Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

So very sorry to hear this and can empathise as same happened to me last year. I posted a huge pic of my dog everywhere and offered a reward, being careful not to say how much and do you know I got him back in two days by a young girl who was going to keep him but when she heard about the reward she said she needed money and that was it. I was glad to reward her because my best friend was more than worth it. I felt so guilty too and made sure after that that the garden was securely fenced and that there was no exit for him. I exercise him until he is full satisfied and tired and does not feel the need to try to escape. All of course after the incident, but it taught me a lesson in prevention. Is he microchipped?

PS. Would so like to hear if he has turned up. If microchipped it will make the process much easier for your friend, as if someone does find him and take him to a vet, his number can be easily revealed.

I so hope and pray you find your beautiful dog. Have you posted large photos of him near where he was seen? I wish you all the luck in the world and hope he will soon be home with you never to roam again.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Young Black labrador found today in Shankill. Very friendly.
    update: owners found :D

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

missing since this morning
    westhighland terrier 2 year old female
    missing from the marino area of dublin
    answers to the name of holly
    please help:confused:

• Advertisement

Just want to say to all of you who are missing your beloved animals that I am sorry and hope they will be found. I know it is hardly appropriate to mention this now, but I hope it helps for the future; I have dogs myself whom I absolutely adore and the only way I could have peace of mind was to ensure that the garden fence was 100% secure. Before I was able to afford this, I exercised the dogs for one full hour or more each day and simply had to put leads on them in between and take them round the block intermittantly or even in the garden. The risk is just so high if they are able to get out anywhere at all. I also know of course that a dog can even run out of the door when you open it to someone, so no negligence is by any means being suggested. I experienced this too and my dog almost ran directly under a car, so I now make sure that my dogs are never ever in the hall when I answer the door. Please let us know if your dogs are back safely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tina Brophy

:(Thank you all for your good wishes and suggestions. Beau, my neighbour's dog, was last seen just outside his front garden,which is on a very, very quiet country lane, where the only traffic would be the other neighbour's cars or a couple of tractors. There is no gate. We would have heard if RTA. There was, apparently, a dog in heat and the owner had her locked up outside. This was the cause of great consternation. Every Sheepdog, Jack Russell and probably Beau had to go for an attempt! This is where Beau might have headed. There is a very big sand dune at the botton of this road and then 17-18mls of beach. Being the middle of the week and not yet the tourist season, it, at first seemed unlikely that he was picked up. There is a reward for Beau. He may have been shot by a farmer, but nobody has said. Thanks again everybody. Tina. P.S. Please check out my new website. Just Google Pethelpers.ie. Pic of Beau there. T.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kalie

kalie wrote: »
    Lost Dog

His owners are away on holiday and he escaped from a friends house in Tallagh last friday night.
    His name is Paddy and he's 14 years old.
    ScudsBirthdayIre015.jpg

I'm not sure if he's chipped. He could be making his way back home to Clondalkin. If anyone has any info please PM me.
    Thanks

UPDATE: Paddy has been found. He was trying to make his way back home as we thought. His owners are back of holiday now and he's safe and sound at home.
    :D

Have you called your local radio and posted pics up at your local post office shops etc? Have you called the shelters/pound? Often people who find dog will take it to a pound rather than keep it until they have found the owner. So glad Paddy is home and hope that the other liitle guys will also be found soon. Don't lose hope and when you get your pets back, please remember that even if you let them roam at the front of your house for a few minutes, that unless supervised and on a lead, most dogs will attempt to get one who is on heat and can have disasterous results as you know. The other point is, there are unscrupulous people about who actually look out for pedigree dogs to steal and use for breeding. Not wishing to put a damper on things, but just a thought for the future. Only last week when I had my Cavaliers in the village, I saw travellers who were asking questions to others about my dogs and was warned never to leave them unsupervised in my garden or anywhere else. Please keep in touch as we all want to know if your dogs are back home.

I think somebody took him ok or he's been shot. Lots of lambs around. He and his palSyd, have been allowed out for their morning "jogg" before being locked away for the school run, etc.They've been safe for past 6yrs, now his little pal Syd is lonely.:(

• Advertisement

kalie wrote: »
    UPDATE: Paddy has been found. He was trying to make his way back home as we thought. His owners are back of holiday now and he's safe and sound at home.
    :D

RESULT!

Tina, please try not to think of the worst and hold on in there. If he is not the type of dog who worries sheep, then why should anyone have the right to shoot him?

Please keep in touch with us as we do care about your dog being found and safely home with his little mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rrc88

Hi guys,

I found a male springer spaniel on Saturday(22nd may), in the Ballyboughal/Naul area. he was wet and mucky and could have travelled through fields or ditches to my house. he has a collar on and i would really love to get him back with his family. i dont know if he came from the balbriggan area or the damstown/garristown area.

unfortunately i cant keep him as my own dog is viscious towards him. if i cant find the owners in the next few days i will have no choice but to put him in an animal shelter, which i detest doing. i would really appreciate it if anyone could help me in this matter or if anyone knows of someone who is missing this dog. if you PM me i will pass on my contact number.

thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Flashman

Hey,

Our enormous grey cat went missing last Thursday night in Mount Merrion, South Dublin. "Basil" is fairly distinctive looking so if anyone notices a cat in their neighbourhood that looks like this guy, let me know.

296khv4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Border co Tipperary/Co Waterford. Between Clonmel and Dungarvan.

A cat with a collar with bell but no name tag (and nothing written inside) has been coming to feed the past 3 nights or so.

Medium long haired, brown (tabbyish markings) patches on white. .
    ( Brown, not ginger).

It is friendly, and tonight miaowed outside window demanding food :D.
    It has an injury on top of its back, could be an attack from a dog or something, if I can catch it I will take it to vets, looks like it got infected but the cat is lively and nimble. Very very thin under the hair, and just polished a tin of whiskas.

I think it may have run for its life after the attack and gone too far to find its way home.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4638694819_b4ddbe474c.jpg[IMG]Tried picking it up to place it in a safe room, but did not like that and scampered off, hoping it will be back tomorrow for its dinner :). If you're in the area and know of someone's cat or your cat gone missing, PM me.[/img]

If you email me a photo to tinabrophy@ireland.com, I will put it on my facebook page, pethelpers.ie and webpage, http://pethelpers.wordpress.com/ I'm in Ballygarrett, Gorey, Co. Wexford, if I can help.It sounds like they could do with a trip to the vet alright. Keep up the kind work!:P Tina.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just got back from a walk in Malahide Castle with Brodi

We found a male Springer Spaniel, approximately 12/18 months old (i'm not good at guessing), very friendly and playful, obviously loves mud/water as he was a bity of a mess. He also looked very well fed and healthy.

We went and found the Park Rangers and they took him, we would have taken him home with us but he kept trying to ride Brodi and we just can't risk that as she's due on heat any time soon.

Here's some pics, he was found by us at about 12:10pm

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

Hi everyone, posted about a cat that visits my house every evening, and I thought I'd share what little I have found out about him, it's a sad story. :(

A while ago, the neighbours were shocked when a car drove in to our very remote road, and dropped two animals. It seems they were "blooding" a dog, hard to gather all the facts right, farmers around, like me, are not the best at identifying dogs, maybe a lurcher, or some sort of hound cross, or something. I never heard of the practice before, but what they do is try and give the dog a taste for blood, by releasing a kitten, in this instance, with a bell around the neck to help the dog keep track of where it is/keep his "eye on the ball" so to speak, and encourage the dog to chase it and kill it. What people around think happened in this case is that the dog chased the kitten, harmed it but didn't kill, and didn't return to the people when they expected, so they left both dog and kitten behind and never returned. So the dog was around for a while, and farmers felt it was a threat for lambs etc... and the dog warden was called. We don't know he got it for sure, but dog hasn't been seen in a while. The kitten remained, in a poor state, and begged food off the house nearby, which is maybe a small kilometre from my house.
    And so now he's grown a bit, still has injuries, is starving because the bell prevents him from successful hunting, might get few scraps down there I don't know, but wolves down a tin of whiskas everyday outside my house. I'd love to remove the bell from its collar, but I want to be able to catch him maybe this Friday evening, to take him to the vet on Saturday morning, so I have to keep him hungry for Whiskas :)
    He could be a she for all I know, people here have decided it's a he because he's roaming but of course, a starving cat will roam for food, male or female.

Now he's a beauty, and friendly, so the local people reckon he was taken/stolen to start with, so the appeal for potential owners still stands, except that at the time he was taken he must have been pretty young.

So as I said a very sad story, hope I can help the little fellow, and if my cat shows any signs of tolerating him around, I'd love to keep him, but I don't know yet. My cat is nearly 7 years old, deep down I think he'd love the company, certainly loves the excitement of other cats coming up every so often (he stays in at night and looks out at them making "karate" noises from the window sill :D:D:D ).
    But it could be a long haul.

Pretty shocked at the whole thing tbh, had heard about it but didn't know kitty was still around, I just had to share this, I'm so gutted.

Sorry this is so long, please mods feel free to move or delete this if appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just got back from a walk in Malahide Castle with Brodi

We found a male Springer Spaniel, approximately 12/18 months old (i'm not good at guessing), very friendly and playful, obviously loves mud/water as he was a bity of a mess. He also looked very well fed and healthy.

We went and found the Park Rangers and they took him, we would have taken him home with us but he kept trying to ride Brodi and we just can't risk that as she's due on heat any time soon.

Here's some pics, he was found by us at about 12:10pm

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

is this dog was definitely male? i know someone who lost their spaniel yesterday except it's female, just want to make sure just in case you meant to say female and not male, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

is this dog was definitely male? i know someone who lost their spaniel yesterday except it's female, just want to make sure just in case you meant to say female and not male, thanks

I'm only goin on the fact that it was Male as it was trying to jump Brodi, BUT i have seen males trying to jump males and bitches doin the same.

I didn't notice that he had a ...

• Advertisement

I'll put pic on our website http://pethelpers.wordpress.com/:)

Hi everyone, posted about a cat that visits my house every evening, and I thought I'd share what little I have found out about him, it's a sad story. :(

A while ago, the neighbours were shocked when a car drove in to our very remote road, and dropped two animals. It seems they were "blooding" a dog, hard to gather all the facts right, farmers around, like me, are not the best at identifying dogs, maybe a lurcher, or some sort of hound cross, or something. I never heard of the practice before, but what they do is try and give the dog a taste for blood, by releasing a kitten, in this instance, with a bell around the neck to help the dog keep track of where it is/keep his "eye on the ball" so to speak, and encourage the dog to chase it and kill it. What people around think happened in this case is that the dog chased the kitten, harmed it but didn't kill, and didn't return to the people when they expected, so they left both dog and kitten behind and never returned. So the dog was around for a while, and farmers felt it was a threat for lambs etc... and the dog warden was called. We don't know he got it for sure, but dog hasn't been seen in a while. The kitten remained, in a poor state, and begged food off the house nearby, which is maybe a small kilometre from my house.
    And so now he's grown a bit, still has injuries, is starving because the bell prevents him from successful hunting, might get few scraps down there I don't know, but wolves down a tin of whiskas everyday outside my house. I'd love to remove the bell from its collar, but I want to be able to catch him maybe this Friday evening, to take him to the vet on Saturday morning, so I have to keep him hungry for Whiskas :)
    He could be a she for all I know, people here have decided it's a he because he's roaming but of course, a starving cat will roam for food, male or female.

Now he's a beauty, and friendly, so the local people reckon he was taken/stolen to start with, so the appeal for potential owners still stands, except that at the time he was taken he must have been pretty young.

So as I said a very sad story, hope I can help the little fellow, and if my cat shows any signs of tolerating him around, I'd love to keep him, but I don't know yet. My cat is nearly 7 years old, deep down I think he'd love the company, certainly loves the excitement of other cats coming up every so often (he stays in at night and looks out at them making "karate" noises from the window sill :D:D:D ).
    But it could be a long haul.

Pretty shocked at the whole thing tbh, had heard about it but didn't know kitty was still around, I just had to share this, I'm so gutted.

Sorry this is so long, please mods feel free to move or delete this if appropriate.

I live in Gorey area and have a cat trap if I can help.

If I can help I live in Ballygarrett, Gorey and have a cat trap. T.

Thanks Tina, the cat is nervous, but actually very friendly, it loves a bit of petting and attention, so I am just going to tease it into the plastic carrier with food, in the evening when it calls, and I'll put it in my spare room for the night (hoping it will have the litter instinct :D). Planning on going to vets Saturday morning then. Poor thing will be nervous because of the scent of my own cat on everything inside, but it's for its own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

30725_408744335888_169411475888_4264764_3608962_n.jpg

Does anyone know this dog? Found in County Limerick. Please share with your friends, someone may know her!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Jesus I actually feel nauseus after reading this I never knew things like that happened. It's going to take me a while to repress that one, hope you can help the poor thing humans are evil sometimes.

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Jesus I actually feel nauseus after reading this I never knew things like that happened. It's going to take me a while to repress that one, hope you can help the poor thing humans are evil sometimes.
    Yes Sapsorrow, sickening. It's probably for the **illegal** live hare coursing, they must use kittens because they're so easy to just pick off a shed/garden. This is what people in my area reckon happened anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 padimus2

Hi,Is anyone in the Harolds Cross or Dublin 8 area missing a Tabby Kitten (about 4 or 5 months old?).He appeared in our garden last night and was chasing our cat around the place. He seems friendly enough and he came over to us but is nervous about being petted and doesn't like being picked up. He also came into our house for a few minutes and then ran out, Myself and my Fiance will keep an eye out for him and if he comes back will try to keep him inside and bring him to the DSPCA.

Ok that's great. Getting that off the neck will give him comfort. If you need any help in the future just contact me and check out our website http://pethelpers.wordpress.com/ and please pass it on to everybody you know. If you could email me your story of this little kittem I'll post it on my blog. People just don't know what's going on, especially here in the countryside. The aim is to find homes, reunite lost and found etc and educate. You can also find us on facebook,pethelpers.ie. Good luck with the little one. Talk soon. Tina.

• Advertisement

Have you contacted Cottage Rescue in Cashel about that Staffie? They might be able to help. Tina.

Advertisement