Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Amg Arts

Donore/Duleek Area, 8th of June, Tabby female about a year old

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=12813964&l=2003acb5c1&id=738590452

photo.php?pid=12813964&l=2003acb5c1&id=738590452

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

True story....a hamster arrived outside our back door the last day! We let him in and the folks at the pet shop were so kind as to lend us a cage for him. I put up posters around the neighborhood but to no avail...unfortunately I can't keep him as I am emigrating soon! He has a very sweet temperment and is obviously well used to being handled. Seeing as I can't find his owner, if anyone is interested in taking him on, PM me!

Ellie.

4683727730_3db455c363.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sarahamics

my Cat went missing in the hanlons corner northcircular road area, she is tortoiseshell and white (tabby patches) she is about 1 year old and spayed, her collar has come off. very worried any information at all apreciated phone 087 2679313. i am concerned she may have be shut in a shed or something by accident as she usually never stays away from home for long.if anyone in the area sees this I would be grateful if you could please search your property.very sad owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

sarahamics wrote: »
    my Cat went missing in the hanlons corner northcircular road area, she is tortoiseshell and white (tabby patches) she is about 1 year old and spayed, her collar has come off. very worried any information at all apreciated phone 087 2679313. i am concerned she may have be shut in a shed or something by accident as she usually never stays away from home for long.if anyone in the area sees this I would be grateful if you could please search your property.very sad owner.

Sarah - photocopy some leaflets with that picture (you can two at a time on an A4 sheet and cut them in half to make two A5 leaflets), and *knock on doors* on your own road (the most likely place) and the roads backing on to it and backing on to those roads. Ask people to look in their sheds and garages, and if they will, to let you look - a scared cat will sometimes come out to someone she knows and loves. I hope you find her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

sarahamics wrote: »

North Circular Road where? Limerick? Dublin? If Limerick, report your cat to Limerick Animal Welfare and also email a pic to the lost and found section of the Limerick Post's pets' page - pets@limerickpost.ie ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Found Croom area of Limerick Husky Dog (possibly a cross) and a Husky cross bitch.

Both turned up on our door step yesterday. Great with kids, obviously house dogs (really want to get into the house) no collars and from my one attempt not used to the lead.

Lovely pair of dogs with excellent temperaments. They have obviously been well looked after and fed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit ..... just got a call back from Limerick pound. Apparently they are a paid of Akita's that were reported missing a few days ago.

As they are on the restricted dog list the dog warden will not allow me to return them to the owner directly until he proves he can safely keep them.

I have told the warden that if he wont give them back to the owner then to call me as I will either keep them myself or find them a home. I do not want to see these dogs destroyed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tuampetsaver

hi im new on here and still trying to figuer this out but why im here is i rescue alot of stray dogs and rehome them in the tuam area so for any unwanted pets or strays theat need help please contact me thank you .joe .

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

FOUND: Loreto Park beside Nutgrove shopping center. This eve 14 June 2010 8:30pm

Female, 1-2yrs old, collie

She'll be safe and sound with us for tonight and we'll look again for her owners in the morning. If that's you PM me please.

Edit: Pet Trace finally answered this morning and gave me owners details. This dog had strayed about 2-3 miles. Will have a re-union with worried owner this eve. All's well that ends well on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

We have lost our 15 week old kitten,was around at 5pm sunday eating his dinner but hasn't been seen since.were in crann nua,portarlington.He is tabby, quite fluffy with a blue collar on,if anyone see's him will you try grab him and pm me there will be one happy 2 year old if he's found.

NOW FOUND IN NEIGHBOURS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

We have lost our 15 week old kitten,was around at 5pm sunday eating his dinner but hasn't been seen since.were in crann nua,portarlington.He is tabby, quite fluffy with a blue collar on,if anyone see's him will you try grab him and pm me there will be one happy 2 year old if he's found.

NOW FOUND IN NEIGHBOURS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

Which is typical of what happens with cats - please note, all who've lost cats.

Very glad the puss is back home. Get him chipped now, won't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Which is typical of what happens with cats - please note, all who've lost cats.

Very glad the puss is back home. Get him chipped now, won't you?
    Will get him chipped as his collar was taken off so feel there was no intention of finding owners.

Will get him chipped as his collar was taken off so feel there was no intention of finding owners.

Or he might have got it caught and slipped out of it rather than get strangled - good thing about those safety collars, but also a reason for chipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Hi all,

My baby, my wee dude Benson (2 year old Golden Lab) went missing from Cavan/Monaghan area on Sunday with another dog. I'm at my wits end. My other half works away all week so it was just him and me in the house and to say that the silence in the house is deafening is an understatement. He was wearing a red collar (no i.d tag though) and is microchipped. His microchip is registered with Fido... is this sufficient?

I've rang all local pounds and nothing, I've put an ad on my local radio station and put up posters in my local town. Its 4 days now since they've gone and I'm going crazy with worry. If anyone knows anything.... please ring 0851227287

album.php?albumid=1259&pictureid=6566

diambirl, to put up a picture go to your User CP (on the boards.ie front page, and I think on every page) and you'll find it possible to set up an 'album'. You upload your pics there, and then you can post those pics here.

To find your dog, put up a poster *with his name*, and his picture, because people will try the name on any dog they find.

Put up posters not only around the streets, but also in all the places where people walk the streets - your local An Post sorting office, where the postmen set out with their mailbags and walk the whole neighbourhood; garda stations, and the local vets.

Ask in the post office if there are any local bitches on heat, and go and ask around there - a dog will often go there, where there's a crowd of hopeful suitors, but may be chased away by other dogs.

When you put up your posters, put them at crossroads. Make a circle around your home and try to cover every crossroads in the locality.

The other people who are in the streets are kids; put posters outside schools.

If you know anyone with a laminator - local clubs, political offices, etc - laminated notices last longer; it costs about €1 per A5 sheet in Read's in Dublin - others may know cheaper places.

And in case of tragedy, ring your local council to ask about the bodies of dogs cleared from the roads.

Also ring around the local garda stations, and visit the pounds - it doesn't always occur to people to check that chip. And ring Fido and make sure they have your details up to date. (I can't find their phone number, but you can email them through this page: http://www.fido.ie/links.html)

I've checked Fido online - and our details are up to date. I've made up posters and put them in all the local shops. Luckily the local post man in my other halfs uncle so he'l be keeping an eye out on his journey please god.

I really dont know what else to do.

I tried to put the picture up on my last post but it didnt show :-(

dlambirl wrote: »
    I've checked Fido online - and our details are up to date. I've made up posters and put them in all the local shops. Luckily the local post man in my other halfs uncle so he'l be keeping an eye out on his journey please god.

I really dont know what else to do.

I tried to put the picture up on my last post but it didnt show :-(

Here's how I found out how to do the picture biz:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66070475

Ask your uncle-in-law to stick up a poster in his sorting office and talk to the other postal delivery men and women - they might spot the pooch too.

MISSING

From Shercock, Co. Cavan / Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan

2 Year Old Golden Labrador, Small Build, Red Collar, Microchipped, Last seen on the Shercock/Carrickmacross Road at Raferagh.

GENEROUS REWARD OFFERED

Phone: 0851227287 with any information

Benson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Brindle Lurcher pup found on M6 just outside Galway. I haven't seen the dog yet, he was described to me as such. He'll be here in the evening then I will update with pics.

edit:

37328_415993645888_169411475888_4466339_5181709_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Beagle cross found in Letterkenny this morning - no collar, no chip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maddie_bray

We lost our dog on the 16th June, in Richmond Park area, Bray.
    She's a black and white (with some brown patches on her face) border collie mix, neutered. She wears a collar with a red tag with a mobile number on it.
    She had an operation last year, as she suffers from hip displasia and is supposed to have another one this year.
    She's not microchipped.
    She's very friendly and intelligent.
    We ran around with posters and leaflets, but no luck so far:/

I appreciate every information! Please call: 086 33 97 197 or 087 69 22 462, if you know where she is.

Her pictures are in the Attachments section. I don't know, how to download pics here:/

• Advertisement

maddie_bray, to attach pictures, go into your User CP (you'll see it if you look up to the left, or if you go to the boards.ie main page), and go to Albums.

Make an album and give it a name. Now upload pictures from your own computer.

Then use the link below the picture (the 'BB Code') with the 'insert image' thingy (the icon like a stamped envelope with a mountain where the address should be, when you're posting) to insert it in a message here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Al Katraz

Cat found--All happy now.

maddie_bray, to attach pictures, go into your User CP (you'll see it if you look up to the left, or if you go to the boards.ie main page), and go to Albums.

Make an album and give it a name. Now upload pictures from your own computer.

Then use the link below the picture (the 'BB Code') with the 'insert image' thingy (the icon like a stamped envelope with a mountain where the address should be, when you're posting) to insert it in a message here.
    Thanks Quality:) I can't do it though, they told me, I've to have post count "25 or greater":/

Thanks Quality:) I can't do it though, they told me, I've to have post count "25 or greater":/

PM me (right-click on my user name and the option's there) and if you like you can email me the pic and I'll put it up.

I've tried - but first, I have to download the pics to any website, as there's a 'url upload' instead of 'file' one:/ there are files attached, so I think, people who are interested, will open them:)
    Thanks a lot anyway:)

maddie_bray Best thing is to either post twentysomething random messages to make up your quota, or PM me and I'll give you my email address, and you can send me the photo, which I'll upload here later on.

URLs are grand, but they won't show the photo in the thread like others here - they'll just give a link that people can click through to. Less powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Missiechan

MISSING- Hitomi

photo.php?pid=12303&id=100000992594875

White with dark grey spots, missing her left eye and most of her teeth. She was last seen on Merchant's Road, East Wall outside our house on Saturday afternoon. We're very worried because she never stays out this long.

We lost our dog on the 16th June, in Richmond Park area, Bray.
    She's a black and white (with some brown patches on her face) border collie mix, neutered. She wears a collar with a red tag with a mobile number on it.
    She had an operation last year, as she suffers from hip displasia and is supposed to have another one this year.
    She's not microchipped.
    She's very friendly and intelligent.
    We ran around with posters and leaflets, but no luck so far:/

I appreciate every information! Please call:
    086 33 97 197 or
    087 69 22 462
    if you know where she is.

Pictures here:

picture.php?albumid=1221&pictureid=6601

picture.php?albumid=1221&pictureid=6602

• Advertisement

Missiechan wrote: »
    MISSING- Hitomi

photo.php?pid=12303&id=100000992594875

White with dark grey spots, missing her left eye and most of her teeth. She was last seen on Merchant's Road, East Wall outside our house on Saturday afternoon. We're very worried because she never stays out this long.

Missiechan, is Hitomi a cat or a dog or a hamster or a horse?

If she's a cat, go around all your neighbours' houses, leaving a leaflet with a picture of her in each one, and ask them to check in their garages and garden sheds and even unused rooms.

Do the same with the people in the houses at the back of your road.

Advertisement