman so im sure you'll be forgiven:D:D
    LOL @ Dublin 'humour', anywhere not Dublin is country. Yes, quite humorous. :rolleyes:

LOL @ Dublin 'humour', anywhere not Dublin is country. Yes, quite humorous. :rolleyes:

correct;)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RearNakedJim

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Oh wait, you guys already are.

Re: the hotel, im there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mickoo

So your not a bogger? Since when? In a culchie accent - i'm not a bogger, "i'm from the city!" Thats real humour now timothy! You should be proud of been a bogger. Nothing wrong with it.

ok enought sh!t talkin, any update on the rest of the card Barry?

mickoo wrote: »
    So your not a bogger? Since when? In a culchie accent - i'm not a bogger, "i'm from the city!" Thats real humour now timothy! You should be proud of been a bogger. Nothing wrong with it.
    I presume by bogger you mean 'not from Dublin', no, nothing wrong with it at all. In fact most would probably consider it a good thing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Roper wrote: »
    The last thread got a little derailed so I hope the mods don't mind me starting a fresh one.

Sorry, just made me laugh :pac:

Fozzy wrote: »
    Sorry, just made me laugh :pac:
    Well, it appears I can't stop them but if the fight is as good an exchange as the internetting then we'll have a good night.

Just waiting on one or two things to be settled before previewing the other pro bouts.

Just found out that Warriors MMA shop is moving to a new location on Moore Street, 2 doors off Henry Street, so that's where the tickets will be available from in town.

Remember they're also available online www.ko-martialarts.com/tfbc

James (Combat Sports Centre) vs. Bogusz Pochylski (Maynooth Shootfighters) 73kgs
    I've yet to be informed of James' surname, so for now he can be like Cher, or Bono. Coming from the same stable as Irish MMA favourite Alan Hannon, James is likely to bring the well rounded MMA game that the Combat Sports Centre athletes always provide, and will be hungry to add a W to his record after sufferring an L at the last Tribal Warfare Show. He's pitted against debutante Pochylski, who fights out of Maynooth Shootfighters, who always provide thrilling fighters.

Just confirmed that Warriors MMA shop has moved to Moore Street, about 2 doors of Henry Street. They have tickets there priced €30.

Just a heads up on tickets for the show. At this stage they're about 90% sold out and I'm expecting the last few to move by the end of the week or early next week based on the way they're going right now. I'm currently trying to get some extra capacity out of the venue but it's far from guaranteed at this stage so there may not be extra tickets.

So what that means is that if you're planning to go, you need to get your ticket sorted asap!

There are still some available from KO Gym or Online, or in Warriors on the corner of Henry Street and Moore Street priced €30 but not too many.

In some pretty dissappointing news, Gary Morris has been forced to pull out due to injury. Get back soon Gary. Hopefully we'll see that match in 2009.

In some pretty exciting news, I have just confirmed that the new opponent for Tim Murphy for our headline bout will be....

Steve McCombe
    6ta6vr9.jpg

Steve moving up from bantam for this fight, was recently the victor in a bout with Gary Morris at EFR14. Sometimes described as Ireland's Sean Sherk, Steve is an outstanding fighter with great national and international experience around Europe. Fighting out of the EFR Gym he has heavy hands and excellent ground. I think we can expect to see an incredible bout between two of Ireland's most respected and experienced fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

ANother schweet matchup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭UFR Management

Steve has moved up to number 4 in the Europeon rankings at Bantamweight,he has not moved up to the featherweight division but does also compete at this weight
    Should be a great fight!

its a great match to replace mine, look forward to seeing this although i would have much preffered to b fighting, sorry it isn't possible, but its the same injury that keptme out of COT on Saturday night against Dara Nang, and yes Barry this fight will happen when im back, its a fight i feel will be very very exciting...again sorry to all for not being able to fight on this show:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Will this event be recorded?

I'm interested in seeing the u16s.

Advertisement