Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Missiechan

She's a cat. Sorry, with all the upset I forgot to mention that.

I think I will be doing that tomorrow, or tonight if it's not too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

This chap was found in Damastown, Dublin 15. He's a lab or lab cross, very nice dog, looks well looked after and is well trained so I'm sure he is a loved family pet. I was unable to look after him so unfortunately I had to hand him over to Ashtown pound, hopefully he's micro chipped or his owners think to look for him there.

4732505243_ac9542a41f.jpg

4733149940_a097837d88.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Red and white siberian husky female found on 25th June in Dublin 11. No collar, no microchip. Very friendly girl, has a scar that suggests she is spayed. Please pm if you think this is your dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hi All,

Found a dog yesterday in my garden here in Ballinasloe, Galway. It's a medium sized black cutie, very friendly, has a collar but no tag, and appears to be very attached to my dog all of a sudden, no sign of it going home of it's own accord.

If anyone lost a dog of this description in the area PM me, will get photos if the dog is still hanging around tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Cyril Squirrel

This lovely, friendly female was dropped in the Ballymacoda area of East Cork on Thursday 24th June. PM me if you know this dog, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Female zebra finch escaped from cage in beaumont area yesterday... Not very likely to be recovered, but thought i'd ask here just in case. Mostly white with black teardrops around eyes, doesn't deal with windows very well...

Acquired her when she crashed into the window about a year ago, bought a cage and a male finch to keep her company... Now i'd say he's lonely :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭suraheg

Hey guys
    He's a small tan and little bit white terrier X (more thank likely a pomXJack Russel. Hes about 4 months, still has his baby teeth. No collar. found in the lucan area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hi all,

Our ginger & white tom cat has been missing since 21st July 2010. He's 15 months old and not neutered so we're hoping he is just gone on an extended ramble and will find his way home. He's missing from the Newtown area of Maynooth. He's gone for a few days before but it's been a week now so we're getting a bit worried. He has a white body with ginger head, 'moustache', back spots and tail. We tamed him from a wild kitten so he's a bit wary of strangers, but if you see him at all please let me know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

Dolorous wrote: »
    Hi all,

Our ginger & white tom cat has been missing since 21st July 2010. He's 15 months old and not neutered so we're hoping he is just gone on an extended ramble and will find his way home. He's missing from the Newtown area of Maynooth. He's gone for a few days before but it's been a week now so we're getting a bit worried. He has a white body with ginger head, 'moustache', back spots and tail. We tamed him from a wild kitten so he's a bit wary of strangers, but if you see him at all please let me know, thanks.

My little women went missing last week, she was gone for 5 days and when she arrived home she was really thin looking and starved so i think she got locked in somewhere, so maybe you should check sheds and barns in your area incase he's been locked in, also a few years ago one of my male cats (who never goes anywhere) went missing for a weekand came back starving and skinny so i think he go locked in or traped somewhere, it just might be worth a look...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Black dog (possibly a lab puppy) found in Coolaney, Co. Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Found this dog in the Kilmoney area, Carrigaline, Cork
    If anyone knows the owner please PM me.
    Wearing a blue collar with out of service number.
    36411_138689349479757_100000160773483_398864_1562577_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Obe Wan

Black Cocker Spaniel with pink collar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

if anyone sees a male tabby knocking around sandymount can they let me know. Strand road, park ave, railway union sort of area.. he's often gone for hours but been too long now, didn't come home last night. Tabby with some white on the chest. he is microchipped and neutered.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Hey, I found a small, black, curly-haired dog (looks collie x westie) earlier tonight on Amiens St D1, opposite Connolly VEC. She'd been hit by a car, but wasn't bady injured (nasty cut above right eye, nosebleed). She was wearing a black leather-effect collar with little silver paw-prints on it; no tag.

I brought her to the out-of-hours Veterinary Hospital in UCD to get checked over and cleaned up and stitched up and whatever, and they'll leave her into the DSPCA in the morning. (I couldn't take her as I have two cats, and while she was wonderfully friendly and cuddle-wanting, I'm not sure my cats'd approve)

I have a couple of not-great photos on my phoine which I will upload when it's not 01:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Hi all,

You might want to change your dates, considering the 21st of july hasn't come yet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Hi Guys i just found a lost grey and black tabby kitten, id say she is about 8-12 weeks old. She was found in the Phoenix park this morning near the North Circular Road entrance. Ill Post pic of her later

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

Found black and white small collie cross terrier, male, oldish, hit by a car at darndale roundabout, brought to astown pound, a little sweet heart, if anyone knows who he belongs to can you contact the pound please, he just wants to go home.:rolleyes:

budgemook wrote: »
    if anyone sees a male tabby knocking around sandymount can they let me know. Strand road, park ave, railway union sort of area.. he's often gone for hours but been too long now, didn't come home last night. Tabby with some white on the chest. he is microchipped and neutered.

just want to bump with a photo
    08102009003.jpg

just want to bump with a photo
    08102009003.jpg

Put some posters around the area, within less than an hour someone rang and said they saw him in railway union. Went down, rattled his biscuits and out he came. Not a bother on him, seems he had a new house for the last few days the little bugger.

Glad you found him budgemook. I hope it's a similar situation to my fella.
    Zapperzy wrote: »
    You might want to change your dates, considering the 21st of july hasn't come yet! :D

Oops! Too late to change it now, hopefully it's pretty obvious (to most) what I meant though...

Well I had put up notices on most websites, and 2 days ago put one up on Pets.ie. I got an email last night from someone claiming to have found him, I was understandably thrilled. I soon became suspicious however, firstly it was an English number provided, and secondly because the mail seemed a bit like a generic copy & paste email (with no details specific to me). I replied saying that's great, thanks very much, and when could I collect him. To whic I received the following reply:
    Hi there,

thanks for the mail please i will like for you to tell me more about this breed if you have ever own it okay so that i may tell you more details on them and also sent to you more pics on them.here is my number feel free to call me any time asap (+44 Phone number)

thanks

This obviously alerted my spidey sense and a quick google revealed that this person(s) is selling pedigree pups, at too-good-to-be-true prices, from different locations all around the country, and in the UK! All of the puppy pictures are all obviously 'stock' footage too. The above message was an obvious cut & paste relating to selling pups and not my cat, so I replied again asking where exactly did they find my cat, and to provide photos to prove it was him.

S/he emaied back saying that they hadfound the cat in a car park in Maynooth and took him in their car. They wouldn't say which car park, and Maynooth was in the original ad. They had taken the cat home in the car apparently, even though I know for a fact that he would never have got in a car, let alone approached someone! The person travelled to NI that night and so had no option but to take the cat with them. But for the low-low price of E60 (Western Union, natch :rolleyes:), I could get the cat delivered to me tomorrow. Oh, and I also had to provide my home address and phone number :rolleyes:

Needless to say I didn't buy it, but it makes my blood boil that someone would stoop so low as to trawl through lost pet ads and prey on vulnerable people. They are obviously hoping that a person's judgement will be clouded and won't want to take a chance on losing their pet. I reported them to pets.ie but these people are on countless other sites. Even if one out of ten people believes them they will be profiting off this. I'm just in shock that people can stoop so low :(

• Advertisement

Glad you found him budgemook. I hope it's a similar situation to my fella.

Oops! Too late to change it now, hopefully it's pretty obvious (to most) what I meant though...

Well I had put up notices on most websites, and 2 days ago put one up on Pets.ie. I got an email last night from someone claiming to have found him, I was understandably thrilled. I soon became suspicious however, firstly it was an English number provided, and secondly because the mail seemed a bit like a generic copy & paste email (with no details specific to me). I replied saying that's great, thanks very much, and when could I collect him. To whic I received the following reply:

This obviously alerted my spidey sense and a quick google revealed that this person(s) is selling pedigree pups, at too-good-to-be-true prices, from different locations all around the country, and in the UK! All of the puppy pictures are all obviously 'stock' footage too. The above message was an obvious cut & paste relating to selling pups and not my cat, so I replied again asking where exactly did they find my cat, and to provide photos to prove it was him.

S/he emaied back saying that they hadfound the cat in a car park in Maynooth and took him in their car. They wouldn't say which car park, and Maynooth was in the original ad. They had taken the cat home in the car apparently, even though I know for a fact that he would never have got in a car, let alone approached someone! The person travelled to NI that night and so had no option but to take the cat with them. But for the low-low price of E60 (Western Union, natch :rolleyes:), I could get the cat delivered to me tomorrow. Oh, and I also had to provide my home address and phone number :rolleyes:

Needless to say I didn't buy it, but it makes my blood boil that someone would stoop so low as to trawl through lost pet ads and prey on vulnerable people. They are obviously hoping that a person's judgement will be clouded and won't want to take a chance on losing their pet. I reported them to pets.ie but these people are on countless other sites. Even if one out of ten people believes them they will be profiting off this. I'm just in shock that people can stoop so low :(

Bloody scumbags. Hope you get your cat back. Have you put signs up around the place?

Bloody scumbags. Hope you get your cat back. Have you put signs up around the place?

Yep, as well as the local vets and shopping centres. I'm actually almost certain I saw him running across the road earlier into another estate... little fecker's probably being fed by someone else now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I got an email last night from someone claiming to have found him,

Maybe report this to the Guards, who can contact the English police?

Yeah I think I will, from doing a bit of googling I can see that they've already scammed a few people with fraudulent 'puppies for sale' ads :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

Found a black/white lab mix puppy in Blackpool, Cork. No collar or chip. Call 0833730135 if yours :)

37457_10150219232785368_700515367_13327752_3495507_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 isdngirl

Missing Black Cat

Hi sadly my cat has gone missing - he is about 2 years old, not neutered, size is medium to large - hair is black long/medium in length. I dont know if he has a chip or not.

He has 2 collars on him
    one black flea collar and a white/tan collar with ID
    He has been missing since Wednesday night (the 23rd) last seen in the woods in Dundrum/Frankfort park. He is very friendly and likes to nap and always eat.

He is severly missed, beyond words.

Any news, even bad would be so much appreciated.

Thank you in advance
    15360868.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lostpuppy

She was found about week ago wondering around Doughiska park. She is living with my friends now as owner was not found yet. (if any owner exist). If anyone recognize that dog or is interested in giving her home, here is the add and phone number:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5789204&id=144018371254

-she is lovely, friendly with people and dogs and looks very healthy.

(of course its LABRADOR -not Lambrador) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

JRT cross (female) found in Newcastle Galway yesterday evening, approx 4/5 months old.

EDIT: add pics..

MrsDoyle.bmp

MrsDoyle2.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Hi all,

Maddie, our 4 year old King Charles went missing from our home in Duleek, Co. Meath last wednesday evening the 30th June. She is a ruby colour, is chipped and was wearing a colourful collar. We have alerted every website/shelter/wardens I can think of. If anyone can help, please contact me.

Thanks.

D93ED9BCA9B245C396F7A80F37C4080C.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Hi all!

A friend of mine found a Black lab around the student accomodation in UL, Limerick.

I dont have a pic but he said he looks like your typical black lab but that hes on the skinny side and was ravenous!

Hes been hanging around now for a few days and is starting to get comfy, so it seems he doesnt know hes lost! He knows lots of tricks and is very obedient.

Anybody know of one whos been lost for a while?
    Or the name of that all-ireland lost and found site?

Advertisement