Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM1971

I have mentioned on another post my dissapointment at people taking on the responsibility of animals and not bothering to either chip or tag them. I am an animal lover and it breaks my heart to see an animal lost . I , my neighbour and mum seperately have found 3 dogs in the last 3 weeks and none of them were tagged or chipped and its upsetting on all concerned when a dog/cat is lost especially on the animals. There is no excuse a tag approx e7.00 /microchip E25.00. If your animals end up in the pound you pay euro 120.00 to get them back . That is an expensive lesson to learn compared to a quick ph call that can be made if your no is on their collar and you can have your animal back within hours. PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING. I am up since 6am this morning with a dog that landed on my doorstep barking and I once again will do my best to find the owner.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

JM1971 wrote: »
    I have mentioned on another post my dissapointment at people taking on the responsibility of animals and not bothering to either chip or tag them. I am an animal lover and it breaks my heart to see an animal lost . I , my neighbour and mum seperately have found 3 dogs in the last 3 weeks and none of them were tagged or chipped and its upsetting on all concerned when a dog/cat is lost especially on the animals. There is no excuse a tag approx e7.00 /microchip E25.00. If your animals end up in the pound you pay euro 120.00 to get them back . That is an expensive lesson to learn compared to a quick ph call that can be made if your no is on their collar and you can have your animal back within hours. PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING. I am up since 6am this morning with a dog that landed on my doorstep barking and I once again will do my best to find the owner.:(

It really is a hard lesson for me, if only I had him on a collar with a tag. But who's to say someone's not decided to keep him for themselves??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

JM1971 wrote: »

Gorgeous dog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

MaeveD wrote: »
    My friends cat Lupas it missing from his home in Finglas... I've attached a poster with two pics of him... if you see him please call the number, he's really missed :(

Lupus was found in Clonee and is back home.... thanks to Blanchardstown Veterinary Hospital for reading his chip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dita

Chestnut/ red setter type dog found on N11 at Newtownmountkennedy this morning.

Has a collar but no details, anybody know anyone missing a lovely dog?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

IPAM wrote: »
    Black and White Siberian Huskey taken from outside Supervalu in Ratoath, Co Meath @ 8.30 approx 8/3/11, Answers to Kobi

Not my dog but if found or any info on whereabouts I'll pass on to owner

4qpvzd.jpg

Thanks

thats a very nice dog, i was just on gum tree looking at, this one 51550693.jpg
    when i read your post i thought they wer the same for a second but the markings around the eyes are very different.......well anyway...i hope the owner gets his/her dog back....really is a cool looking dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

Dita wrote: »

Saw this on lostdogs.ie
    Irish Red Setter, 7 years old. Dark red. His name is rufus. Contact lisa at 040445302. Lost in Glendalough
    redsetterlost.jpg

Unfortunately its not that setter, I spoke to his owner yesterday, I really hope she gets him back.

have put fliers up in area found and everywhere I can think of online.

Will just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Hi,

there was a dog running around Busaras in Dublin earlier,around noon, with no collar. He was rummaging in bins and seemed friendly enough, but a little wary of traffic etc, which is why I was concerned. Think he was a cross breed, but definitely some kind of hound - mostly black, with (grubby) white markings. I popped into Store St garda station but no one was around to help and the dog got away down a side street. Hope he's ok, I'd hate to think he'd run in front of a bus or something. If anyone is missing him then that area is a good place to look

Dita wrote: »

Dog reunited with owners last night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

well done!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭rpmcs

any one missing a yellow lab in sligo town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emma_f

Dog found on Tramore beach in Waterford on 20th March. Black leather collar but no tags. Greyhound/whippet cross - sand coloured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emma_f

Better pic of the dog i found on tramore beach

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

Small, timed Jack Russell with black and brown patches found at a cross roads in Sandymount today. Will post pictures tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Found brown and white cocker spaniel in kilflynn just outside tralee, has been around awhile i would love to keep this dog if owner wasnt found but have two dogs already and would not have room, if i was to carry this dog to the pound what at the chances he will be re homed, any advice with what to do would be helpfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM1971

Hi Trigger,
    Please try if you can avoid putting the dog in the pound. Place an ad free of charge in the Herald for 5 days in the found section. Go to lost dogs.ie /irish animals.ie to place ad also. I have found many dogs and have been sucessful through this . I would also recommend you put up posters (atm's / vets / shops / garda station) if you have the time . Also contact any local dog groomers as they might rec the dog. Is the dog chipped ? otherwise ask local kids or other dog walkers. Best of luck . My opinion on dog pounds is not good . I mentioned on previous posts of a dog I found recently.I did leave the dog in the pound and the owner rung twice while he was there and they told her they had no dog matching the description of her dog . Only through sheer determination on her and my part the dog got reunited with her. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

There's a black lab wandering around Carrick-on-Suir for about the last week or so.

He is a very blocky, strong looking boy but he is quite timid and friendly and seems to be very hungry.

He has something on his front right leg but it looks to me like dirt stuck to his coat as opposed to a sore.

He has no collar on him but his coat seems to be in good condition and he doesn't seem to have any obvious health problems aside from probably being very hungry and thirsty.

Does anyone know anything about this dog? I have pictures of him on my phone but I can't put them up here until I get home.

I have this morning contacted a person in Cottage Rescue (I sent the picture of the dog via text) and I am waiting to hear back from them. The reason why I did not contact the TSPCA is because it says on their site they keep dogs for 5 days only.

If anyone has any suggestions on what else I can do I'd really appreciate it as he seems like a lovely dog who is either greatly missed by his family or in need of a new loving home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Hi, I live in Sandymount near railway union.

My cat George, a tabby, hasn't been home all week. I know he's okay as the people working in the nursing home down the road see him every day and would ring me if they didn't. If he doesn't come home tonight I'll ring them tomorrow and ask them to hold on to him when he arrives and then go and collect him.

My problem is this, he has a collar (red) with name and number and is chipped too. I used to leave food out for him when I let him out in the morning but then he started staying away for a few days at a time so I started thinking he was eating during the day and not coming home because he wasn't hungry so I stopped leaving the food out. He was back then every night for about a week but now I haven't seen him since Monday or so and that's the longest he has stayed away.

Someone else has to be feeding him I think, why else would he not come home? Has anyone seen him around? Does anyone know of a way to stop others feeding him? Nobody has rang me or anything about him. The nursing home people don't feed him, just give him the odd treat, which is fine. His sister misses him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hey guys,

Black bundle of energy found in Dooradoyle-Raheen area. No collar unfortunately...

Please contact.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Emma1980

Male Honey & White Shih Tzu missing from the Dolphins Barn / Rialto area since yesterday afternoon. Answers to the name FREDDY. If anyone has seen him, please PM me urgently.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Emma1980 wrote: »
    Male Honey & White Shih Tzu missing from the Dolphins Barn / Rialto area since yesterday afternoon. Answers to the name FREDDY. If anyone has seen him, please PM me urgently.

Thanks

awww hope you find him Emma he is gorgeous little guy.Is he approachable so if anyone sees him they can pick him up and hold him for you?
    I hope you find him soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

A pigeon with bands on both legs has been staying in our garden for the past 2 weeks or so. Obviously belongs to someone.
    Anybody any ideas on how to catch it and get the id numbers from the bands?
    (No Dick Dastardly suggestions please! :))
    Do pigeon owners even bother finding birds that have gone astray?

I think it might be injured a little as it wont fly very far away when approached. We've kestrels and buzzards in the area so it could end up being a meal if we dont find an owner!
    I'm in D15 near Ashtown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Emma1980

Emma1980 wrote: »

Thanks

FREDDIE WAS FOUND LAST NIGHT SAFE AND WELL :D

Gaspode wrote: »
    A pigeon with bands on both legs has been staying in our garden for the past 2 weeks or so. Obviously belongs to someone.
    Anybody any ideas on how to catch it and get the id numbers from the bands?
    (No Dick Dastardly suggestions please! :))
    Do pigeon owners even bother finding birds that have gone astray?

I think it might be injured a little as it wont fly very far away when approached. We've kestrels and buzzards in the area so it could end up being a meal if we dont find an owner!
    I'm in D15 near Ashtown.

One thing make sure he/she has water as when birds get thirsty or over heated they cant fly much.As they are pretty tame,I would say food and try lure it in somewhere so you can pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sojourner

Lost - Black 4 month old kitten with white paws and neck in the Ongar area tonight.
    Please PM me if found.

Photo http://imgur.com/8jyRe

SHE CAME BACK HOME!
    sojourner wrote: »
    Lost - Black 4 month old kitten with white paws and neck in the Ongar area tonight.
    Please PM me if found.

Photo http://imgur.com/8jyRe

SHE CAME BACK HOME!

aww thats great delighted for you :)

caseyann wrote: »
    aww thats great delighted for you :)

thanks... we're so excited and relieved :D

• Advertisement

thanks... we're so excited and relieved :D

Did you do the five week rule when you got her? It is great news as so young can be taken and kept.

Advertisement