Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Or the name of that all-ireland lost and found site?

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie and on Twitter I think it's @lostfoundpets

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Thanks a lot! I knew it was something like that but couldnt be sure! Il get him to take pics and put them up.

Can you think of anything else to put up which would identify him, other than black lab? I suppose that hes house-trained etc but i dont want him going to the wrong hands...

He hasnt been chipped.

Hm, maybe say he does tricks but not what they are. Anyway, he'll recognise his owner immediately, and won't recognise a non-owner.

Unlike cats, who can be so freaked out they don't react to their owner, but will spring out of your arms and rush into their own house, and once they're there, *then* recognise everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

OK so, Thanks!

il pass on all the info! I do hope his owners are found.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭swanangel

Hi Guys,

My Dad's Lovebird went missing (out the window) last night (07/07/2010) in the Citywest/Tallaght area.
    He's very people friendly and might just fly into someone's house we hope.
    Cash reward offered for his safe return.

PM me if fouud.

Picture attached not of him, but of the type of bird that he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Tootle

Hi All,

I found a tiny ginger kitten in Oranmore in one of the estates today. If anyone knows who owns it, can they PM me. One of the shelters is going to take it Tomorow or Tuesday if I have no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Hi,

My friend's King Charles is missing since Sunday evening. He was lost around the North Gate Bridge / Popes Quay area in Cork City. There was a possible sighting of him heading up Cathedral Road on Sunday night but there has been no information since then. He's 2 years old, neutered, has brown and white markings and was wearing a blue collar with orange stars. She is offering a reward if found.

Any information would be great. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

Cross-posting...

Last night (July 13th) at 20.30, Max was taken. He was tied up on his lead outside a café called Riva located on the junction of Rathgar Avenue and Harold's Cross road. A number of people saw a homeless man untie his lead and take him.
    Jack, Alison, Matilda and Gwen are very upset, and really desperate to get Max back. He is a complete legend, who makes regular appearances in the Mediacontact.ie offices. He loves spotting cats from the window. He is also a cherished family pet, and they really need to get him back.
    There will be a reward for whoever returns him.
    So if you see a funny looking dog with black curly hair on your travels through Dublin please let us know on (01) 473 2050. He is a Lakeland terrier and his thick curly hair looks a bit like a home perm, but it's all natural!

max.jpg

@campervan - a friend who works in the area of mental health said you could ask Simon Community etc to look out for your dog when they're doing their soup run. She said it sounds like someone who isn't very well, and just saw the dog and said "Oh, there's a lovely dog left there for me".

Edit - Oh, he's been found, I see! http://www.mediacontact.ie/blog/2010/07/14/max-has-been-found-thanks-to-everyone-for-all-your-help/

Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Black & White cat hit by car found at St Laurence's Pk Stillorgan
    Hey guys,

Just in case anyone knows it or it's owner (long shot I know) we found a b&w older male (i think) cat that was hit by a car at St Laurence's Park Stillorgan. We took it to the UCD veterinary hospital, but unfortunately all they could do was put him to sleep. He didn't suffer much due to the trauma, so if anyone knows the owner I'd appreciate it if you could let them know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 endarally

Missing

Sorry its my first post but posting this for a friend

A friend of mine's 2 boxer dogs were taken from their house in Clifoney Co. Sligo on the 13th of july

At this stage they are desperate to find them as like most dogs they are part of the family.

Paddy 7 and Arthur 2

Both dogs are microchipped and neither have been neutered.

If anybody is offered a Boxer dog for sale or for stud please be vigilant.
    Please look closely at the photos as the dogs may have been parted.

All efforts will be rewarded.

Contact Robbie 0863593068

Thank you.

34981_130143407027829_130139667028203_141305_6281025_n.jpg
    34981_130143410361162_130139667028203_141306_2599205_n.jpg
    38167_130140380361465_130139667028203_141288_3264991_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Hi guys,

this morning when I looked out of the window I saw a cat under the window looking at me. She was very friendly. She came up to me and rubbed against me. So my boyfriend decided to feed her. She looks stray but because she is such a friendly cat I think she belongs to someone and just got lost somewhere and could never find her way home.
    It looks like she got caught in a fence or something because one both sides about in the middle is a bit of coat missing... I dont know if somebody cut it off or something... Because she is so friendly I feel sorry for leaving her out there.

So is anyone missing a cat in the Sligo area? I think she/he is about 1 year old. She is not wearing a collar.

Find 3 photos below.

6b867337.jpg

06a6a127.jpg

dc78a352.jpg

I would be delighted if someone could response. I dont know if it is a female or a male cat but I guess it is a female cat. Even if someone could raise her again that would be great. I already have 2 cats who are brothers so unfortunately I cant keep her/him.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭kikililly

Hi Everybody

my cockatiel got loose last night in Donaghmede Dublin (23/07/10) His name is Franky, he is handreared and really tame. The last we saw of him was over towards Kilbarrack train station. If anybody hears anything I'd really appreciate if they contacted me. He is Grey and Yellow.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

My Cockatiel managed to get out the door today in Tallaght. He was last seen flying around in Tymon but we lost him there. He's very friendly and we're hoping he landed in someones garden.

He's grey/yellow.

Any info, pm me please. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

i put a message on the greystones forum but thought i should write here too. 3 lads in a white honda civic pulled up outside my house this afternoon and dumped a female black/brown/golden coated yorkshire terrier ( i think she is quite old) and drove off. we obviously took her in as its a sunday night and nobody from any rescue agency is available but we have a baby and under my lease i'm not allowed pets so we cant really keep her. if anyone knows who her owner is - i'm hoping that wasnt them dumping her! - please call me, I dont mind putting my number on this thread 087 6881504

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Black and White
    She probably got lost - we are only in the place about 2 months

PLease PM if found

Lost in Latchford to be exact

659006_photo-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Janine87 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

this morning when I looked out of the window I saw a cat under the window looking at me. She was very friendly. She came up to me and rubbed against me. So my boyfriend decided to feed her. She looks stray but because she is such a friendly cat I think she belongs to someone and just got lost somewhere and could never find her way home.
    It looks like she got caught in a fence or something because one both sides about in the middle is a bit of coat missing... I dont know if somebody cut it off or something... Because she is so friendly I feel sorry for leaving her out there.

So is anyone missing a cat in the Sligo area? I think she/he is about 1 year old. She is not wearing a collar.

Find 3 photos below.

6b867337.jpg

06a6a127.jpg

dc78a352.jpg

I would be delighted if someone could response. I dont know if it is a female or a male cat but I guess it is a female cat. Even if someone could raise her again that would be great. I already have 2 cats who are brothers so unfortunately I cant keep her/him.

Yesterday I found a lost ad on the Sligo animal rescue website. The cat looked very similar to the one that we found. We contacted the owner and he came this morning to take a look at it. Unfortunately he thinks it is not his cat but he took him anyways because he knows someone who is minding cats who are stray or got lost. So he has a safe home now anyways and gets taken care of! :)

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    My Cockatiel managed to get out the door today in Castle Park in Tallaght. He was last seen flying around in Tymon but we lost him there. He's very friendly and we're hoping he landed in someones garden.

He's grey/yellow.

Any info, pm me please. :(

The Ray darcy show called out my email for my cocatiel thats lost and somebody said they saw a small parrott in rathfarnam yesterday i think, it could be your one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

kikililly wrote: »
    The Ray darcy show called out my email for my cocatiel thats lost and somebody said they saw a small parrott in rathfarnam yesterday i think, it could be your one!!

Thanks, our neighbour called to tell us. We've rang the show but we were only put onto voicemail. Hopefully we'll hear something.

Good luck in finding yours :)

EDIT: Got in Contact with this woman. From her description, the bird sounds like a lovebird type. She said it was green, orange beak with an orange patch on the back of it's head I think. She was able to feed it grapes from her hand.
    It's sitting in her garden in the Rathfarnam area.

Not a cocatiel anyway, my one only eats seeds and occasionally pop corn!
    Good luck, hope you find him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Lovebird missing from CityWest/Tallaght

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67097704

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Buneoig

There is a large black dog who looks lost in Renville woods in Oranmore / Maree area of County Galway. He has a red collar. Hope his owner see's this :/

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

While walking on Claremont Beach Howth, (6.00 this evening) came across a large black male great dane accompanied by a small white bichon/poodle male. Tried to get them home but no success and they were last spotted around Findlaters. Very friendly and seem quite young, collar on the great Dane but no tag with number. If anyone knows the owner, please let them know that dogs are in the Howth Barbour vicinity.

My friend in Ashford, Co. Wicklow has lost a small terrier since late last night - from Facebook - any sightings or any info appreciated - she's distraught.

Mo went missing in the early hours of Thursday July 29th 2010 from our home in Coynes Cross, Ashford, Co. Wicklow. She is about 15 and nearly blind but otherwise in good health. She never wanders more than a few feet from our side and therefore we are really worried. We have searched all of our grounds and the local area and it's now been more than 12 hours. Please contact us if you see her or hear of any dogs that have been found. She is not wearing her collar as she has just had a bath but she is microchipped. My heart is breaking as she is my baby and I cant go on not knowing what has happened to her.

mo1.jpg

mo2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

Our cat is MIA since Monday in the Pinecroft estate of Grange, Co Cork.

She's all black, and wearing a red leather collar with silver paw prints on it. She's around 4 years old, and answers to the name of Kobi. Unfortunately she managed to lose her tag this weekend, so has no tag on her collar. She is microchipped, but as her chip is French, our details won't come up in the database.

Is anyone has seen her, or has information about her please get in touch, it's very unusual for her to stay out and not come home to sleep and see us. :(

4792604029_50e4eef367_z.jpg

She is microchipped, but as her chip is French, our details won't come up in the database.

As far as I know, those microchips are trans-European. Maybe you could contact http://www.fido.ie and give them the barcode number of the chip and your current address, and contact the company that set up her microchip and give them your current address too?

She's almost certainly within a few houses of you - ask local people to look in their barns and garages and sheds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Tabby 5 months old,male missing from crann nua.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Found this little fella on 2 Aug in Timoleague Co Cork.
    He was wearing a red collar and had been recently trimmed.
    He is missing a few of his front bottom teeth and his legs are not the best.
    I would love to be able to reunite him with his owner (I have 2 dogs myself and don't know how I would cope if one of them went missing).
    Please PM me if you recognise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Found a very cute kitten just outside Longwood in Co. Meath. It seems to have had a home before, as it appears healthy and friendly.
    It has a stripy grey pattern on it back with a few patches of white on its paws and face. Has a pink nose and it's a young kitten.

PM if you are/know the owner. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bearpup

Black Lab (he is a cross bred but looks very like a full black lab). Missing since yesterday afternoon from the Manor Kilbride area of Wicklow (near Blessington). He is around 7 years old. If anyone has seen him please pm me.

Advertisement