Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Why would I do that, Tina?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Friends of mine brought their pup up from the country and he wandered yesterday (Wednesday the 7th of May).

He's a four-month-old collie cross, black with a white stripe down his chin and under his chest, and he answers to the name of Packie.

There are notices up locally, but if anyone's seen a young collie wandering in the area - Inchicore, Kilmainham, Rialto, etc - can they PM me? And if anyone knows of any bitches on heat locally, PM me too, in case Packie's gone looking for love and been unable to find his way home or been chased, in this unfamiliar area.

And if your kids are going to school locally, maybe you'd ask them to spread the word among their friends; and you might ask the postman in your road if he's (or she's) seen Packie too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

poor thing hope you find him

Thanks, Edellc, going to do a local trawl-around tomorrow.

Here's the lost puppy http://twitpic.com/1s7dx4.

Lost in Inchicore on Thursday May 27. Very friendly, nice pup, adored by a family of bereft children, answers to the name Packie. If you find him, please ring Eoghan (whose number is on lostandfoundpets.ie's ad, and on lostdogs.ie's ad too).

picture.php?albumid=1221&pictureid=6374

Hm, wonder why that img tag isn't working...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Kablamo! wrote: »
    It's been over a year now, but just on the off chance anyone's seen her... I miss her loads.
    I saw a cat exactly as you explained just across from the GARDA Station here in dungarvan yesterday. I was actually rubbing that cat not knowing it was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

He was found on Wednesday afternoon (26th May) on the Western Distributor Road, Galway (Near B&Q/Dunnes) after being clipped by a car. He's out of the vets now and is making a good recovery.
    He had no collar at the time, he's not microchipped and is not neutered but is very friendly and affectionate, is a healthy weight and is not bothered by dogs. Plus he knows the sound of a sachet or cat food coming out of the box! He is mostly black in colour but has a while line of fur from above his eyes down to his nose and above one side of his mouth and his paws are all white.
    Any queries about him can ring (085) 7157313 outside of office hours.

30725_409799070888_169411475888_4291795_5456748_n.jpg

RE-UNITED WITH OWNER!

Why isn't this thread a sticky, by the way? May I request that it be stickied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Why isn't this thread a sticky, by the way? May I request that it be stickied?

... it is a sticky already ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Border co Tipperary/Co Waterford. Between Clonmel and Dungarvan.

A cat with a collar with bell but no name tag (and nothing written inside) has been coming to feed the past 3 nights or so.

Medium long haired, brown (tabbyish markings) patches on white. .
    ( Brown, not ginger).

It is friendly, and tonight miaowed outside window demanding food :D.
    It has an injury on top of its back, could be an attack from a dog or something, if I can catch it I will take it to vets, looks like it got infected but the cat is lively and nimble. Very very thin under the hair, and just polished a tin of whiskas.

I think it may have run for its life after the attack and gone too far to find its way home.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4638694819_b4ddbe474c.jpg[IMG]Tried picking it up to place it in a safe room, but did not like that and scampered off, hoping it will be back tomorrow for its dinner :). If you're in the area and know of someone's cat or your cat gone missing, PM me.[/img]

Hi everyone, just to let you know an owner made himself known today ! Such a relief to know someone does care about the cat :).
    The man who claimed him today is actually the man who saved him from the thugs I was talking about in another post. He saw it all happening, the people releasing the dog, and encouraging it to chase the cat, so this man actually intervened, and the thugs hopped into their car and fled. The man tried to chase them with no success, rang the police with the car number, but nothing came of it.

Please if you live in the country, pay attention to what is happening in the fields nearby, the man in question reckons that he witnessed other dog "blooding" incidents on other occasions.

• Advertisement

Brilliant - well done on finding a home for the cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

We lost our cat in Bluebell on Sunday evening. He is a large, grey and white, neutered male. Very friendly. Recently had stitches on his back right leg and has a very distinctive shield over them which looks like silver paint.

We really miss him.:(

LordDorington, go around all the houses on your road, the road backing on to yours, and the two roads further out, and give out leaflets (A5 size is good) with a picture of the kitty, 'LOST', the day and date, and 'Please contact... your name and address'. And talk to people.

My friend's cat was found after four days, in the house three or four up from her, hiding and terrified. Cats kind of freeze if they get shut in, and go into a state equivalent to a human fugue. Ask anyone who finds him to call you, and go and collect him yourself and bring him home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Found on Saturday in drumcondra, entire male rottie about 1 year old. Very friendly, sits, gives paw, lead etc, not house trained. Great with other dogs and kids. No Collar, no microchip, docked. Finder can't hold as husband wants him out of there today so may be forced to put into the pound. (ashtown) - Finder has done all the usual searches for owner, no luck (even had ad in paper)

Dog has been reunited with its owner thankfully.

LordDorington, go around all the houses on your road, the road backing on to yours, and the two roads further out, and give out leaflets (A5 size is good) with a picture of the kitty, 'LOST', the day and date, and 'Please contact... your name and address'. And talk to people.

My friend's cat was found after four days, in the house three or four up from her, hiding and terrified. Cats kind of freeze if they get shut in, and go into a state equivalent to a human fugue. Ask anyone who finds him to call you, and go and collect him yourself and bring him home.

thanks for the info. we already papered the neighbourhood with flyers and nothing. Aside from the local kids tearing down the flyers and one guy calling us as a windup and giving us a fake address :(

Here's the lost puppy http://twitpic.com/1s7dx4.

Lost in Inchicore on Thursday May 27. Very friendly, nice pup, adored by a family of bereft children, answers to the name Packie. If you find him, please ring Eoghan (whose number is on lostandfoundpets.ie's ad, and on lostdogs.ie's ad too).

picture.php?albumid=1221&pictureid=6374

Hm, wonder why that img tag isn't working...?

I live in Bluebell I will keep an eye out for him. Also, it would be worth dropping some flyers into the blue cross clinic on tyrconnell road and asking them to put them up in the mobile clinics. that way, you will get exposure to walkinstown, smithfield, ballyfermot etc and all pet owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Young dog found in Liosban Industrial Estate, Galway at around 15:30 today. He's under a year old and has been neutered in the last few weeks. No collar or microchip. He's limping quite a lot on his right hind leg and I didn't want to risk him getting run over, so took him in when he followed me home. PM me for more details.

BobbDoe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭mountain

Small black terrier pup, lost in Red Strand, Ardfield, Clonakilty,
    answers to name of Muffin, very friendly, family pet,

if seen or found please PM

I live in Bluebell I will keep an eye out for him. Also, it would be worth dropping some flyers into the blue cross clinic on tyrconnell road and asking them to put them up in the mobile clinics. that way, you will get exposure to walkinstown, smithfield, ballyfermot etc and all pet owners.

Where on Tyrconnell Road is this clinic, please?

By the way, posters are good, but what works best is actually going door to door, knocking on people's doors and asking them to check their sheds, etc, and leaving them a leaflet with a picture of the cat and your contact number.

There's nothing to beat personal involvement. It always seems hopeless at first, but nine times out of ten I've got my cat back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Yesterday a lovely little grey pony - very friendly was wandering along Ballycummin Road in County Limerick. Anybody know of anyone missing a cutie. Please get in touch fast.

PS before anyone asks - the Gardaí were called twice and nobody turned up. The ISPCA said that 'cause she was not in a field being neglected they can't do anything. The LSPCA said to put her into a field for the night - managed to find a place for her. Just back from checking on her and she's grand.

Rang Limk Co Co Vets now and they said now that the LSPCA should NOT have told me to put her in a field off the road that I didn't have the authority, that only the Gardaí can do that or a pound authorised by them....Anyway to cut a long story short....they're going to call the pound and they'll take her away. She'll have 5 days for somebody to claim her..... so please please please - if anyone knows anything about a missing little pony (who had a green piece of twine as a collar), get in touch.

• Advertisement

You can post lost and found horses (as well as other animals) here:

http://www.ispca.ie/lost_animals.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

LB6 wrote: »
    Yesterday a lovely little grey pony - very friendly was wandering along Ballycummin Road in County Limerick. Anybody know of anyone missing a cutie. Please get in touch fast.

PS before anyone asks - the Gardaí were called twice and nobody turned up. The ISPCA said that 'cause she was not in a field being neglected they can't do anything. The LSPCA said to put her into a field for the night - managed to find a place for her. Just back from checking on her and she's grand.

Rang Limk Co Co Vets now and they said now that the LSPCA should NOT have told me to put her in a field off the road that I didn't have the authority, that only the Gardaí can do that or a pound authorised by them....Anyway to cut a long story short....they're going to call the pound and they'll take her away. She'll have 5 days for somebody to claim her..... so please please please - if anyone knows anything about a missing little pony (who had a green piece of twine as a collar), get in touch.

Maybe post this in the Limerick Forum too. And if you can maybe contact LAW and maybe they could take him in, so he wouldn't have to go to the pound. Their number is 063 91110

EDIT: Sorry I've just seen it in the Limerick Forum.....

And a quick google found the Irish Horse Welfare Trust: http://www.ihwt.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Update on the little grey mare - She was taken down to the pound in Cork today as she was reported to them..... The bad news is that the horses only get 10 days down there to be claimed, BUT, there's good news, - my friend who actually left me keep her in her field last night has said that she will take the mare in should she not be claimed.... Thanks Chris and Family :-) PS there'll be a little little pony some time soon too!:eek:

mountain wrote: »
    Small black terrier pup, lost in Red Strand, Ardfield, Clonakilty,
    answers to name of Muffin, very friendly, family pet,

if seen or found please PM

Bump, and photo now added. photo1lv.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

King Charles spaniel type, male, white with brown patches found wandering around Milverton (just outside Skerries, Co Dublin) today. Very friendly and looks well looked after. Blue collar (no tag). Please PM me if you are missing this dog, or may know where it is from.

Thanks

Beasty

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    King Charles spaniel type, male, white with brown patches found wandering around Milverton (just outside Skerries, Co Dublin) today. Very friendly and looks well looked after. Blue collar (no tag). Please PM me if you are missing this dog, or may know where it is from.

Thanks

Beasty
    Took it to Lissenhall vets (Swords) today - fortunately it was chipped, but unfortunately the address details were out of date! The same dog had been found and taken to Lissenhall only a couple of weeks earlier, and they are keeping it in their kennels, pending the return of its owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

ok this is a while back, but while spending the weekend in Dingle during some very wet weather, I came across a black/white kitten at the side of the road who was obviously in distress. Was on my way back to Cork but popped into local garda station as not being familiar with the area thought that was best to do. Left my contact details etc. Took kitten home to Cork with me where he has settled in well with two dogs :) Anyway it always bothered me that someone there may miss him as he was such a friendly little thing. Am new to Boards so just thought I would put this up just in case it might ring a bell with someone in Dingle.

mountain wrote: »
    Bump, and photo now added.

Found safe, now home again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Found this guy last night at Blackrock, Salthill, Galway.
    He was crying and vomiting (maybe from sea water).
    He seemed to have lost his owner, and was running up to anyone coming out of the water.
    Very friendly and good temperment. Has a collar.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=116606&stc=1&d=1276251469

Advertisement