Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JaneyJ

My friend's 2 year old male bichon frise has been missing since yesterday (8 Feb) from the Balbriggan / Naul area.

He is neutered and chipped.

Here's a photo of him

Photo0149.jpg

Any info, please contact me.

Thanks

Jane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jaki mccarrick

Yes Serena Cat,
    it's a tough one - BUT - I for instance am looking ACTIVELY for my Iggy for 8 weeks. His photo is everywhere on the sites and I've posters up and a long-standing ad in a local newspaper - yet it's still totally possible someone is feeding him and isn't aware of all my looking never mind my mental anguish!! I've been to see 8 lookalikes, travelled any amount of miles here and there, spent weeks looking, and it could still be possible (if he's alive that is) that someone else thinks he's just abandoned!!

So - if I were you, I'd keep plugging to find owner - though of course it's very possible he has been abandoned. I think it must be as hard to FIND an animal as it is to LOSE one. That's why I wish there was more of a co-ordinated data base in Ireland for lost and found pets - each site does their own thing - though it would be great if ALL national info was processed on one site.

Flickr is good though, it picks up a lot of photos.

Maybe just hang back on the chipping - it might be a bit soon. I have three cats and the only one I hadn't chipped was the one that went missing. I am sooo annoyed at myself about that - I just kept putting it off in the back of mind. I wouldn't mind but I spent 800 euro on Iggy's front legs being sewn back on after a car accident - and yet didn't think to chip him for 30 euro!!

Anyway - you are brilliant to look after him but hold out for the owner a little bit as they may be devastated and not have a clue about where to look - they may well be older and not have access to internet etc.

Hope that's not too annoying advice for you.

All the best,

Jaki

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

Yes Serena Cat,
    it's a tough one - BUT - I for instance am looking ACTIVELY for my Iggy for 8 weeks. His photo is everywhere on the sites and I've posters up and a long-standing ad in a local newspaper - yet it's still totally possible someone is feeding him and isn't aware of all my looking never mind my mental anguish!! I've been to see 8 lookalikes, travelled any amount of miles here and there, spent weeks looking, and it could still be possible (if he's alive that is) that someone else thinks he's just abandoned!!

So - if I were you, I'd keep plugging to find owner - though of course it's very possible he has been abandoned. I think it must be as hard to FIND an animal as it is to LOSE one. That's why I wish there was more of a co-ordinated data base in Ireland for lost and found pets - each site does their own thing - though it would be great if ALL national info was processed on one site.

Flickr is good though, it picks up a lot of photos.

Maybe just hang back on the chipping - it might be a bit soon. I have three cats and the only one I hadn't chipped was the one that went missing. I am sooo annoyed at myself about that - I just kept putting it off in the back of mind. I wouldn't mind but I spent 800 euro on Iggy's front legs being sewn back on after a car accident - and yet didn't think to chip him for 30 euro!!

Anyway - you are brilliant to look after him but hold out for the owner a little bit as they may be devastated and not have a clue about where to look - they may well be older and not have access to internet etc.

Hope that's not too annoying advice for you.

All the best,

Jaki
    No thank you I wanted honest opinions and will hold off for microchipping for awhile. but how long is appropriate?

Jaki if they are older, how can I reach them?

I was thinking about this one.

And I thought what if Serena had not microchipped him and he ran away again - the likelihood of finding another caring Serena would be very rare. SO - what if you contact your local radio station - I got mentions on two of mine for free - put out your found cat notice, 'beautiful ginger' etc - and then put a couple of posters in POST OFFICE and main supermarket and library, wait a couple of weeks and THEN microchip him, but with view to understanding that even after you do, some crying old lady or man might be knocking on your door. I'd say you'd just have to feel their pain and give him back in that instance. If that happened you'd just have to play it by ear - you'd be able to tell a heartbroken pet owner from a chancer I'm sure.

So hope that helps. Try a bit of non-internet looking for the possibility it's an older person who owns cat (he looks very loved) and if you get nowhere microchip him for his own safety then see what happens after that.

You sound like the perfect pet owner and it's quite possible you were meant to be this cat's new mum - but first his previous mum may well be still looking so give it a couple more weeks I'd say.

All the best -

speak soon,

Jaki

I was thinking about this one.

And I thought what if Serena had not microchipped him and he ran away again - the likelihood of finding another caring Serena would be very rare. SO - what if you contact your local radio station - I got mentions on two of mine for free - put out your found cat notice, 'beautiful ginger' etc - and then put a couple of posters in POST OFFICE and main supermarket and library, wait a couple of weeks and THEN microchip him, but with view to understanding that even after you do, some crying old lady or man might be knocking on your door. I'd say you'd just have to feel their pain and give him back in that instance. If that happened you'd just have to play it by ear - you'd be able to tell a heartbroken pet owner from a chancer I'm sure.

So hope that helps. Try a bit of non-internet looking for the possibility it's an older person who owns cat (he looks very loved) and if you get nowhere microchip him for his own safety then see what happens after that.

You sound like the perfect pet owner and it's quite possible you were meant to be this cat's new mum - but first his previous mum may well be still looking so give it a couple more weeks I'd say.

All the best -

speak soon,

Jaki
    Thanks so much for your message you have definitely motivated me to start putting it out there on local noticeboards etc.
    The more I think about it the more i think it must be an older person's pet as it is too tame too be a stray and has been neutered. Maybe they don't have any grandchildren to look online for them.
    Thanks for the advice the sooner the cat gets returned the better as the longer I have the cat the more it is becomming part of the family and the harder it will be to give away.
    I am definitely going to try your suggestions, I hope you find your kitty too.
    ps i was thinking today that older people love the wireless and it would be a good way of getting through.
    Which station did you call? Do you leave your number with station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Hi

Has anyone any info on a male jack russel tan and white 1 yr old. Last seen on 03/01/11 in Corbally area.He has a distinguished tan hearty on his side and pointed ears. Much loved and missed pet. Reward offered

I have attached a photo

Call Brennans Vetinary in Hawkfield, I was in there on wednesday and i thought i overheard something about a jack russell terrier similar description to your. The sports center in newbridge have had a few dogs dumped there lately, I'm in the Greatconnell and newbridge area so i'll keep an eye out. (my own guy went missing for a few days but was found, luckily enough) hope you find him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

January wrote: »
    Miniature Jack Russell Pup missing from MULLINGAR!

Escaped from it's pen in Newtown Lawns between 27/28th January 2011...

She is only 7 months old. Tiny little thing... her name is Lucy, if anyone see's her, please PM me...

She's white and brown...

Lucy was found the other morning, a neighbour was "minding" it for them... although they tried to knock on his door a few times to check if he had seen her..

January wrote: »
    Lucy was found the other morning, a neighbour was "minding" it for them... although they tried to knock on his door a few times to check if he had seen her..

glad you were reunited anyways

I live in Dundalk so I got my cat notices on Dundalk FM and LM FM (Louth/Meath) - which still might be good to try even though you're in Dublin -

email - info@lmfm.ie - and tell them your story.

Also I know someone who got a mention on RTE with their missing cat - so try them too - why not - your story is interesting -

and any local papers you might have -

try the METRO too, the Herald, and maybe any AGE ACTION networks - see if anyone registered missing cat with them etc.

If I can think of others I'll post them here.

Best of luck with it and I'll have a good think about other places to send out your info.

I have one more lead re my own cat but I can't get in touch with this person so I have to keep trying.

All the best,
    Jaki

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dx1200

In Dartry Park Rathgar. I have to drop him to DSPCA tomorrow morn.

Small, black, brown terrier type dog.doggy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

dx1200 wrote: »
    In Dartry Park Rathgar. I have to drop him to DSPCA tomorrow morn.

Small, black, brown terrier type dog.doggy.jpg
    from what i can gathwer the DSPCA dont take in strays

Jaki I put up lots of posters all around the area and in noticeboards too, supermarket, library, etc
    I'll see if i get any phone calls now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JaneyJ

The bichon frise is now home. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Hi,

Dog was found in the kildare town area last week, no collar, female, around 3 years of age, very nervous. I think she is a mix of German Shepard & something else, if someone could tell me that would be great. We have been feeding her for the past week & taken care of her & looking for her owner.

If anyone knows please pm me

So I had 3 calls about cat today and some one is coming over now to see him, she lives about 10minutes walk away and lost a cat in july after she got a kitten the cat was very jealous and ran off. And whenever she found him he kept running away and after a while they assumed he died until they saw my poster.
    Very odd isn't it?
    The possible owner is coming over soon and claims she is 90% sure its her cat, we'll see how the cat reacts!!

serenacat wrote: »
    So I had 3 calls about cat today and some one is coming over now to see him, she lives about 10minutes walk away and lost a cat in july after she got a kitten the cat was very jealous and ran off. And whenever she found him he kept running away and after a while they assumed he died until they saw my poster.
    Very odd isn't it?
    The possible owner is coming over soon and claims she is 90% sure its her cat, we'll see how the cat reacts!!

nope it's not theirs!! search continues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Found outside the Tesco express today on the headford rd, Galway city. A friend has taken her home for now.

HeadfordRd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

This dog was found running in traffic yesterday in Blanchardstown. Wearing a brown studded leather collar. A kind person pulled over and took her in however her own dog does not like other dogs in the house so if the owner is not found soon she will have to bring the dog to the pound.

Any info please PM me and I can contact you.

Hi there Serena Cat

I am away from home at the moment so sorry to get back to you late. That's great news and what a great response to the posters. It is just amazing that there are so many found cats and so many missing cats and they are just not the same cats! Well, no one can say you didn't try your damndest. Making me want to do a new poster round now for my own cat. It's easy to give up.

You got a great response - and gave that woman some hope re her cat that ran off.

They say posters are the best way to get cats re-united. Looking forward to next installment of story.

Jaki

Hi there Serena Cat

I am away from home at the moment so sorry to get back to you late. That's great news and what a great response to the posters. It is just amazing that there are so many found cats and so many missing cats and they are just not the same cats! Well, no one can say you didn't try your damndest. Making me want to do a new poster round now for my own cat. It's easy to give up.

You got a great response - and gave that woman some hope re her cat that ran off.

They say posters are the best way to get cats re-united. Looking forward to next installment of story.

Jaki

Hi jaki,
    The lady said her cat ran away when they got a kitten in the summer and was asking me how the cat's temperment is now. she said her sister was upset about it and she told her not to worry that the cat is around somewhere alive. I found it very strange that they didn't put posters up they were waiting for someone else to put posters up?!
    I'll have to check with the wind and rain if the posters have fallen down now, its very hard to get them to stay, we used plastic ties and sellotape, what did you use?
    I'm am thinking though how many ginger male neutered unmicrochipped cats can there be in my area!! its like an epidemic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

female collie cross found in Galway University Grounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

There's a lost & found thread here - and if you can get a picture of the dog that might be helpful too :)
    Or if you're near a vets you could ask them to check for microchip.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Is she with you ?. If so then you must notify either the Guards or the Dog Warden. If she needs rehoming then try EGAR - who posts here or MADRA Dog Rescue.

Please keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

Hi yes have put it on Galway Bay, n contacted the warden. it is not the first dog i have found in the uni. dogs are being dumped all over the country. take a look at some of the rescue sites or some of the rescues that take pics of dogs in the pound. it is a DISGRACE. Maybe if the irish believed n reincarnation we would not have this treatment of animals. There is a need to ban puppy farming allowing people to make money and then the rescues having to clean up their mess. it is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

There's a loose boxer running round Knockma hill (near Belclare/ Caherlistrane) in Co Galway this morning. I think it was male, seems friendly enough and well looked after. He was wearing a brown collar but no tag with number or name. I couldn't hold on to him as he and my dog didn't quite see eye to eye and he was intent on following after other people with dogs.

Edit.... scratch that. Just found out who owns him and he's not lost, just let wander.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Hey guys, Phoebe has been missing since Tuesday last, she is a year old white with grey flecked exotic shorthair persian. She escaped from her home in Torytop Road, Ballyphehane, Cork last Tuesday and hasn't come back. If anyone has seen her, can you please let me know. She doesn't have mismatched eyes like the pic, but it looks exactly like her otherwise.

Odie1yraframed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

Hey,

We found a Golden Labrador in Julianstown last night near the school, he was in a little accident with a car but he is fine now, brought him to the vet and he’s not chipped, if you hear of anyone in Julianstown missing a dog, could you pass on my details. I have included a picture as well. He has a black collar on with little golden paws on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM1971

Hi all ,
    My mum found a yorkshire terrier cross today outside Trinity College. It is a male dog approx 4yrs and his tail is docked . I am waiting to see him so I can get a photo in the mean time if anyone is missing him pls post a reply. He is a very friendly dog and would appear to be use to being indoors.
    Many thanks
    Jan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 triena

Hi everyone, Im new to boards.ie, hope this is the correct way to use this???
    Our beautiful dogs went missing around 4pm thurs 17th feb, haven't been seen since, so if ye happen to see our 2 male dogs in the portlaoise area , white terrier/spitz with a curled tail, green collar and black collie/belgain shepherd with tan on legs,(his collar was left in behind in our garden when dod disappered)

I would appreciate if anyone could help out, I exhausted trying to find them, out every day since the disappered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

Hi,

We found a female kitten (black & white) outside Texaco service station on the clogheen rd in cahir, Co. Tipperary yesterday. She was starving an a little dishevelled, so she may be stray. However, she is extremely friendly and definately used to human contact so may belong to someone.
    If anyone recognises her please PM me.
    We will have to rehome if we can't locate an owner as we have 6 of our own.

_MG_4533.jpg

Thanks.

Advertisement