Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Found thread. **No Personal Contact Details **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Just checked another website and his owners have posted up a lost ad, and are coming to collect him!

The OH found a male Jack Russell Terrier on the corner of Connaught Street and the Phibsboro road at 6.20pm today, Saturday 2 February.
    He seems quite young and in good condition. Not microchipped and was not wearing a collar (the collar in the picture is one of mine)
    555424_10152504139435507_1671595780_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Morning

I found a golden retreiver in the ballincollig area last night

His male,aroundn3 or 4 years i think.His neutered.His very friendly and well trained

I checked if he was micro chipped and the details were wrong

If you know of owners let e know

I will upload a pic later

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Morning

I found a golden retreiver in the ballincollig area last night

His male,aroundn3 or 4 years i think.His neutered.His very friendly and well trained

I checked if he was micro chipped and the details were wrong

If you know of owners let e know

I will upload a pic later

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Hi, I found a kitten, about 6 months old, black with white "socks" and a white patch on his chest. Found near courtbrack avenue in limerick. Pictures on limerick animal welfare facebook page. ( sorry, on the touch site and not sure if I can upload photo).

Late Edit: Image below. Hope someone is looking for him:
    KW7Iek3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kaz58

Hi my Mam's cat is gone missing since 28 January he's name is River ,went missing from the Ballynanty Area if anyone has seen him please reply . Thanks .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

kaz58 wrote: »
    Hi my Mam's cat is gone missing since 28 January he's name is River ,went missing from the Ballynanty Area if anyone has seen him please reply . Thanks .
    Don't suppose that's River in my post above yours? Pm for details if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Daisy & Duke went missing from Faughart area, Dundalk, Co. Louth. *REWARD OFFERED FOR THEIR SAFE RETURN* Help us find them.
    PM me with any info please

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/426705_164813030333980_525061366_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Daisy & Duke went missing from Faughart area, Dundalk, Co. Louth. *REWARD OFFERED FOR THEIR SAFE RETURN* Help us find them.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/426705_164813030333980_525061366_n.jpg

These dogs are now believed to have been stolen.Please keep an eye out for them in 'dogs for sale' publications and small ad's.

Thanks 10GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

These dogs are now believed to have been stolen.Please keep an eye out for them in 'dogs for sale' publications and small ad's.

Thanks 10GB.

I'm so sorry to hear that......

I hope you get your babies back....

GSW.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

FB page, share if you can please folks.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingDukeDaisy

64863_10151304169747545_1577254080_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Found wandering on the Model Farm Rd in Cork. If anyone knows of the owners, please contact Munster Lost & Found on 021 4287216 or 086 2112850. Two males, they're possibly from the same home but keeping an open mind. One is microchipped but unfortunately is still registered to the breeder...

There are other details that only the owner will know so not publicising them here.

Two lost dogs(edited).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Just on the off chance someone is looking there are two dogs straying in Borris in Ossory.

One Black with bits of white and the other is Brown/Redish both mixed breed about Labrador size.

The people in the Costcutter shop are kind of keeping an eye on them, the brown lad hasn't any road sense.

Was in this shop today - happy ending, owner found them

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Owner was looking for him and just collected him !Please see thread in the forum for info too.

This poor dog turned up this evening at my front door, a real call for help.

8458657335_7b367024ec.jpg
    lost dog by mountainsandheather, on Flickr

8459762304_f0da9754e4.jpg
    04-IMGP5677 by mountainsandheather, on Flickr

more pics on my Flickr, just click on pics and look at photostream.

I'm at the foot of the Knockmealdowns, co Waterford but across the fields is co Tipperary, also not too far from Cappoquinn, Melleray, Lismore, Clonmel, Dungarvan.

He is smelly, thin, may have mange, has numerous sores on his feet and body, so I'm guessing he's been out a while.

He has a brown leather collar that is wider at the top, no name tag, and haven't been able to take off collar but I don't think anything written on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Found a Yorkshire Terrier in Knocknacarra, Galway today about 4pm.

No luck finding the owners so far.

Here's my thread in Galway section if anybody can help, thanks : )

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056876941?page=1#post_83139533

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

To Mountainsandh.

What a beautiful dog, that sad little face says it all though, lost, alone, cold, wet, hungry. You're so good to have given him shelter like that, can't help thinking though taking care of his immediate needs is likely to be the easy part because if you're anything like me, you can't say no and later on, you can't say goodbye. It's so hard, even when it's for the best.......that's why I can't go to the shelters for a new dog, I couldn't leave any of them behind so I have to look by word of mouth, so to speak. I wish you luck and give thanks for your kind heart. If you find yourself totally stuck and you can't keep him yourself, maybe you'd let me know? I hope it's not wrong to say that here, it's just if it were me, I'd like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Hey guys,

My cat darted out the door around 4.20am this morning. I know it's only been around 8 hours but he has never been outside before so has no street sense. It has been raining constantly since lastnight and the road near my house has started to flood. I've been searching everywhere for him since he ran out the door but there is no sign of him.

He lives in Dublin 6 and has a blue collar with a bell. His name is Panda.

If you are in the area please keep your eyes wide open.

pandabear_zps7ff3fb3c.jpg

He might look like a gangster but he's never been in the rain before or spent all night on his own so I am very worried and anxious to find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Just came across female wire hair terrier wandering into the gardens on our street in Ballybane. Shes very nervous little girl, very jumpy when anyone moves and was very hungry. She was very dirty and her legs and paws are very bare and raw looking. Looks to be still a puppy but shes had a litter tho maybe not very recently. She doesnt seem to want to move out now and already settled in our Millies bed. We'll bring her to Glenina in morning to see if shes chipped. She had no collar on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

The Yorkshire Terrier I posted 3 posts above has now been reunited with his family.

He did a runner on Saturday and somehow ended up down with us.

So a good ending :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

This little fella has adopted my parents.

He's definitely a house cat, keeps on trying to get in, and seems very friendly.

Anyone who knows him drop me a PM, cos while he's being fed and looked after (has his own little bedding area in the shed etc, with their other cat) I'd hate to think of some little kid missing their cat...it happened to me 25 years ago and even though i eventually found my Tiger (6 months later), its still hard for a kid to be without their pet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Isolt wrote: »
    Hey guys,

My cat darted out the door around 4.20am this morning. I know it's only been around 8 hours but he has never been outside before so has no street sense. It has been raining constantly since lastnight and the road near my house has started to flood. I've been searching everywhere for him since he ran out the door but there is no sign of him.

Panda is home safe and sound and is now under house arrest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Whispered wrote: »
    Panda is home safe and sound and is now under house arrest.

Brilliant glad to hear it :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Brilliant glad to hear it :D

+1 thrilled for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh I'm so happy to hear that!!! I was only telling the boyfriend about him tonight and kept checking for updates! Stay safe now little Panda!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Black young dog found in Knocknacarra mid January.
    Will be with Madra after tomorrow.

20130201_085004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

salthill galway
    black labradour type dog running around.looks very thin,about 1 year old.
    was last seen outside seapoint about 10 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Duke and Daisy have made all three of this weeks local papers. Only online link is for the Dundalk Democrat.

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/local/help-find-duke-and-daisy-1-4776740

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭R0C

R0C wrote: »
    Stunningly beautiful pure white cat found last night in Claremorris, Co. Mayo.

About a year old. Male. Extremely friendly.

Was quite dirty and extremely distressed when found.

If anyone knows the cat or owner, please contact me here.

We still have this beautiful cat, all clean and white now.

We took him to the vet who tended to a couple of wounds he had; the vet contacted other vets in the region and we have put up posters.

It looks like he travelled into Claremorris under someone's bonnet going by where he was found. He had some burns and was covered in oil when found, so may be from surrounding towns, possibly quite a distance away.

We're happy to keep him as he's absolutely beautiful and full of fun and mischief, a huge personality, but I'd hate to think of someone out there missing their pet.

There's no doubt that he's been somebody's house cat, very confident and familiar with being in a house but not used to being outdoors.

If you hear of anyone missing him, get in touch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

There's a white cat reported missing in Sligo recently, dates don't match but probably worth a look ? http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/ifjdye
    They could have waited a bit to report him missing.

edit : 1h7min trip, or 1h30, would that be possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'd say that would be possible. A friend had a young cat who was constantly hitching a lift. She used to end up in strange places all over the town. Once she made it from Kilkenny town to Thurles (24 miles - 45min trip) with a few burns. She disappeared in the end - probably either got off in the middle of nowhere or got killed. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭R0C

There's a white cat reported missing in Sligo recently, dates don't match but probably worth a look ? http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/ifjdye
    They could have waited a bit to report him missing.

edit : 1h7min trip, or 1h30, would that be possible ?

For a second there I thought that was him, but the one we have is not neutered. Very similar looking though. I will look into it further.

Last year my housemate brought a kitten on a journey of over an hour under the bonnet of his vehicle.

Advertisement