Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mebonadea

Found:
    Yellow Lab, Male, [older dog ~ 10?], possible mixed breed.
    Dog found walking in busy intersection near St. Vincent's hospital. Red cloth collar with Paw prints, no name tag or microchip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jwren

00112984 wrote: »
    Saw this thread on the Dublin City Forum and wanted to repost here just in case-
    Hey Ive had a brown and white husky missing/stolen from me since 26th sep he is of two years of age! can you send me a photo of the dog you found my email is jwren_86@hotmail.com or my num is 0877855565 thanks jen

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Legen_Dary

My mum has found a golden lab in Maynooth. Around 2 - 3 yo. Lovely nature. Not chipped or reported lost but in excellent condition. Collar but no tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ainekeating86

Hey All,

Hope someone might be able to help..this is my first time using this site!!

My German Pointer ran away on Sunday, we think he got a fright from fireworks. He is solid brown/male/7 years old. Went missing in the Gaybrook/Mullingar Area. His name is Sam and he is friendly and lovely dog.

If anybody finds/see him can you please contact 0872982194

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

Friend of mine is missing his dog from the Ballinasloe area on Friday night
    answers to Trigger if anyone sees him please pm me.

73508_1663008257167_1296038478_1805041_8387902_s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Looking for help,
    My parents dog went missing on 31/10 in the Artane/Beaumont area.
    White Japeness Spitz bitch(white medium/small cute), approx age 6 years.
    Would be thankful for any help or information on who I can contact ie. Dog pound.
    Thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Looking for help,
    My parents dog went missing on 31/10 in the Artane/Beaumont area.
    White Japeness Spitz bitch(white medium/small cute), approx age 6 years.
    Would be thankful for any help or information on who I can contact ie. Dog pound.
    Thankyou

I've just sent you a PM - somebody on Dog Training Irleland's facebook found a jap spitz - http://www.facebook.com/DogTrainingIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hey All,

Hope someone might be able to help..this is my first time using this site!!

My German Pointer ran away on Sunday, we think he got a fright from fireworks. He is solid brown/male/7 years old. Went missing in the Gaybrook/Mullingar Area. His name is Sam and he is friendly and lovely dog.

If anybody finds/see him can you please contact 0872982194

Thank you

Do you have a pic in case it appears in Rochfortbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

tk123 wrote: »
    I've just sent you a PM - somebody on Dog Training Irleland's facebook found a jap spitz - http://www.facebook.com/DogTrainingIreland

Thanks for all your help I think I found the dog:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help I think I found the dog:)

Thats great news!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Bruscar

Found:

Black Lab, male, we think two or three years old.
    Walking on (dark) road between Corrandulla and Claregalway. Checked with some houses where we found him and noone knew him.
    He is friendly and in good condition. No collar. Will check with vet tomorrow about chip/age.
    Note: In the pic the collar is ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

A little terrier was seen on the Straffan road for a week and finally cought in Celbridge.She is said to be very sweet and missing someone.Here is a picture,if anyone thinks they know the dog or owners please pm me ASAP.Thanks x
    76956_10150115186504408_644919407_7824135_2333076_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

patmac wrote: »
    Friend of mine is missing his dog from the Ballinasloe area on Friday night
    answers to Trigger if anyone sees him please pm me.

73508_1663008257167_1296038478_1805041_8387902_s.jpg
    Unfortunately Trigger was found dead on the side of the road, so not a happy ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 helenofpoi

My 18th month old neutered female tabby (grey and black striped) cat has been missing since Thursday 4th November. Her name is Tama. She was last seen in Blackpitts, Dublin 8. She has poor eyesight, and as such gets easily lost and confused - she's been missing overnight before, but never for this long.

Any info would be much appreciated - all my neighbours have been contacted, and back yards explored, and signs put up, but so far to no avail. She has a slightly wonky nose, as per the photo below, and was not wearing a collar. Please pm with any leads,

Thanks,

Helen

Picture030.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DogFound

UPDATE: he was reunited with his owner today :)

Hi all, I found this little guy on Monday morning the 8th November in Moylaragh, Balbriggan. He was wandering around and has no collar and is not chipped. He is very friendly and playful.
    11j9bhf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

FOUND: Black and White Cat, female, about 7-10 years old. B/W face, white throat and chest, white socks on hind legs, white tips on front paws. White whiskers and pink nose. Medium size. Not chipped, seems to be neutered. Found in Enniskerry, Wicklow, has been lost since at least the summer.

This lovely cat appeared around August. We'd assumed she was from the road as there are a number of cats about and that she was just taking refuge in the garden as we did see her wandering from house to house. We asked on the road and no one seemed to own her, so we took it she was a moocher.

We had a quite anti-cat dog until recently so hadn't paid her much attention except for feeding her. On the halloween weekend (after our dog had been pts) we brought her into the house because of the fireworks and immediately realised she was a pet cat that is very used to (and probably needs to be) indoors. She loves to sit on your lap and purr.

She's been to the vet and has been wormed and de-flea'ed and has been given an anti-biotic for some gum disease and a minor cough. She's due to go back for vaccinations and blood tests.

This cat definitely has a home. She's a lovely cat, very smart, loves attention - likes nothing more than to be sitting on your lap. She's reluctantly living outside right now - while we can bring her in during the evenings, at night and during the day she has to live outside. We can't give her what she needs long term, would love to find her real home, but if not perhaps she could be rehomed.

5162021501_01c4df41aa_m.jpg

5162624490_8f9864a187.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ozzy2010

Sunday 7th November 2010 small Jack Russell Terrier gone missing in Wicklow Mountains National Park - Kevin's way valley above Glendalough Upper Lake. He is 1year old, white & brown collor, 5.5kg. He has collar on his neck and body (as seen on attached picture) and is microchipped.
    If you have any information about him please contact Petra 086 247 1963.
    Reward for his return.

Ozzy1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Partially blind westie found in Leixlip.Please contact PAWS if you are the owner or know who the owner is x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spookhunter

Saturday 13th November 2010 - Ticknock Forest - found a lovely entire male tricolour collie approx 18 months - 2 years. No microchip or collar. At first he was very timid but is now eating well and has a companion - our dog.. likes watching TV and going for walks... Has very distinguished markings... the Gardai, DSPCA, Pounds, vets and local shops in area have been notified.... this dog KNOWS Ticknock forest. Please pm me if you know of anybody missing this lovely animal OR contact Stepaside Dundrum Rathfarnham Gardai, the DSPCA or Pound. If he is yours.. he's okay... but would love to be back home!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Was out walking my own yellow lab and this lad followed me home (well probably followed my dog)

He's wearing a black collar no tag and is trim but has a large head. Mid yellow colour neither light nor dark.

Friendly but trying it on with mine and doesnt know "sit". Seems very lost and unsure.

73851_816217017527_13605750_45732032_742741_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Legen_Dary

Legen_Dary wrote: »
    My mum has found a golden lab in Maynooth. Around 2 - 3 yo. Lovely nature. Not chipped or reported lost but in excellent condition. Collar but no tag.

UPDATE: Owner was not found but Mum couldn't keep him any longer ( We have a German Shepard who is a rescue and the dog was eating her food)
    She was worried we'd have to send him to the pound as all the charitys were full. He is now temporarily living with me untill he moves to a new permanent home on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭baileye

EDIT: he was found, near the city centre of all places!

My mum's dog has gone missing from Clonskeagh, Mount Merrion area in Dublin. He is a black cross, with white on his chest, snout and paws. I don't think he was wearing his collar (which is red) as he had just been washed. He is a medium-large dog, with long legs! He is neutered, has no chip, is two years old with shaggy hair.

His hair is longer than in the attached pic.

He is very missed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MunsterKelly

Hi everyone

Yesterday we found a dog outside our home in Ballyforan, Co. Roscommon. With the severe weather and the fact that he would have been without food and water, we took him in and contacted the necessary people ie. the Guards at Roscommon Garda Station, the Roscommon SPCA and the Roscommon Dog Warden.

Hes a black terrier type dog with brown hair to his paws and a little under his head. He also has a white strip on his chest and on his bum too! He has a large heavy tail! He also seems to have had previous damage to his front left paw which seems to have healed pointing slightly outward.

He had no collar or dog tag.

He is very friendly, has a deep bark (not yappy!) and is not house trained, as we found out this morning! :) He also does not respond to commands such as 'sit' etc.

We have a 'Found' advert on the Ros SPCA website here which also features his picture - http://roscommonspca.ie/?p=637

Our contact details are on that ad too.

Thank you for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thatdaden80

Brown tabby found in Terenure, I think the cat is roughly 1 year old, she has a pink collar with a pink bow, very friendly and house trained. please contact us if you have lost this cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 helenofpoi

Updated: found after 2 weeks in the grounds of my local school - ISPCA had been called, but a teacher saw my sign in the local shop, so luckily they called me too. She's lost a lot of weight, and is pretty subdued, but overall almost as happy to see me as I am to see her :)
    helenofpoi wrote: »
    My 18th month old neutered female tabby (grey and black striped) cat has been missing since Thursday 4th November. Her name is Tama. She was last seen in Blackpitts, Dublin 8. She has poor eyesight, and as such gets easily lost and confused - she's been missing overnight before, but never for this long.

Any info would be much appreciated - all my neighbours have been contacted, and back yards explored, and signs put up, but so far to no avail. She has a slightly wonky nose, as per the photo below, and was not wearing a collar. Please pm with any leads,

Thanks,

Helen

Picture030.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

Found running around scared and confused in Tescos car park in Wicklow Town this evening around 6pm...she nearly ran out under a car so I picked her up. She had a collar on but no tags. No one came looking for her so after about 15 mins of standing around Tescos with her I took her home.

She's a very small Jack Russell type dog. Solid tan colour with shades of black. No white.

LittleLostDog.jpg

Local vet couldn't find a microchip. He also said she has her adult teeth but is a young dog.

She seemed hungry but she was clean and dry when I picked her up so I doubt she's been straying for long.

She's very friendly playful little thing. A bit unsure of my two lads at first but is grand now. She's currently asleep on my lap. Has firmly attached herself to me and cries if I leave the room.

Have left a description and my contact details with Wicklow Gardai, Wicklow Vet Clinic and am about to email the WSPCA and ASH. Anyone have any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 HeatherG

I lost my dog in the week coming up to Halloween. I am still going around searching for her putting up posters etc. She's on all the websites and still no one has come forward to say they have found her.

I will put up another pic of her if anyone on thread could keep a look out for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Hi Everyone,

A friends samoyed called "Buddy" went missing on Wednesday night this week.
    He's about 7 months old and has a black colalr saying proud to be adopted.
    He went missing from the Grenagh area in Cork and and was since sighted in Killeens. If anyone sees him could they please call 086-1582774.
    He's very much missed by his family.

I will try to update with a photo as soon as I can.

Thank you all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Female pointer found in Loughrea, Co Galway.

Please PM if you know this dog..

IMG_0311[1].jpg

IMG_0314[1].jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Found (possibly abandoned) in Celbridge area on 22/11/2010.

Female Springer Spaniel. Very friendly temperament. May have just had a litter of pups. Had her scanned at the vets and there was no tag found. In good health, perhaps a little under weight.

Get in touch via PM if you know her.

Advertisement