Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i Lazy when it comes to housework??

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

javaboy wrote: »
    And then there's Flut who'll write a bleedin' novel out of it.

Quick question OP. Who earns more money, you or her?

She does 500 euro a year, but she's got a longer commute, my commute is a 5 min walk, thats worth 500 euro in my book:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

She does 500 euro a year, but she's got a longer commute, my commute is a 5 min walk, thats worth 500 euro in my book:D

So she earns more and you have more spare time since you've less of a commute? Sounds like you should be doing more than her anyway tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

javaboy wrote: »
    So she earns more and you have more spare time since you've less of a commute? Sounds like you should be doing more than her anyway tbh.

My short commute is only recent before that I was cyclying 40k a day round trip and still doing what I do, I know i'm such a tropper:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Have you not read my posts??

I'm not looking for praise, I'm looking for a way to make her realise I do my fair share as she seems to think I dont do enough and I'm at a loss to how to get her to see this bar stopping all household duties!

Yes, I read your post. If your girlfriend says you aren't doing enough, then you probably aren't. You were able to list what you did. She probably does a hell of a lot more than you can see. I can't list exactly what I do at home, the list is too long.

What is it with men that think they have to tell everyone what they do?!

Oh, and on cooking. Cooking isn't actually that easy or fast. How long does it take for you to fill up and empty the dishwasher? 10 minutes max. How long for dinner? You're talking about an hour of prep and cooking time, esp if it's healthy food. And your only choice to her if she doesn't want to cook is that she has to eat crap food? Why don't you cook healthy food for the two of you? Or wash BOTH of your clothes together. It's a partnership. She's obviously copped that part. You haven't.

Yes, I read your post. If your girlfriend says you aren't doing enough, then you probably aren't. You were able to list what you did. She probably does a hell of a lot more than you can see. I can't list exactly what I do at home, the list is too long.

Oh, and on cooking. Cooking isn't actually that easy or fast. How long does it take for you to fill up and empty the dishwasher? 10 minutes max. How long for dinner? You're talking about an hour of prep and cooking time, esp if it's healthy food. And your only choice to her if she doesn't want to cook is that she has to eat crap food? Why don't you cook healthy food for the two of you? Or wash BOTH of your clothes together. It's a partnership. She's obviously copped that part. You haven't.

I list it as I've been thinking about it, I do all the DIY, I do the garden and its a pretty big garden!
    I'm only telling as I've been told I dont do enough!

No I'm not saying she sas to eat crap, I have no problem preparing a healthy meal but she doesnt want me to as she prefers her way of doing it.

No I refuse to wash our clothes as she says her clothes run, In all my years not one item of my clothes have run into another.. yet its something that happens a lot with womens clothes, whites darks in betweens all go into the same wash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

So even though you don't know the people involved, you assume his gf is right just... because? :confused: I could just as easily say "If the OP says he is doing enough, then he probably is."

If she's going to nag him about not doing his fair share, then why shouldn't he list what he does? What is he supposed to do, just accept that she's right without question or comparison of how much each does?

What if she is the lazy one and is simply chancing her arm to see if she can get away with doing less?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I just want her to see I'm doing a lot and to stop nagging me!

Ah, why didn't you say.

When she nags just look at her nod and say yes but be very enthusiastic about it (they love this) and then just do what you always did.

problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

There is only one way to solve this. Put an embargo on sex.

Tease her and get her aroused but don't have sex. Tell her you don't feel appreciated.

If its one thing i have learned from women, is that they are masters of this. Better you use the method first before her.

ntlbell wrote: »
    Ah, why didn't you say.

When she nags just look at her nod and say yes but be very enthusiastic about it (they love this) and then just do what you always did.

problem solved.

Ah I presume everyone thought I was going around like a wounded soldier telling her about my battles with the hoover and mop :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I do quite a lot compared to some men I do know, who expect to be waited on hand and foot!
    Not even remotely relevant.
    I list it as I've been thinking about it, I do all the DIY, I do the garden and its a pretty big garden!
    I'm only telling as I've been told I dont do enough!

No I'm not saying she sas to eat crap, I have no problem preparing a healthy meal but she doesnt want me to as she prefers her way of doing it.

No I refuse to wash our clothes as she says her clothes run, In all my years not one item of my clothes have run into another.. yet its something that happens a lot with womens clothes, whites darks in betweens all go into the same wash!
    TBH, she sounds a little bit controlling, like she has to do this or she has to do that...

<<....
    >>...
    *Furtively dons sensible hat*

Sit down and have a chat with her about it and write up a list of activities & time spent, then it will be clear to both of you. Bring up the fact that she insists on doing some chores

*Quickly removes sensible hat*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Do you stick rigidly to your 'To Do' list? Because there're a lot of things not on either you or your girlfriends list. What about changing bedclothes, putting out/cleaning bins, dusting, cleaning out the fridge/presses (which obviously don't have to be done everyday, but still need to be done).
    If you stick rigidly to your to do list, well then you're not seeing what NEEDS to be done (forget the list) and this may be the reason why there's trouble in paradise.

And may I add, you made a fatal error originally posting this in the Ladies Lounge. What were you thinking man? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Should have thought about this at the start of the relationship....then solved the problem by getting her knocked up and now neither of you would have to do the house work and it would only cost you a couple of euro a week in pocket money for the kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Excuse 1) I have no problem preparing a healthy meal but she doesnt want me to as she prefers her way of doing it.

Excuse 2) No I refuse to wash our clothes as she says her clothes run, In all my years not one item of my clothes have run into another.. yet its something that happens a lot with womens clothes, whites darks in betweens all go into the same wash!

If you spent half as much time actually doing the housework instead of inventing lame excuses you wouldn't have any time to worry about whether or not you're lazy.

Light enough? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Honestly it just sounds like she's undergoing hormonal imbalance, stressed and probably getting broody also. Oh and probably not getting enough enjoyment from sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

My nipples feel kinda sensetive now after writing that, like wtf :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Oh and probably not getting enough enjoyment from sex.
    So you picked that up to? Very perceptive.

The OP probably begrudgingly picks up the vacuum and mop and like sex wants to get it over and done with asap.

Advertisement