Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CavanLady

Hi all,

My parent's 8 year old westie is missing since this afternoon. So not like her to leave the garden never mind wander off. She is wearing a red collar with their details on a tag. We have been out all evening searching everywhere with all the neighbours looking too.

We are terrified she may have been stolen.

They live in Ashewood Glen behind the Ashbourne House Hotel so if anyone finds her call 086-1709110 please. She is a much loved member of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chicofuentes

Young Neutered Male JRT looking for a good home in Co. Galway area. Very friendly and toilet trained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jessica Coyle

Black kitten/cat 7-8 months old with white paws and nose tip lost from Anne St, Dundalk
    Please tel: 0863316854

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

Hi

Gorgeous Bull Mastiff found on the Kilbride to Ratoath road today. Was walking in the direction of Ratoath but could have come from Dublin 15 area. Had a blue collar and a 10ft blue rope attached.

Very big, well fed and exercised dog, very tame and obedient.

Now in the care of Ratoath Vetinary Clinic in Co.Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

He was handed in to the vets by a lady who was walking her two dogs and he followed them home. He is pitch-black and an entire male, not chipped. He is now in the care of EGAR.

215913_10150164227025889_169411475888_6760484_1192975_n.jpg

You you think this is your dog or know who owns him, please contact EGAR via PM here or via the main website: www.egar.org .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Our tillys still missing its been 6 months now

He could be anywhere so even if you think its him take him to a vet he is microchipped and can be traced to us. I know its a long shot but still hoping

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

I was walking the cliff walk in sutton around two weeks ago and met a dog straying, he was a yellow labrador and was near identical to my own labrador. The two of them played together on the strand there. I assumed the dog was from one of houses nearby and was allowed wander around area, he was healthy and in good condition.
    I went back to area today for another walk and i found the dog dead on a rock on the beach. Two women passing told me the dog is there a few days and it has no collar on. This obviously upset me . I searched a load of websites to try and see if the dog was reported lost by anyone but no luck. I didnt know whether there was any one i could report dead dog to and imagine council wouldnt be too quick to come out.
    Dont know if any point posting here but if anyone knows the owner i can let them know location of dog . I also took a photo of the body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I was walking the cliff walk in sutton around two weeks ago and met a dog straying, he was a yellow labrador and was near identical to my own labrador. The two of them played together on the strand there. I assumed the dog was from one of houses nearby and was allowed wander around area, he was healthy and in good condition.
    I went back to area today for another walk and i found the dog dead on a rock on the beach. Two women passing told me the dog is there a few days and it has no collar on. This obviously upset me . I searched a load of websites to try and see if the dog was reported lost by anyone but no luck. I didnt know whether there was any one i could report dead dog to and imagine council wouldnt be too quick to come out.
    Dont know if any point posting here but if anyone knows the owner i can let them know location of dog . I also took a photo of the body.

If you report to local council they will go pick him up.Poor dog :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Our tillys still missing its been 6 months now

He could be anywhere so even if you think its him take him to a vet he is microchipped and can be traced to us. I know its a long shot but still hoping

thanks

Where is that he's from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

budgemook wrote: »
    Where is that he's from?

tipperary- but its been months so even if someone finds a cat that could be him anywhere please check is he chipped

we miss him terribly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Found three dogs in Carlow tonight in a field between oak park road and Dublin rd.
    One ran off in direction of oak park rd, we couldn't get near it. But the other two didn't move. We brought them back to our house and I have left a message for the dog warden.
    I think one is a terrier but I'm not sure what the other dog is.
    They don't look under nourished. Really hope I can reunite them with their owner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭memomy

Anybody missing a young King Charles in the Blanchardstown area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Michael McArdle

I am absolutely heartbroken after my cat, Felix, went missing.

Details: Black and white, nearly three years old, medium to large, neutered, cataract-type cloud over left eye, no collar, not microchipped.

Date lost: Saturday, 09 Apr 2011
    Location lost: Cremore Villas, Glasnevin, Dublin.

I am lost without him. If you think you've seen him please leave a message here or phone or text me on 086 1797 509.

Here's a link with more details:
    http://www.pets.ie/lost_found/2_year...blin-2270.html

(Mods: hope this is in order. If not please accept my apologies).

I am absolutely heartbroken after my cat, Felix, went missing.

Details: Black and white, nearly three years old, medium to large, neutered, cataract-type cloud over left eye, no collar, not microchipped.

Date lost: Saturday, 09 Apr 2011
    Location lost: Cremore Villas, Glasnevin, Dublin.

I am lost without him. If you think you've seen him please leave a message here or phone or text me on 086 1797 509.

Here's a link with more details:
    http://www.pets.ie/lost_found/2_year...blin-2270.html

(Mods: hope this is in order. If not please accept my apologies).

Any luck? Have you posters up? Is cat microchipped?

EDIT: Is he male? If so, is he neutered?

EDIT: Sorry, just read the ad. Posters and ringing vets is all you can do for now I think. Posters are very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hey all.

A standard sized jack russell terrier went missing in the Douglas area today near the Carrigaline back road today.

Female, neutered, with a collar on. She has been micro-chipped, but my dad didn't get a chance to register her yet. She is only 8 months old.

She is tan and white with floppy ears and long legs. The fur on her ears is wavy, she is very sweet natured and skittish.

My dad is an OAP and is very attached to his 2 dogs. He was walking his dogs in the park when in Donnybrook when she ran off.

Please if you see her contact me, my dad is worried sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

memomy wrote: »
    Anybody missing a young King Charles in the Blanchardstown area?

There are a couple of Cav's on the lostandfoundpets site. Wouldn't be one of these would it?

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/search/lost/dublin/dog

I have a Cav myself and would hate it if she got lost. Good luck in finding the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Michael McArdle

budgemook wrote: »
    Any luck? Have you posters up? Is cat microchipped?

EDIT: Is he male? If so, is he neutered?

EDIT: Sorry, just read the ad. Posters and ringing vets is all you can do for now I think. Posters are very effective.

500 posters/flyers have gone in to houses and up on lampposts. There are more being printed. I've also been in contact with vets, animal welfare organisations and garda stations Thanks for your concern and advice. Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I am delighted to announce that the puppy lost in the Donnybrook area on the 17th of April has been found and safely returned to my dad!!!!! :D

So glad to see a happy ending!!!!

I am taking it upon myself to reg their micro-chips though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hi,

I found a black cat this evening in the Kinvara estate, Navan Road Dublin 7, seemed a very friendly fellow. I think he/she may be missing a while as the cat is quite bony. It seemed to be injured so we have brought it to the vets where it is having an overnight stay.

The cat is full black, very friendly.. I think it is male. Very deep meow (although that might be because of the injury).

PIC OF CAT

If I dont find an owner, we might be looking for a good home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Just in case it might help some of you out there i started a bog to reuinte lost and found pets, http://irishpetslostandfound.blogspot.com/

Hope it helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭ktod

We moved house over the weekend and despite our best efforts, our cat has escaped :(
    He has been missing now for two days and we are very worried about him.
    Ninja is 2 1/2 years old, neutered, black with white socks, white bib, white whiskers and green eyes. He has a bad front leg and is probably very freaked out - he is a rescue cat and tends to be a bit skittish at the best of times.
    I don't have a photo to upload as we haven't unpacked yet.
    He isn't wearing a collar, but is chipped, and ran off from the Clybaun area of Galway - one of the estates just after the hotel there on the corner.
    I fear he may be gone for good, but would of course love to hear of any sightings.
    Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

Found: Small, friendly, young male Jack Russel in Virginia, Cavan.

White with tan "freckles", his tail has not been docked. No microchip or collar. He didn't look in bad condition but could do with a bath so he mustn't have been straying for long. Various people said he'd been hanging around the school so maybe he's from a family with small kids?

My dog nipped his ear when he came over to play and took the ball so I've brought him to the vets at Bilis, Virginia. They won't be able to hang on to him though so he may have to go to the SPCA if his owner doesn't claim him soon.

If this sounds like your pet please get in touch with the vets. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

My friend found a small grey very friendly terrier somewhere near Barna woods today. PM if you think it's yours.

ktod wrote: »
    We moved house over the weekend and despite our best efforts, our cat has escaped :(
    He has been missing now for two days and we are very worried about him.
    Ninja is 2 1/2 years old, neutered, black with white socks, white bib, white whiskers and green eyes. He has a bad front leg and is probably very freaked out - he is a rescue cat and tends to be a bit skittish at the best of times.
    I don't have a photo to upload as we haven't unpacked yet.
    He isn't wearing a collar, but is chipped, and ran off from the Clybaun area of Galway - one of the estates just after the hotel there on the corner.
    I fear he may be gone for good, but would of course love to hear of any sightings.
    Thanks very much.

Did you move far? He might be gone back to the old place

Ninja Cat found his way back to the new house this morning :)
    Am very thankful for his return - he is ravenously hungry, tired and a bit shaky - and for the support I have received here. Maybe one day I can return the favour :)

ktod wrote: »
    Ninja Cat found his way back to the new house this morning :)
    Am very thankful for his return - he is ravenously hungry, tired and a bit shaky - and for the support I have received here. Maybe one day I can return the favour :)

Great news. You should probably keep him in for a couple of weeks in a room with big windows so he can figure out exactly where the new house is located.

Thanks, we are delighted - he managed to escape from such a room... will put thinking cap on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Smilerterry

Posting for a friend.

Molly is missing from Brindley Park Estate, Ashbourne since Good Friday (22nd April)

Mainly white, and tortoiseshell patches (calico?). Female, Neutered, blue collar with pink name tag and microchipped.

She is 3.5 year old and quite friendly. But won’t really let you pick her up.

Please can you check your sheds or garages in case she has been trapped in, she has been trapped in previously as likes to take a sleep in warm places!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 swen0968

Hello!

I live on Upper Drumcondra Road and there appears to be a cat that is homeless. We know that he once had a home and was well cared for as he is VERY friendly. He is white and black. I attached a pic just in case!

Advertisement