Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

budgemook wrote: »
    I mentioned before that it looks like a cat I see around Sandymount but I have seen that cat a few times since replying to your original post.
    guess its not him so, this cat is pretty lazy!
    budgemook wrote: »
    Do you let the cat out at all? My cat got lost before and when I found him someone had put a collar on him with a little note saying they weren't sure if he was stray and were feeding him and left their phone number on it. Could be a good idea. That way, if you do let the cat out, and it finds its way home you will know.
    I let him out every night and for a few hours a day sometimes, the cat goes around the brushes and out front haven't seen him going very far and always comes back. I saw him sleeping in a bush in our garden one night so doubt he knows his way home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Zapperzy wrote: »

Thanks a mill for those links Zappery but am delighted to say dog has been reuinted with his owners! 3 delighted young children this afternoon when they got him back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Laurar799

Missing
    1 year old Siberian Husky.
    Fawn and white, very small with brown/yellow eyes
    Only after having Pups. So very recognisable
    Please return her to her 3 week old puppies.
    Family pet. Realy missed
    REWARD OFFERED
    Contact Laura on 0834341964

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Laurar799

Missing
    1 year old Siberian Husky.
    Fawn and white, very small with brown/yellow eyes
    Only after having Pups. So very recognisable
    Please return her to her 3 week old puppies.
    Family pet. Realy missed
    REWARD OFFERED
    Contact Laura on 0834341964

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jaki mccarrick

Hello Serenacat - RE THE GORGEOUS GINGER cat

- if you have a look on the www.lostandfound.ie website (NOT the facebook lost and found)

around 16.12.2010 in the lost column - there is a ginger cat quite similar lost in Howth.

Worth a shot.

And remember - if you see a large male black cat with some white markings - socks, nose, white stripe on leg - let us know. It might be our missing IGGY. For some reason I don't think he's dead. Missing about 6 weeks now.

jaki_mac@hotmail.com

• Advertisement

Hello Serenacat - RE THE GORGEOUS GINGER cat

- if you have a look on the www.lostandfound.ie website (NOT the facebook lost and found)

around 16.12.2010 in the lost column - there is a ginger cat quite similar lost in Howth.

Worth a shot.

And remember - if you see a large male black cat with some white markings - socks, nose, white stripe on leg - let us know. It might be our missing IGGY. For some reason I don't think he's dead. Missing about 6 weeks now.

jaki_mac@hotmail.com

Thanks I'm having a look at more photos now and comparing the two
    I called a woman a minute ago about a cat in navan that looked like this one and has the same description but she said even if it was her cat she doesnt want it anymore as she has a dog now and the dog hates cats, was quite surprising so hopefully its not the same cat!

Good luck, Serenacat.

Can you believe someone saying they don't want their cat anymore?

God help the new dog when that woman gets bored of him!

I am always looking on the sites for my cat. I think the snow in December messed a lot of cats up - a lot of them got lost and I think the scent home might have been messed up for them, too.

Your ginger is a big sweetie, though.

Good luck, Serenacat.

Can you believe someone saying they don't want their cat anymore?

God help the new dog when that woman gets bored of him!

I am always looking on the sites for my cat. I think the snow in December messed a lot of cats up - a lot of them got lost and I think the scent home might have been messed up for them, too.

Your ginger is a big sweetie, though.

I couldn't believe it no! That was the last reaction I expected, I'll only call when I am 90% sure I guess. The one in howth that looks a bit similar but is way smaller, seems unlikely this cat gained so much weight since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kelynda

Found Female Jack Russel in Aylesbury Tallaght,well i think she is a jack russel,but I guess she is mixed.She is very friendly and playful.she was found on Friday 21-01-11,If you think it can be yours please email me: kpovile@yahoo.co.uk

Kelynda wrote: »
    Found Female Jack Russel in Aylesbury Tallaght,well i think she is a jack russel,but I guess she is mixed.She is very friendly and playful.she was found on Friday 21-01-11,If you think it can be yours please email me: kpovile@yahoo.co.uk
    you should take a photo, it could help for quick scrolling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mokox

A female snow-white cat appeared since few weeks before Christmas 2010 in Our Lady's Island/Broadway area, Co.Wexford. She's been looking for her owner or a loving home to settle in. We already have several cats, so we cannot take her. So please help! She's got green eyes, and NOT deaf. Young-ish, friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭keaves

Found

The OH found a dog today in palmerstown, in the laneway near the garage (shell?) along n4.
    no decent photos just yet, but he looks like a Jack Russell Terrier (Rough) crossed with a basset hound?? he's black and white very shaggy and very quite vet thinks hes about 6 or 7.
    will update with photos asap

charliel.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

charlie2k.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 John Red.

Hey all,

Nearly two weeks ago my dog got out and unfortunatel couldn't make his way back. I live outside Athy Co Kildare, to the south of the town. The dog was spotted several times in Kilkea for a few days after his dissapearance, but by the Saturday, he wasn't seen after.

Until last Saturaday where he was possibly sighted outside Ballitore, on the small Dunlavin road, but by the time we got there, no sign of anything.

Hopefully, the dog is still well, and anyone in the South Kildare vicinity if you see him, it would be appreciated if you notify me..

The dog is a male Alsatian, with a enclosed picture of him a few year's ago, and he still looks the same..

Thank you.
    2rd9nkm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'd be getting onto the pound quicksmart if I were you. Don't just take their word for it either, go down and look for yourself. Have you contacted the warden, put posters up in the Garda Stations, shops, etc?

Dog Pound, Portersize, Ballitore, Co. Kildare. Telephone 059 8623388 (Operated for Kildare County Council)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Found a yellow Bellied Turtle recently and he needs a home please.

I think its an adult healthy and lively but he needs a proper heated aquarium urgently.

I only have him in cold water in a plastic container hopefully someone out there can take him?

turtle002.th.jpg

turtle003.th.jpg

Hello Serena cat -

re THE GINGER -

I was looking on the cats aid website (again for my own missing moggy) and

saw a cat a bit like the one you have:

http://www.catsaid.org/lost_and_found/lost_found_cats.html

you might need to scroill down, Dec. 18th, Swords, the cat's name is mauw I think.

Worth a shot.

Jaki

Hello Serena cat -

re THE GINGER -

I was looking on the cats aid website (again for my own missing moggy) and

saw a cat a bit like the one you have:

http://www.catsaid.org/lost_and_found/lost_found_cats.html

you might need to scroill down, Dec. 18th, Swords, the cat's name is mauw I think.

Worth a shot.

Jaki

Hi, I saw that cat and you're right it looks very like the cat i found. However that cat is a she!! otherwise I would have called them, the vet told me the cat is a male and is not very nervous either. Thanks for looking out. I was very tempted to call and say 'are you sure your cat is female?'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

John Red. wrote: »
    Hey all,

Nearly two weeks ago my dog got out and unfortunatel couldn't make his way back. I live outside Athy Co Kildare, to the south of the town. The dog was spotted several times in Kilkea for a few days after his dissapearance, but by the Saturday, he wasn't seen after.

Until last Saturaday where he was possibly sighted outside Ballitore, on the small Dunlavin road, but by the time we got there, no sign of anything.

Hopefully, the dog is still well, and anyone in the South Kildare vicinity if you see him, it would be appreciated if you notify me..

The dog is a male Alsatian, with a enclosed picture of him a few year's ago, and he still looks the same..

Thank you.
    2rd9nkm.jpg

Hi John,
    I have family in that area. Will ask them to keep an eye out. What's the dogs name?

Call into shops in the village and ask them to keep an ear/eye out, if you have a poster put it up in the shops.

Hope you find him.

His name is Jay KildareEash..

A few sightings in the last two days, all in different area's. One near Moone, and one in Ballycullane Co. kildare, on the Athy to Castledermot road, which was more than likely him. Once again no luck with our searches. And the frustrating thing is, if it was seen him on that road, he's 5 minutes from my house, so close, but yet so far...its killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

A very, very hurt dog came out of Raheny Dart Station this morning. It had blood all over its head and had bloodshot eyes - it was a large white dog (not good with breeds).

I was told it had its head clipped by a passing train.

EDIT: Where else can I post this by the way? In case the owners (if there are owners) are looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Ailishcrehan

god love the dog...has he been treated by the vet and can you hold on to him? You can post it on FB or if you want to give me the details, I can post it for you on my face book page (Last Hope Animal Charity). You can post it on www.irishanimals.ie www.lostdogs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

god love the dog...has he been treated by the vet and can you hold on to him? You can post it on FB or if you want to give me the details, I can post it for you on my face book page (Last Hope Animal Charity). You can post it on www.irishanimals.ie www.lostdogs.ie

I put it on my FB for what it was worth - I think the station manager rang it in.

I'll check out those sites - his head was really bad but he was still wandering about with his tounge out at speed. I just really hope it knew its way home. I have a horrible feeling of it wandering around the village looking for somewhere to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

nadey wrote: »
    our little dog went missing last night in tallaght his wearing a collar with a tiny bell on it , his name is harvey very small he is a mixed dog half yorkie half chihuahua sandy coloured hair please if anyone has seen him pm asap

Harvey has been found tonight :D i actually gave up hope and thought he was gone forever and now he's coming home

so you didn't catch him? Jesus, hope he is okay, poor poor dog...do you know what direction he went or what happened after you seen him?

TO KILDAREASH -

Check out http://www.lostdogs.ie/found-dogs/

on one of the pages there are two German Shepherds found in meath - they don't include a photo.

Also the flickr.com/lost-found-pets-Ireland site groups all/most photos from the different websites of lost animals in Ireland together so you can more easily see if your pet is found. But it doesn't include all photos/details - just a lot. Wish we had a more co-ordinated database for lost animals - it should be de rigeur to feed into it - that way people know where to look.

Put the dog on Facebook too. You need as many pet detectives as you can get.

Jaki

Check them out too.

Jaki, I think you mean me lol..

And thanks for the links, but the german shepards in meath were found before my fella got out...

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭karlos11

Hi there.

"Giggsy" was let out on Saturday morning, Jan. 29th in COOLDRINAGH LANE, Leixlip - near Becketts Restaurant. He's black and white (pretty much the double of the Felix cat on the ads) and neutered. He has a red collar with an ID tag on it and is only 7 months old.

Please let me know if you see him. We're very worried. We've been letting him out since he got neutered and he has never ventured far from the door and has always been close by when we call him in. It's been 2 days now and we're fearing the worst.

Thanks.

in relation to the dog possibly hit by the train...after numerous phonecalls, it wouild appear that the station has received no reports about a dog being hit by a train, there was a large race on in Raheny yesterday so the area was swamped with people, guards etc, so if this dog was hit, I am sure someone would have seen something but nobody has seen/heard a thing...not the guards, not the train station staff etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Work email there (Cork city) - "Dog found in Lee Fields on Friday afternoon. Female Boxer cross 1-2 years. Brown with white chest, white tip to (undocked) tail. Don’t think she’s spayed. Very good natured and obedient."

Trying to get a pic now, pm me if it sounds like yours.

• Advertisement

Dear Serenacat,

For some very bizarre reason I remembered this piece of trivia in the middle of the night. Someone had told me that nearly always a totally ginger cat is
    MALE.

I found something about it online:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070902110426AA6g4O2

So maybe it is actually worth calling that Swords person re the gender of the missing cat! Maybe even the site made a mistake.

Jaki

Advertisement